d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Smiter Viable Or Ignored? > Lvl30 Pvp Format
12312Next
Closed New Topic
Gold: 265.00
Feb 8 2019 11:20pm
Hello lld community

I started playing low-level dueling for level 30 PVP format about a year ago. When I started up again playing low-level dueling I met Mike_roch and Mike had a smiter at the time.

It was at that point that I started making my own smiter, a lot of people helped me create the smiter with time I try to make the smiter even better and I would be pretty much beat every other smiter in East server and the only one that could more or less give me a fight was Mike's smiter.

What the problem was I couldn't beat pretty much any casters I couldn't beat an Amazon I couldn't beat a fireball sorceress or Necromancer these matchups were really hard even a whirlwind Barbarian and chargers.

Pretty much every other class was able to outplay me out maneuver me and completely defeat my smiter.

But I didn't give up I started thinking of different ways to make my smiter better and he did get better but I've reached a point to where it's not enough even with the best possible gear for smiter, you still can't win. So what next, quit? Give up? Naaaah...

I've heard people say well if enigma of peace were allowed it be good on a smiter and would make him more viable I thought to myself would make him better but it's too overpowered then people say yeah if you could use grief of Honor he'd be amazing I said anybody in this format with a grief of honor would be amazing and it's still too overpowered so all these hybrid rune words are bad manner and I was like well there's one I'm looking at that doesn't seem like it's over power it doesn't seem to break the meta it's not unhealthy in a match it still promotes a challenge and it's fun to be able to use a smiter .......and actually win.

I've been testing out lawbringer in level 30 PVP format and I have voucheres and screenshots of some people agreeing that it's not overpowered verses grief of Honor or Enigma peave or Doom of Honor or all these other hybirds words that essentially Break The Meta that this particular hybrid is pretty much water down it's pretty trashy hybrid actually but it gives a Competitive Edge to smiter to where I believe in my experience be more viable granted the caster format.

This Thread isn't so much to discuss the details about lawbringer but to discuss strictly for smiters if lawbringer could be accepted by the low-level dueling Community as a weapon only smiter would be able to utilize base that smiters don't really have a lot going for them to start.

In this community a lot of you know me as practically the only smiter that's active so I'm addressing this for you guys to see if you accept pretty much me utilizing this particular hybrid in a legit PVP format for low-level dueling.

Didn't get to do much testing with the lawbringer because everyone else in the game just kept killing me over the fact that the items that hybrid but they didn't seem to realize that even if the item is a hybrid it's not overpowered some people wanted to use the excuse that it's simply just a hybrid and it's not allowed and some people said that it is overpowered but I have people that say otherwise and you know everyone has your opinion but I'm here making this pole to see what feedback I can get regarding Ace miter and this item to be allowed in just a regular PVP format for low-level dueling.

I don't agree that if lawbringer is allowed that grief of Honor should be allowed or that Doom of Honor should be allowed or the Enigma of Peace should be allowed I'm not saying any of that I'm saying for smiter this item seems like something a smiter could use to make them more viable to buff them to make them stronger in a sense where it's balanced enough to be able to be used in the low-level dueling format for level 30s.

Personally I feel that it doesn't seem like people want smiter to be a contender or to be something that they would have to deal with and the basis of a team fight or One V one match they want to promote enough mechanics to spider where a spider can kill a sorceress or a spider can defeat a necromancer I feel they don't want that to happen they don't want the possibility of a spider being able to go that far in this format and I feel like Melee is really overshadowed and that maybe it needs to be buffed or some other classes need to be Nerf whichever it may be this is my opinion and if you guys can agree on that that'll make me feel a lot better and being able to utilize this item in a standard legitimate PVP duel for low-level duels.

I don't agree with a lot of the older rules because they're so old and a lot of time has passed and we should be smart enough to develop patches ourselves in between the community where we can Nerf or buff certain classes to balance out the meta and not just have one dominant category because somebody 10 years ago decided to make these rules this particular way.

Please feel free to post your feedback do not spam or insult me I'm I'm not looking for any of your negativity.

It would be really appreciated if you reply yes or no and with an actual reason as to why yes or why not allow smiter to be able to use this particular hybrid in the format for low-level dueling.

And again I know the rules I understand that hybrids are not allowed however this particular hybrid doesn't seem to be out of a category as overpowered so could we look at the realistic point of what this can provide a smiter versus how the current meta is and does it break it does it make a difference is it okay that's kind of what I want to know from you guys I know a lot of you don't care I know a lot of you do and you'll go backwards over your heads to say no it's a hybrid know it's a hybrid notes a hybrid but really explain why would it make any difference utilizing this particular on a smiter other then its a hybrid.

Please guys I'm really asking for an educated answer educated feedback educated opinions if you don't have anything nice to say or anything smart to say don't post on this thread please it's not like I'm trying to make a big deal out of this or anything I would just love to be able to play the class I most enjoy in this particular PVP format it's not fair that we can't Nerf and buff classes we just simply have to ignore that they exists that's not how I believe things should be done in this particular game.

This post was edited by danzeva on Feb 8 2019 11:32pm
Gold: 1,269.40
Feb 9 2019 12:53am
You think you should be allowed to use an item that procs Decripify?
Feb 9 2019 01:19am
Quote (starcreaft453 @ Feb 9 2019 12:53am)
You think you should be allowed to use an item that procs Decripify?

On a smiter? Yes, is it that bad in your opinion? Think about it...all.the crap I've tested and experimented with. And the result is the same.

You've been there since I started, and I can tell you man this item gives me that feeling like I can provide a challenge and have the ability to be viable.

@20% ctc I thought it was a good boost. I won't win every match up but a smiter will have a better chance.

To answer your questiom,yes I'm asking for the lld community to buff smiter for lld30.

If any one wants to test it, and see for your self please pm...its good but not broken item for lld smiter

This post was edited by danzeva on Feb 9 2019 01:21am
Gold: 175.01
Feb 9 2019 01:47am
If a build loses to every single class without hybrids then it isn't viable, it isn't a real build and we shouldn't be changing one of the most important rules just to cater to a character that is still going to lose
Riox had an enigma of peace on his level 30 rabies druid because it was almost literally the only way it would ever get a kill. Some people might let you do it just like some people let him do it but you shouldn't expect it out of us.

Gold: 7,005.00
Feb 9 2019 02:39am

https://youtu.be/uW6LHfDEGaE

Allow EoP movement ty

This post was edited by Haseo on Feb 9 2019 02:44am
Gold: 11,545.00
Feb 9 2019 03:20am
Quote (Haseo @ Feb 9 2019 12:39am)

Honestly I wouldn’t mind smiters being played like this...just eop allowed for them seems reasonable..this is not over powered and can still be countered...it be nice to see some weak builds become viable for more variability...nice gameplay btw mr haseo B)

This post was edited by Co99020 on Feb 9 2019 03:20am
Feb 9 2019 03:50am
Quote (Worrywart @ Feb 9 2019 01:47am)
If a build loses to every single class without hybrids then it isn't viable, it isn't a real build and we shouldn't be changing one of the most important rules just to cater to a character that is still going to lose
Riox had an enigma of peace on his level 30 rabies druid because it was almost literally the only way it would ever get a kill. Some people might let you do it just like some people let him do it but you shouldn't expect it out of us.

I never expect any thing from you or any one else. This is simple and very rhetorical situation. I am promoting a option for a class and I'm sure needs desprate attention.

And in my eyes, eop >lawbringer. I created the pole for a solution to this issue not to get my way. Trust me I'm not the first to shout out smiter needs a buff among many things.
Gold: 7,005.00
Feb 9 2019 03:56am
Quote (Co99020 @ Feb 9 2019 03:20am)
Honestly I wouldn’t mind smiters being played like this...just eop allowed for them seems reasonable..this is not over powered and can still be countered...it be nice to see some weak builds become viable for more variability...nice gameplay btw mr haseo B)

Yea this is how a hld one would ve played. And its all lld smite gear ezcept the eop

Quote (danzeva @ Feb 9 2019 03:50am)
I never expect any thing from you or any one else. This is simple and very rhetorical situation. I am promoting a option for a class and I'm sure needs desprate attention.

And in my eyes, eop >lawbringer. I created the pole for a solution to this issue not to get my way. Trust me I'm not the first to shout out smiter needs a buff among many things.

You complained about my eop ingame tho even though i showed it off as a build

This post was edited by Haseo on Feb 9 2019 03:56am
Feb 9 2019 04:01am
Quote (Haseo @ Feb 9 2019 02:39am)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50VzzNCQBsU

https://youtu.be/uW6LHfDEGaE

Allow EoP movement ty

Thank you for the vedio, and I agree with this. I've done it before, but i got an even a worse reaction from the community. They know who the are.

I find it much more challenging with lawbringer then I do playing with eop on a smiter.

Feb 9 2019 04:03am
Quote (Haseo @ Feb 9 2019 03:56am)
Yea this is how a hld one would ve played. And its all lld smite gear ezcept the eop

You complained about my eop ingame tho even though i showed it off as a build

That's becuase I was upset you got to use it, and and every one else didn't let me use it. So naturely i thought if I'm not allowed why would you be? And now we are here no hard feelings. If told you before this story.

This post was edited by danzeva on Feb 9 2019 04:03am
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
12312Next
Closed New Topic