d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Level 30 Concentrate Barbarian > King Of Click And Hold
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 450.00
Apr 21 2015 07:14pm
For some reason there is no lvl 30 Conc Barb guide so I decided to make this real quick as they are the KING of CLICK and HOLD

Lvl 30 Concentrate Barbs are very common characters in the melee scene. They are very well balanced characters due to high defense, uninterruptible attack, and high life.
FRW = Faster Run Walk
FHR = Faster Hit Recovery
FBR = Faster Block Rate
IAS = Increased Attack Speed
FPA = Frames Per Attack
BO = Battle Orders
WC = Warcry
BP = Breakpoint
RW = Runeword

1) Goals
2) Skills
3) Stats
4) Breakpoints
5) Gear
6) Inventory
7) Strategies

1) Goals

Aim for 1.8k+ life. You can get way higher based on sockets, jewelry, and helm choice.
Aim for 1.5 k + dmg
Minimum 7k ar
Minimum 10k defense while concing
Res, fhr, mana, and frw are not important. CLICK AND HOLD REMEMBER

2) Skills

You have got 41 skills points when fully rushed to hell with all skill quest's. Here is what I found to be the most optimal distribution:

Combat skills:

1 bash
1 stun
13 concentrate

Warcry skills:

1 howl
1 shout
7 battle orders(synergy for concentrate. hell yeah)
1 battle command

Combat Masteries:

15 weapon mastery of choice
1 iron skin

You could choose to pump more into shout/iron skin over Mastery for more defense but I feel it is not necessary. You can play around with them a little.

3) Stats

Strenght: enough for gear which will depend on gear and weapon choice. Ornates and Executioner Swords will put a lot of strain in this area without -requirements. At least strength adds enhanced damage.
Dexterity: Enough for max block. 85 for a grim shield and swordback hold.
Vitality: Rest goes in here
Energey: None

4) Breakpoints

FHR

From my experience is not important as concentrate is uninterruptible.

FBR
The frame we will be aiming at is 20 % FBR (frame 5. You will be achieving this with with a 30/20 grim shield. You'll have to settle for frame 7 with swordback hold).

IAS

Rather than show tables I'll just post basic weapons/gear pairing needed to hit certain fpa.
Naga:
25% ias from IK combo - 13 fpa (honor runeword naga)
25% ias " " and 30% ias on weapon - 11 fpa (rare/robo naga)
25% ias " " and 50% ias on weapon - 10 fpa (rare naga)

Zweihander/Rune Sword:
25% ias from IK combo - 12 fpa (honor runeword zweihander)
25% ias " " and 10% ias on weapon - 11 fpa (robo/rare zweihander/rune sword)
25% ias " " and 30% ias on weapon - 10 fpa (" ")
10% ias from Bloodfist and 50% ias on weapon - 10 fpa (" ")

Executioner Sword:
25% ias from IK combo - 14 fpa (honor runeword executioner)
25% ias " " and 10% ias on weapon - 13 fpa (robo/rare executioner)
25% ias " " and 30% ias on weapon - 12 fpa (" ")
25% ias " " and 50% ias on weapon - 11 fpa (" ")

Although they look sexy executioner swords are too slow and have to high reqs to be considered unless you have some godly prepatch one. Same for battle hammer which I didn't even bother to list.

5) Gear

I will propose budget friendly items and a godly item(perfect end gear)

Helm:
Choice 1: Eth/rep grim helm/grand crown. Shoot for 300+ def and 2os. Life/visionary/skills would be great adds. I wouldn't really consider a 1os unless you are on a strict budget.
Choice 2: +1 barb/+3 bo/2os barb helm. Life/other useful staff mods and visionary(if rare) would be great adds again. This has the potential to add large amounts of life at the cost of defense.

Choice 3: +1 barb/+3 bo/eth/rep/2os exceptional barb helm. Same as choice 2 but could get over 200+ defense on helm allowing it to be the best overall choice. Only one I've ever seen is mine. So goodluck.

Armor:
Non-optional: Eth/rep/2os Ornate Plate. Shoot for 1200+ defense. These have become extremely common and are not expensive so do not settle for 1os. I've seen plain 1300+def/2os go very cheap. Find one with -requirements, life, or both. These are a little more rare but there are a few out there.

Amu:
Choice 1: Angelics. Reasons should be obvious. High life and attack rating
Choice 2: +1 barb/+80 life magic amulet. Since you don't need mana or rep life really for that matter shooting for high life is the goal.
Choice 3: +1 barb/stats/life rare amulet. Ideally it should get you an equivalent of more than 80 life to beat the magic.

Rings:
Choice 1: Angelics
Choice 2: AR/stats/life rare ring. Again shoot for as much life gain as possible. Mana and rep life are not very important so don't waste money on those mods. Look for min damage instead.

You can choose using 2* Angelic rings, or 1* Angelic and 1* rare with min dam, ar, str/dext, and life or 2* rares.

Gloves:
Choice 1: IK. Paired with belt gives ias, defense, and ar.
Choice 2: Bloodfist. Would only use this if you plan to wear SoE and will not hit another fpa bp with IKs on. Up it once to a perf 56 defense.

Belt:
Choice 1: IK. obviously
Choice 2: String of Ears. 15% damage reduction and perf defense would be ideal.

Boots:
Choice 1: Sanders. Attack rating and 15 stats.
Choice 2: Goblin toes. This should be the choice you go with. Crushing blow helps a lot against other melee chars. Up it once to a perf 90 defense.

Shield:
Choice 1: Swordback Hold. Open wounds is great and can really help you out. Up it once to a perfect 134 defense. Remember that when it is up you will need to use a jewel with lvl 25 req or less.
Choice 2: Artisan's xx shield of deflection or 30/20/2os rare shield with good mods.
Choice 3: eth/rep 30/20/2os grim shield. Aim for 400+ defense. Have become much more common thanks to shops.

Weapons:

My favorite part.
Choice 1: Honor runeword (naga/zweihander). Decent damage, +1 skills, str, rep life, DEADLY STRIKE, ar, etc... so much to love with this.
Choice 2: Robo naga/zweihander/runesword. Really only robo naga would be viable. Only use this if you really feel you need to be swinging faster.
Choice 3: Eth/rep rare naga/zweihander/executioner/runesword basically any base as long as you get high amounts of damage and ias.

Jewels:
You will have around 5-7 sockets available. Look for as much damage as possible. Ideally you will want min/max damage jewels. You get a lot of enhanced damage from skill tree so no need for that in your jewels. Look for some with useful 4th mods such as stats, attack rating, or defense in that order. Make sure your highest requirement items use jewels with -15 req.

6) Inventory

If you can afford it then get 40x scs. get 3 max/20 attack rating/15 life or 15 life/20defense. You could play around with mixing charms to find something you like but I feel 3/20/15s are best.
If you can't afford that, get Gcs 9-10/xx/20-25 and the rest scs but than this build probably isn't for you.

7) Strategies

I will give the most detailed and proven strategies as possible.

Say go and wait for opponent to say go. Hover mouse over his head and hold down left click (extremely important not to make a mistake when doing this). Make sure you're walking.

Although most of this guide is common knowledge to the lld community I just though I would write it so that any newcomers could see it and not have to keep making threads asking about it. If I missed anything let me know guys.

Gold: 800.00
Apr 21 2015 07:20pm
my knout conc baba #1
ulfie #2 rip
Gold: 57.00
Apr 21 2015 07:45pm
gazu guide ty ty
Apr 21 2015 09:58pm
forgot about knout. sorry McNulty

knout would fall under same ias requirements as zweihander and runesword.

Also if it wasn't obvious your switch weapons would be 2* spirit swords or 2* +2 warcry weps.
Gold: 5,346.00
Apr 21 2015 11:08pm
cute guide :) the ias bp's per weapon base could be very helpful to a new recruit id imagine.

Quote (ReaperKing @ Apr 21 2015 08:58pm)
forgot about knout. sorry McNulty

knout would fall under same ias requirements as zweihander and runesword.

Also if it wasn't obvious your switch weapons would be 2* spirit swords or 2* +2 warcry weps.

in hardcore, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day, im talking like 2002, we would use wc/str switches with +str jewels to glitch our gear on :) get that extra hp's haha
it was good times...
none of that worrying about not being able to equipt all your gear when u died!! lots of adrenaline!
Apr 21 2015 11:17pm
Quote (amandab @ Apr 22 2015 12:08am)
cute guide :) the ias bp's per weapon base could be very helpful to a new recruit id imagine.

in hardcore, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day, im talking like 2002, we would use wc/str switches with +str jewels to glitch our gear on :) get that extra hp's haha
it was good times...
none of that worrying about not being able to equipt all your gear when u died!! lots of adrenaline!

Sounds like a lot of fun. I didn't start playing d2 till 2006-07 and didn't start using d2jsp till 2010. I missed out on a lot of crazy stuff that I wish I was around for.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 23 2015 12:59pm
Quote (amandab @ Apr 22 2015 02:08am)

it was good times...

still do

this is my prebuff

I'm interested to hear some stats from softcore chars. With basic plain 15 max jewels, 15 life charms and pretty much no max/ar or def coming from charms or jewels I hit 2.8k hp, 2.1k dmg and 18k defense. I'm undefeated and have won all my duels so I'm sure a good softcore conc barb will be almost unhittable.

I'm sure some softcore chars with perfected gear can hit 25 - 30k if my maths are right?

This post was edited by ShredBots on Apr 23 2015 01:01pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Apr 23 2015 01:25pm
Quote (ShredBots @ Apr 23 2015 12:59pm)
still do

this is my prebuff

http://i.imgur.com/eQmNdDP.jpg

I'm interested to hear some stats from softcore chars. With basic plain 15 max jewels, 15 life charms and pretty much no max/ar or def coming from charms or jewels I hit 2.8k hp, 2.1k dmg and 18k defense. I'm undefeated and have won all my duels so I'm sure a good softcore conc barb will be almost unhittable.

I'm sure some softcore chars with perfected gear can hit 25 - 30k if my maths are right?

20+K you lose alot of dmg to get. but i had the #1 most def. conc barb for a long time, goal was to max def at all costs

here is the only thread i can find on my old char

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=59680835&f=103

later i got full 15 life / 20 def scs inv. and a bit higher eth/rep ornate and respecd to full dex. i think i maxed out around 26 iirc but its been so long.

skyball had the most balanced def char i ever saw and it was a zeal.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Apr 23 2015 01:25pm
Gold: 3,358.00
Apr 23 2015 03:11pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 23 2015 02:25pm)
20+K you lose alot of dmg to get. but i had the #1 most def. conc barb for a long time, goal was to max def at all costs

here is the only thread i can find on my old char

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=59680835&f=103

later i got full 15 life / 20 def scs inv. and a bit higher eth/rep ornate and respecd to full dex. i think i maxed out around 26 iirc but its been so long.

skyball had the most balanced def char i ever saw and it was a zeal.

those are not very good, upped gtoes are way better. you should be getting your def from armor helm, maybe shield and def not boots. stylish? maybe usefull? probably not

Nice guide Reaper, well put together

This post was edited by grimaud on Apr 23 2015 03:12pm
Gold: 215.80
Apr 23 2015 04:32pm
Quote (McNulty @ Apr 22 2015 01:20am)
my knout conc baba #1
ulfie #2 rip

Ulfie is forever #1 melee
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic