d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Some Questions / Advice Please! > D2:R
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 3,037.75
May 9 2024 03:00am
Hi folks,

I'm considering to try some mld/lld and I have a few questions

First of all, load of info on this forum, bunch of guides etc, great! Thanks people!

1: I'm a legit player and the question is, is it worth to start playing this? As I get the strong idea that 50% on d2jsp are running bots, would it be possible to get somewhat competitive or will I be up only against players with 234523452345FG banked buying up all the best items?
2: What would be the logical lvl to start? Any difference in learning curve between lvl18/lvl47 for example?
3: What would be a good starting class / build?

Any advice is welcome, thanks in advance!
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 9 2024 08:08am
there is no ladder or competition
everything is diluted with buyouts
but u will enjoy trading and being able to trade items u find in game for cumulative gold to buy things u want, yes, but u will be simultaneously tempted to spend money.
good luck

someone will try to debate/argue/dismiss me
believe who u want
but per reading u can see ppl accumulate FG in many ways, so when ladder HC starts, ppl with a lot of FG, are ahead.

This post was edited by Diabloooo69 on May 9 2024 08:09am
May 9 2024 08:51am
Thanks for your reply,

I don’t really have that much of a problem with the bots tbh. They bring negative but also positive effect:

Now when I find a Jah rune I don’t really care which is a shame but it’s also easier to get the expensive rune words myself for example.

I’m just asking if some1 that plays legit can actually win some duals or if they would always be outclassed. Hell, if that’s the case I can always start running bots myself lol

Gold: 8.20
May 10 2024 11:40pm
theyve tweeked mf and how items are generated etc , its easier to find gg items now (not that it is necessarily a bad thing, but its just different than d2lod days)

that being said, many lld builds use set or common unique items in certain slots that are easy to obtain. this cuts down on overall cost of an effective dueler.

at the end of the day, it parallels hld in alot of ways in terms of what u speak of, rich get top items. but doesnt mean u cant be competitive or even win duels.

as for what char to make, depends. i started with lvl 9 ts sin and 18 zealer pally, which are some of the OG lld builds.

lvl 30 sorc or hdin are pretty cheap to make a starter one and be effective.

bowa any lvl is fun

havent played much mld, but i did mf a gg druid circlet so plan on making a char around that.

May 11 2024 01:53am
Thanks, that helped!

Regarding the GG items, I agree. Also identifying rare items takes me back to the old classic days which is nice.

Any tips as to where to farm some equipment? Norm cows? Think I will try some lvl 30 build.

Lastly, is the community mostly active on nl or ladder?
Gold: 8.20
May 12 2024 03:26pm
lvl 18-30 - nm cow or nm andy meph etc pindle

lvl 9-18 - normal cow andy, tombs, meph diablo act 5 pindle shenk baal
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
Add Reply New Topic