d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Is There Some Lld Going On In Ladder?
Prev14567822Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 23 2021 10:52am
Quote (sails @ Jul 23 2021 11:51am)
nice! i'm building a 30 zealer. have a 9 ts sin and 18 bowa. hit me up!

meh, i'll catch you guys when the season ends. probably will get owned so let me be happy on ladder while it lasts

quite a few cheap chars on NL im sure u could buy just to hop into tvts, just sayin
Gold: 250.00
Jul 23 2021 11:07am
Quote (MADIrishGunner @ Jul 23 2021 10:51am)
as far as 9 sac goes, me and justin are the closest but i have 2 pieces that are better than his and he has 2 pieces that are better than mine. so neither of us are "perfect" really fucking close though, but at the same time 8-14's would be on a perfect level 9 of any type and jack is the only one who has those. other than cota saying that claymation has some loose ones but i find that hard to believe since they would be the only loose 8-14s in existence.

perfect for that build but its not the perfect zealer because a defiance zealer is superior and you dont have those pieces.

My zealer has smashed every defiance zealer he’s gone against

…. Hard to deal with the ar mine puts out
Gold: 225.00
Jul 23 2021 11:12am
Quote (sails @ Jul 23 2021 12:51pm)
nice! i'm building a 30 zealer. have a 9 ts sin and 18 bowa. hit me up!

meh, i'll catch you guys when the season ends. probably will get owned so let me be happy on ladder while it lasts

9 and 18 is more item based than skill based, its a skill friendly format for pvp, so if u get the right char i dont see you getting "owned".

now transitioning from being a top end 9-18 player, to being a top end 30 player is pretty hard on non ladder i wont lie, but if ur talking 9s and 18s ur gonna be having a hard time to find people to vs even on non ladder, ladder its gonna be even worse.

Quote (cota @ Jul 23 2021 01:07pm)
My zealer has smashed every defiance zealer he’s gone against

…. Hard to deal with the ar mine puts out

i wanna see you vs rpg's 18 barb, or some of the top end defiance zealers, because i just dont believe that. its a known fact that top of the top most powerful gear, defiance zealer is the superior char vs everything in comparison to the cookie cutter build. i have quite literally had the exact same char u have with a slightly worse helm, so you have all of 200 more atk rating if that, and i still got my ass plowed over by the top defiance zealers of that time period.

the problem is 18s is so dead so you are lulled into a false sense of security, i dont see a mostly unique item char as being "perfect" tho, guess thats just me? pretty sure its been the general consensus for years that defiance zeal> cookie cutter unique zeal.

urs is definitely the best cookie cutter zeal tho so id be curious to see, if that 200 more atk rating than all of the other best cookie cutters, would rly be the difference maker. like ive had the helm be the exact same minus that 30 base atk rating, i didnt have that. but i had the 120 from jewels along with viso mod, so i was very close to what ur at atk rating wise, i might have had 200 less. i lost to the gg defiance dins, maybe the gg ones just dont play anymore?

do you have an 18 defiance zealer?

This post was edited by MADIrishGunner on Jul 23 2021 11:18am
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 23 2021 11:18am
Quote (MADIrishGunner @ Jul 23 2021 12:12pm)
9 and 18 is more item based than skill based, its a skill friendly format for pvp, so if u get the right char i dont see you getting "owned".

now transitioning from being a top end 9-18 player, to being a top end 30 player is pretty hard on non ladder i wont lie, but if ur talking 9s and 18s ur gonna be having a hard time to find people to vs even on non ladder, ladder its gonna be even worse.

idk these days but for years lvl 18 charge/zeal pallys were by far the most made char.
Gold: 1.50
Jul 23 2021 11:38am
Quote (MADIrishGunner @ 23 Jul 2021 11:12)

i wanna see you vs rpg's 18 barb, or some of the top end defiance zealers, because i just dont believe that. its a known fact that top of the top most powerful gear, defiance zealer is the superior char vs everything in comparison to the cookie cutter build. i have quite literally had the exact same char u have with a slightly worse helm, so you have all of 200 more atk rating if that, and i still got my ass plowed over by the top defiance zealers of that time period.

the problem is 18s is so dead so you are lulled into a false sense of security, i dont see a mostly unique item char as being "perfect" tho, guess thats just me? pretty sure its been the general consensus for years that defiance zeal> cookie cutter unique zeal.

urs is definitely the best cookie cutter zeal tho so id be curious to see, if that 200 more atk rating than all of the other best cookie cutters, would rly be the difference maker. like ive had the helm be the exact same minus that 30 base atk rating, i didnt have that. but i had the 120 from jewels along with viso mod, so i was very close to what ur at atk rating wise, i might have had 200 less. i lost to the gg defiance dins, maybe the gg ones just dont play anymore?

^excellence do you have an 18 defiance zealer?

I was once playing Nap, Paul and Andy’s trophy defiance 18 zealer. Nap was rolling over everyone but I was quite surprised to lose consistently to two different pure offensive zealers. The hits were just too big, they only needed to get 2-3 swings through the defense to win 🤷‍♂️ I like defiance build better and I’d assume that it’s the more well-rounded build for vs all surely. Most any zeal duels are just going to be dice roll duels at the end of the day though I guess.
Jul 23 2021 11:43am
Quote (Belarathon @ Jul 23 2021 01:38pm)
I was once playing Nap, Paul and Andy’s trophy defiance 18 zealer. Nap was rolling over everyone but I was quite surprised to lose consistently to two different pure offensive zealers. The hits were just too big, they only needed to get 2-3 swings through the defense to win 🤷‍♂️ I like defiance build better and I’d assume that it’s the more well-rounded build for vs all surely. Most any zeal duels are just going to be dice roll duels at the end of the day though I guess.

yep. this has pretty much always been the general consensus, that overall in the melee scene defiance zealer was better than cookie cutter at 18.

i'm just curious because has an 18 cookie cutter zealer with atleast 30 more atk rating than any other cookie cutter 18 zeal has ever had, and im wondering if that truly is the difference maker, id love to see nap vs cota or even rpgs trophy 18 barb vs cotas cookie cutter, i just remember when i had almost the same char cota has, i got my ass rocketed more often than not vs the top end defiance zealers and the top end conc barbs, but the way 18 melee works that 30 atk rating might honestly make a huge difference so yeah i am curious, i wish more of the OG bad ass melee 18s were still around, thats why i always try to talk the 18 meleers from ladder to come to non ladder.
Gold: 1.50
Jul 23 2021 11:47am
Quote (MADIrishGunner @ 23 Jul 2021 11:43)
yep. this has pretty much always been the general consensus, that overall in the melee scene defiance zealer was better than cookie cutter at 18.

i'm just curious because ^cota has an 18 cookie cutter zealer with atleast 30 more atk rating than any other cookie cutter 18 zeal has ever had, and im wondering if that truly is the difference maker, id love to see nap vs cota or even rpgs trophy 18 barb vs cotas cookie cutter, i just remember when i had almost the same char cota has, i got my ass rocketed more often than not vs the top end defiance zealers and the top end conc barbs, but the way 18 melee works that 30 atk rating might honestly make a huge difference so yeah i am curious, i wish more of the OG bad ass melee 18s were still around, thats why i always try to talk the 18 meleers from ladder to come to non ladder.

Well what I was saying was that Nap lost to the two best pure offensive zealers despite being a trophy level defiance zealer
E/ I think some version of Nap still exists so it could be tried out sometime

This post was edited by Belarathon on Jul 23 2021 11:51am
Jul 23 2021 11:58am
Quote (Belarathon @ Jul 23 2021 01:47pm)
Well what I was saying was that Nap lost to the two best pure offensive zealers despite being a trophy level defiance zealer
E/ I think some version of Nap still exists so it could be tried out sometime

zeal vs zeal is a toss up though like you said. i am sure there were other times that he beat those two best pure offensive zealers. but overall in the melee scene, counting every char there is, not just the toss up matchup of zeal vs zeal, defiance build is superior without question. HOWEVER, cota has the literal best cookie cutter to ever exist, even if its only better by 30 atk rating, could that make the difference to push cookie cutter zeal to being the best overall? id be curious to see tbh because 30 atk rating can make a dif at 18.
Gold: 3,620.69
Jul 23 2021 12:07pm
10/10 would make lld vt
Gold: 250.00
Jul 23 2021 12:14pm
i mean my zealer has over 5k ar *can hit 7k* if i want to be pure melee

1k zeal with clegs

850 hp

so it would have to be an extremely beefy defiance zealer

it is a cookie cutter just rocking sigons helm >.<
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
Prev14567822Next