d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > 23rd Mld, 12th Lld 1v1 Tournaments > Eu Non Ladder
Prev12345620Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 59,407.94
Warn: 10%
Jan 3 2018 12:14pm
deleted em :)

i have some stuff going on in the background, limited access to d2 right now. The tournaments will both start tomorrow however and i will pm everyone (that has a clean mailbox) then.
2. and 3. are "for gods sake be reasonable x2."

This post was edited by ferdia on Jan 3 2018 01:02pm
Gold: 76.50
Jan 3 2018 12:30pm
Quote (ferdia @ Jan 3 2018 10:14am)
deleted em :)

i have some stuff going on in the background, limited access to d2 right now. The tournaments will both start tomorrow however and i will pm everyone (that has a clean mailbox) then.
2. and 3. are for gods same be reasonable x2.

you called sir?
Gold: 1,839.00
Jan 3 2018 01:47pm
Quote (ferdia @ 3 Jan 2018 18:08)
MLD, Nec vs Libby

For the record: I do not want to see a repeat of an argument which occured in a previous tournament, therefore i do not want to see:

1. Namelock Bonewalling vs Libby.

I am not making a rule of this in my profile, i simply want to pre-emt an argument. I would really appreciate it the non inclusion of this tactic does not need discussion.

are you referring to this?

Quote (LeeVolka @ 22 Aug 2010 20:29)
invis 5 - 0 me

gu and 3-0 due to bonewall namelocking (not a rule apparently)
t4ds

good old times :D

Jan 3 2018 02:23pm
Quote (rudipk @ Jan 3 2018 11:47am)
are you referring to this?

good old times :D

Hehe. I've never lost a ft5 on a nec vs a libby in a ft5 with using 2 bone walls per screen.
So it's about time the non-lock bone walls have come to a end. Whoever nl bone walls in this duel is seriously crap on a nec as it's not needed and seriously bm.

Noidea what happened in the last tour to get this stopped as I didn't participate but credit to them.
Jan 3 2018 02:49pm
for the record this comment applies @ lvl 30 as well.
Jan 4 2018 07:19am
calling invisible crap on nec is as close to blasphemy as you can get on diablo2 :D

i've never played libby, i don't know how much of an issue namelock bonewalls are compared to other walls - but i do know that hammerdin was not allowed to passive charge with meditation and vigor in any other league (or gm duel, whatever you want to call it) in europe.

i don't mind playing necro without using nl-bws, i agree that they are not essential and i also previously stated that i think necro can play with 2 walls instead of 3.

if we start 'not wanting to see' certain things in certain match-ups, i would argue that there are other issues far more pressing than this. i mentioned them numerous times before: shadow vs sorc/druid, unlimited pets vs ama/nec, lf/lb vs trap (and barb/melee druid), es on blizz/fw vs nec.
in my opinion it's reasonable not to use these, but opinions differ. that is why we have rules.

there are already a number of match-up specific rules (like for example 0%dr vs barb/melee druid on ama & libby) so why don't we include others that are requested?
either we don't want rules for any matchups, or include all necessary (inlcuding the nlbw for all i care).

half measures like 'i don't want to see' i'm not a fan of - either take a stand or don't.

This post was edited by rudipk on Jan 4 2018 07:21am
Jan 4 2018 07:28am
Quote (rudipk @ Jan 4 2018 05:19am)
calling invisible crap on nec is as close to blasphemy as you can get on diablo2 :D

i've never played libby, i don't know how much of an issue namelock bonewalls are compared to other walls - but i do know that hammerdin was not allowed to passive charge with meditation and vigor in any other league (or gm duel, whatever you want to call it) in europe.

i don't mind playing necro without using nl-bws, i agree that they are not essential and i also previously stated that i think necro can play with 2 walls instead of 3.

if we start 'not wanting to see' certain things in certain match-ups, i would argue that there are other issues far more pressing than this. i mentioned them numerous times before: shadow vs sorc/druid, unlimited pets vs ama/nec, lf/lb vs trap (and barb/melee druid), es on blizz/fw vs nec.
in my opinion it's reasonable not to use these, but opinions differ. that is why we have rules.

there are already a number of match-up specific rules (like for example 0%dr vs barb/melee druid on ama & libby) so why don't we include others that are requested?
either we don't want rules for any matchups, or include all necessary (inlcuding the nlbw for all i care).

half measures like 'i don't want to see' i'm not a fan of - either take a stand or don't.

Not allowing vigor or medi on charge and no tele = no such thing as a libby. You don't have to tell me you haven't played a libby before, I can work that out from that sentence alone :lol:

Inis is a good nec player but what I mean is, he is that good he shouldnt have used nl bw, this is pretty much like bone prison. The libby is a sitting duck.

Yes I agree with your arguement and examples. Going back onto this libby/nec. Have you ever been in a pub using a bowie vs a nec and the nec uses Dec curse and bone prison? This nl bw thing is worse :wallbash: but I feel like that is a good example. Because one you charge a bone wall, you are in slow motion and trapped without tele.

I must admit though I completely agree with alexs last statement regarding half measures. The argument for that would be, who has the knowledge and time at this stage in the game to compile all these rules.

Jan 4 2018 07:50am
Quote (chum @ 4 Jan 2018 14:28)
who has the knowledge and time at this stage in the game to compile all these rules.

are there any suggestions you disagree with or other rules you think would be necessary?
the only other thing i can think of right now is no tele on druid vs barb/melee druid (as twinsen suggested in last tour)

Jan 4 2018 08:24am
Quote (rudipk @ Jan 4 2018 05:50am)
are there any suggestions you disagree with or other rules you think would be necessary?
the only other thing i can think of right now is no tele on druid vs barb/melee druid (as twinsen suggested in last tour)

Don't think druids had many problems with when they didn't use tele as I think Jim used to show off. The only problems he had were vs bowie/sorc.
Jan 4 2018 02:01pm
The point here is that if your doing something that your opponent does not like, be reasonable and do something else. we are all at this a few years, and we have alot of tricks in the back pocket. just pull out another trick.

This post was edited by ferdia on Jan 4 2018 02:01pm
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
Prev12345620Next
Add Reply New Topic