d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Gobb's Guide To The Lvl30 Charger
Prev12345611Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.01
Oct 12 2009 06:02pm
Actually vs hammerdins; this is can go both ways. I've played pure hdins, pure chargers and libbys. Usually against hammerdins, I stay south and bust out insight and peace and peasants giving me really high critcal and I stay south of them and normally I don't have problems. I also keep a foh divine scepter just for fun and at times it comes in handy when I have to unsynch hammerdins. Just one of the main problems is when they charge away to regen but they also hammer while charging away to regen leading you into a trap. Besides that I wouldn't say any mediocore hammerdin can beat a charger.
Gold: 5,016.01
Oct 12 2009 06:05pm
Quote (wats_gud2 @ Mon, Oct 12 2009, 05:02pm)
Actually vs hammerdins; this is can go both ways. I've played pure hdins, pure chargers and libbys. Usually against hammerdins, I stay south and bust out insight and peace and peasants giving me really high critcal and I stay south of them and normally I don't have problems. I also keep a foh divine scepter just for fun and at times it comes in handy when I have to unsynch hammerdins. Just one of the main problems is when they charge away to regen but they also hammer while charging away to regen leading you into a trap. Besides that I wouldn't say any mediocore hammerdin can beat a charger.

Thank you. I think Perz needs to try east :p
Oct 12 2009 06:14pm
Quote (Ass_Hat @ Mon, Oct 12 2009, 04:36pm)
id agree.
A charger has a chance to kill anything, of course, but an offensive faggotdonk is easily one of its toughest duels.

Offensive hammerdins imo I think would be easier because they just constantly charge at you to hammer you and you can use that chance when their block drops to get in a hit and possibly a 1 hit. If the hammerdin is south of you and charges upwards to hammer you then yeah you will get hit but if its vice versa then the chances for a charger to beat a hammerdin goes up. If the hammerdin is 100% offensive that usually leads to mistakes which leads to death for the hammerdin. If the charger knows what they're doing and can predict and time the hammerdin's movements then it could possibly lead to a 1 hit if critical strike comes into play but then again if the hammerdin can use that to his advantage and fake his movements and lead the charger to a trap thats another thing to consider. Thats why I think this can go 50/50 depending.

This post was edited by wats_gud2 on Oct 12 2009 06:16pm
Gold: 492.47
Oct 12 2009 06:22pm
Quote (IAmAsylum @ Mon, Oct 12 2009, 06:08pm)
try vs nl bowa and you'd change mind

vouch vouch vouch
Gold: 825.65
Oct 12 2009 06:29pm
Quote (wats_gud2 @ Tue, Oct 13 2009, 12:14am)
Offensive hammerdins imo I think would be easier because they just constantly charge at you to hammer you and you can use that chance when their block drops to get in a hit and possibly a 1 hit. If the hammerdin is south of you and charges upwards to hammer you then yeah you will get hit but if its vice versa then the chances for a charger to beat a hammerdin goes up. If the hammerdin is 100% offensive that usually leads to mistakes which leads to death for the hammerdin. If the charger knows what they're doing and can predict and time the hammerdin's movements then it could possibly lead to a 1 hit if critical strike comes into play but then again if the hammerdin can use that to his advantage and fake his movements and lead the charger to a trap thats another thing to consider. Thats why I think this can go 50/50 depending.

a defensive hammerdin is one that effectively lets you pick yuor moment to strike..
Also, when i say offensive, i dont neccessarily mean always trying to charge in front and lay hammers.
Gold: 117.00
Oct 12 2009 10:19pm
vs ww, nado is where i struggle the most, and against necs that actually know what they are doing (which i have only seen maybe 2 on east lad, rest are clueless and just spam bone spirit)

also, bowas that use light fury can be hard too if they know how to duel and have decent javas (again, only a few on east lad that play bowas well). this is definitly not an easy duel inless u get that lucky crit strike or u get some good hits in.

Also, on the hammerdin comment, most are easy because hdins are the number one choice for newb llders. Anyone that actually knows how to play an hdin effectively will make it a much harder duel. And I cannot stand the number of hdins on east that stack their belts full of mana pots and just drown them like sailors synching all over blood moor.

For a lot of duels on my charger i feel like a lot of it is luck. I either get 2-3 hits in and win, or they block everything and I cant seem to land a single hit. A lot of times its frustrating cause u will win one duel on the first hit, and the next duel u will charge them 20 times and not land a hit.
Oct 12 2009 10:42pm
Quote (HellsArmory @ Mon, Oct 12 2009, 09:19pm)
vs ww, nado is where i struggle the most, and against necs that actually know what they are doing (which i have only seen maybe 2 on east lad, rest are clueless and just spam bone spirit)

also, bowas that use light fury can be hard too if they know how to duel and have decent javas (again, only a few on east lad that play bowas well). this is definitly not an easy duel inless u get that lucky crit strike or u get some good hits in.

Also, on the hammerdin comment, most are easy because hdins are the number one choice for newb llders. Anyone that actually knows how to play an hdin effectively will make it a much harder duel. And I cannot stand the number of hdins on east that stack their belts full of mana pots and just drown them like sailors synching all over blood moor.

For a lot of duels on my charger i feel like a lot of it is luck. I either get 2-3 hits in and win, or they block everything and I cant seem to land a single hit. A lot of times its frustrating cause u will win one duel on the first hit, and the next duel u will charge them 20 times and not land a hit.

I agrree, most pub necs are quite bad atm, however some (like MikeyJd's) can be a very hard duel. Luckily there havent been too many hdins lately on east lad, most i've faced weren't very good.

I also agree with your bowa comment, both Andy's bowas are definetly not easy.

Gold: 0.00
Oct 12 2009 11:01pm
Vs Necro’s – Use insight and 80life armor. This can be a tough duel as well placed couple bone walls leave you with only one angle to charge in from. If the necro is bm and he completely walls himself prisons you then you’re screwed. Stay constantly on the move and if you are being trailed by bone spirits you have the ability to outrun them. Try to hit and charge quickly away, hope for a good crit. I’d probably say this is tied with whirlwind for hardest matchup as they also have bone armor on there side.

Some necros (like me) will wall you in close to them, and use a pool or other game land block to keep you caged in, with your only way out it to go though them... then your at their mercy, as you have to charge though his spears or sprits to hit him or get away... necro wins doing this every time.

By the way, why did you not put the ww barb as the hardest duel to win... for me it aways was, as they ww the second they see you start to charge.

over all your build is a nice, and you dueling tips are worth the read. 7 give or take 1 out of 10.

Oh I would use a eth bone snap on switch, but that is only becouse I love max damage, and I think a insight charger, has been done to death.
Oct 12 2009 11:04pm
A tele staff wouldnt hurt for giggles on switch and if needed to get out of bone prisons
Oct 12 2009 11:05pm
Quote (WarlocksDad @ Mon, Oct 12 2009, 10:01pm)
Vs Necro’s – Use insight and 80life armor. This can be a tough duel as well placed couple bone walls leave you with only one angle to charge in from. If the necro is bm and he completely walls himself prisons you then you’re screwed. Stay constantly on the move and if you are being trailed by bone spirits you have the ability to outrun them. Try to hit and charge quickly away, hope for a good crit. I’d probably say this is tied with whirlwind for hardest matchup as they also have bone armor on there side.

Some necros (like me) will wall you in close to them, and use a pool or other game land block to keep you caged in, with your only way out it to go though them... then your at their mercy, as you have to charge though his spears or sprits to hit him or get away... necro wins doing this every time.

By the way, why did you not put the ww barb as the hardest duel to win... for me it aways was, as they ww the second they see you start to charge.

over all your build is a nice, and you dueling tips are worth the read. 7 give or take 1 out of 10.

Oh I would use a eth bone snap on switch, but that is only becouse I love max damage, and I think a insight charger, has been done to death.

I mentioned bsnap, and in some conditions use them. If I could get a bigger many pool bsnap would be more viable, but I dont use mana pots and obviously charge is quite mana intensive.

I did note ww was one of the hardest duels.
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
Prev12345611Next
Add Reply New Topic