d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Lvl 30 "vanquisher" Guide > Hammer/smite Lldankness
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 565.30
Apr 28 2012 11:22pm
Quote (Cadagan @ Apr 28 2012 06:28pm)
Vanquishers at 30 are dumb and just utterly crap.

Only useful for hammers
less life and mana than a hdin
less damage than a hdin
less rep than a hdin
probably less synch due to less vigor
Smite does absolutely no damage

Why the hell would you smite for 200 reduceable damage when you can deal 1.6k+ magic damage.

Barb:
Only use hammers
Necro:
Try smiting a necro
Sorc:
Try smiting a sorc
Zon:
Zon walks 1 step away, your smite misses. In the process, while running up to try and smite, you are "running" and therefore lowering your block. Charge (libby) much much much more effective.
Plaguer:
LOL
CSer:
Smite a cser, I dare you. I DARE YOU TO SMITE MY CSER
Trapsin:
just lol
V/T:
trashes your smite, pokes you with foh+conv
Hdin:
weak hdin with bad smite vs good hdin
Libby:
Hdin vs Hdin, except when you are charging he can hit you for thousands of damage with charge

Appreciate your post but nn the negative vibes. My Smite isnt crap... I'd duel to prove the char's smite isnt crap. Yes smite may be hard to land on characters like zons and whatnot but that's what we have sync for. If everyone wanted to play with Pure dins... they'd play with pure dins. This is a build with options, and winning with it is a rewarding experience. Anybody can win with a pure din..anybody can with with a fb sorc... anybody can fire GA from a zon... When you win with a vanq... the Hdins cry.... the zons cry... the trappers cry. That's the point. If everybody is just gonna bash the build because they have trouble using a 1200-1600 hammer dmg din with a strong smite switch then that's their problem. I have a pure din... tis easy to use. It isn't as fun to use either. If you can't land smites with this build I'd advise the dueler to brush up on their desync. Vanquisher builds work at lvl 18 and high levels...

Bottom line. This build trashes V/T... I'll duel any V/T Libby Hammerdin Mage... any Pally Hyb with this build and I love the tears from the 125fcr dins.
Foh does about 15 dmg per attack against my build lol and with 20-45 life rep available depending on gear selection this build has every bit of life/rep potential that a Pure Hammerdin has so I don't know that comparison was drawn. My character has 35 life rep WITHOUT Pskulls in anything or Blood Boots.

Look at the character before anybody else draws these ridiculous comparisons to other pally builds. A pure din is overpowered which, I thought, would promote hyb builds or at least the construction of a character that ISN'T so easy to play with. A libby is also an easy build to play with.... try on something different. FoH is worthless to any character with 20+ life rep and sufficient light res so a V/T vs this char is like a pure smiter vs a pure din.... it's a slam session.

This post was edited by SackShadow on Apr 28 2012 11:23pm
Gold: 72.00
Apr 29 2012 02:26am
the smite damage seems pretty low on the character screen, but I see you recommend an open wounds belt and goblin toes. with the two procs available, does smite end up being significant in duels? I know a lot of things that look bad on paper can end up being quite strong (and vice versa). I have several tactics that I use on trappers that sound really stupid that I'm just like "believe me it's good" lol

as a site note, I think most of the criticism comes from the fact that hammer beats basically everything smite would anyways, so having both is kind of redundant. that said, I'm disappointed in how much walk-in-shit-on-thread-then-leave has gone on here. there's really nothing wrong with making a character because you wanted to make it and it sounded like fun
Gold: 183.00
Apr 29 2012 04:57am
very well said, and xactly what I was thinking

there is so much apathy around here about LLd and d2. dying

and someone comes up with a thought-out build and takes his time to post it

and gets trashed, c'mon man
Gold: 4,769.00
Apr 29 2012 06:05am
HGH1 :)
Gold: 270.69
Apr 29 2012 12:53pm
Quote (justfun_lld @ Apr 29 2012 05:57am)
very well said, and xactly what I was thinking

there is so much apathy around here about LLd and d2. dying

and someone comes up with a thought-out build and takes his time to post it

and gets trashed,  c'mon man

I'm not trashing the guide, it's well put together. I'm saying the character is bad, there is no reason to ever smite when you can just hammer for 8x more damage. It has less life, mana, regen (both life and mana), damage reduction, and charge damage than a pure hdin. Compare this build to Turnip and you'll understand.

This post was edited by Cadagan on Apr 29 2012 12:55pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 29 2012 09:02pm
Sackshadow, stick to llding in hell brah. Ur crap is shit.
Gold: 565.30
Apr 29 2012 11:01pm
Quote (TheBadLuitenant @ Apr 29 2012 10:02pm)
Sackshadow, stick to llding in hell brah. Ur crap is shit.

My crap is shit. Do you have something other than shit coming out of your ass?
Gold: 183.00
Apr 30 2012 12:32am
Quote (Cadagan @ Apr 29 2012 01:53pm)
I'm not trashing the guide, it's well put together. I'm saying the character is bad, there is no reason to ever smite when you can just hammer for 8x more damage. It has less life, mana, regen (both life and mana), damage reduction, and charge damage than a pure hdin. Compare this build to Turnip and you'll understand.

I know it's less than a hdin, but by that reasoning we should all just be dueling hdins, I know that's not what you

mean just don't be so scientific all the time.. :P
Gold: 2,395.03
May 26 2012 11:04am
lol this got stickied
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
May 26 2012 11:31am
crap char @ lvl 30
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic