d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Guild Chat & Recruiting > The Dark Tavern > Guild Chat Thread
Prev1494495496497498554Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 113.56
Feb 1 2010 02:38pm
Quote (Grimdayz @ Feb 1 2010 03:36pm)
Bumping... havnt really heard anything back from anyone on this at all... so yea um please dont let my hard work go unnoticed.. ive seen a decline in activity recently just gona point it out :P

I'll prolly get in on this.
Gold: 440.00
Feb 1 2010 02:46pm
Quote (CoffeeMasterX @ Feb 1 2010 03:38pm)
I'll prolly get in on this.

Im in, gettin Tals ready ;)
:cheers:

Please see Shane's upcoming DTSvS Duel Ladder!!! :bouncy:

The Dark Tavern Overview:
The Dark Tavern is a place where virtual friends find a good time and relax while playing Diablo II or just surfing on D2jsp. The Dark Tavern strives to provide a mature, supportive and friendly environment that is fun for everyone.

Owners:
- Yazz/Yazz
- Dark/Darc

Bar Managers:
- Neoblack/Joe
- Ashikaga/Jake

Head Bartender:
- Coolychilly/Ken
- CoffeemasterX/Seth

Cooler:
- Lilmule/Enzo

Bartenders:
- Jatt/Jason
- Promethuus/Joe
- ?..

Bar Collective:
- Grimdayz/Shane

Bouncers:
- FIREjdg/Jesse
- Ratified/Troy
- ?..

Doorman:
- Zoommo/Zoom
- ?..

Music Man/DJ:
- VoGG/Mick or V

Patrons:
- Matt/WdotEdot
- Permafk/Vain
- Kirbstomp/Kirb
- Darkkbl/John
- Vampirous/Twiz
- ?..

Valet:
- Master Razor/Levi
- ?..

*Staff updated :cheers:
pm me for any corrections...
Person(s) under review will have **listed next to their names (this is not a bad thing) **listed next to their names (this is not a bad thing)

Honored guests:
Tony/VoRo
Devon/Riki
Kahnhuska/Kahn
^_^

This post was edited by Darkken on Feb 1 2010 02:50pm
Gold: 559.34
Feb 1 2010 02:54pm
Quote (Grimdayz @ Jan 31 2010 03:31am)
Tals Sorc event update-

These rules are not set in stone these are my ideas so people dont think im not doing anything.

Es+Vita:
You will be allowed to pre-bo,es.
Duels will be GM
NO BUGGED ITEMS, Btals, B-manas, anyhting bugged is not allowed(subject to questioning ive tested max manas and such with tals i know averages)

ES Rules:
ES may ONLY BE LVL 1(base lvl 0 or 1 only).
You MAY pre-buff es using memory(NO other gear\charms swapping).
No use of sorb with ES (pre-buffed or not).

Vita Rules:
You may use 1 item of sorb.

THE NO'S SECTION:

- No use of Life tap.
- NO HACKS THAT IMPROVE PVP ABILTIES ARE ALLOWED.
- No more than the Life Replenish from tals is allowed on any character.
- Items which contain spell charges are allowed, but the use of the charges is not.
- No mercenaries are allowed.
- No two pieces of Sorb or Max Resistance of the same Element.
- No Naked killing.
- No Money Takers.
- No 70+ resist Shields.
- No Health pot's.

THE YES'S SECTION.

- Items that Grant Aura (Except Hf vs Ias).
- IF VITA Only one item that grants an elemental absorb type is allowed.
- No Cap on R/w, IAS, FHR, FCR, FBR or any other of these passive type stats..
- There is no restrictions on in-game techniques(Spaming, Sitting under blizz, tele running, etc)*

MISC SECTION:

- One Person says "Go" from each team to begin dueling.
- Leaving the Dueling Arena(blood moor) during a duel is considered a loss NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No casting of missiles before both players say go.
- No use of houses.
- No stacking mana potion's.
- No Shrines
These are tougher to call expecting fairness here...
- No Disappearing off your Opponents Map for more then 10 Seconds = Auto Loss.
- No overly defensive play (100% teleport off screen as soon as you're on their mini map).
- No avoiding contact with an opponent intentionally with no plans of attacking.

Dueling will be conducted as follows. . .

Both people join game with tals sorc. Both will s/s with time and game name up. they will also s/s with time date stash and inventory. THIS MUST BE DONE.
If theres any later discrepencies, these S/S will proove ur legitness. IE: no pre-buff charms, or sorb gear ect.

Moor is cleared. <mercs or w/e used here dont matter, tals sorces must be ending in game with clear moor, once both sorces are in THEN s/s taken>

Step out of town.

Players will stand even to eachother and enterance 1 screen apart.

Players will then say go(not above head in main screen).. the 2 people will decide who says go first(this person will always say go first), he needs to assume hes ready to duel, the second person will then say go and duel will start. (if the second person towns, delays more then 10 seconds or casts anything the Go(duel) is nulled)

Duels(sets) will go FT5 Must win by 2, Thus if oppent has 4 you need 6 if they get to 5 you need 7 and so on.
Best of 3 duels(Set's)

DQ's:

If you leave Blood Moor during duel. --> either into town, into Cold Plains, Den of Evil, anywheres not Blood Moor.. all are DQ's
If you Pre-Buff ES with gear or charms, other then memory.
Any form of BM will be DQ'd
Any form of "Paying off admins" of this ladder will get you thrown from the ladder.
Ladder spots are EARNED! thus if you sell your char, you do not sell the chars spot on ladder.

[B]
Ranking and moving up the ladder:
[/B]
Single movment ladder <You must beat the person above you to move up>
72 hour Dodge rule. THIS IS FIRM. Once this time has passed without a match whoever dodges will be bumped.
If you lose you may not re-challange for 24 hours.

When challanging you must PM player(keep a copy in the sent folder), also post in ladder. BOTH players should post in ladder and attempt to set a time to duel.

Ok im fucking tired now... im stoping for now but lmk whatcha guys thing... i havnt forgoten about it.

Iso more opinoins advice ideas? This is going to be a work in progress and im still debating doing pure vita sorces only.. BUT so many want es i just dont know..

Gold: 0.00
Feb 1 2010 03:08pm

Hey Shane,

I have a few changes you might wanna consider,

I'll post em/Pm you in a sec.

^_^

On a second note,

Hey Darc,

Have you seen Yazz lately?

We've been trying to discuses that Guild PvP Tourney forever,

We must be on different hours or something.

:unsure:

Feb 1 2010 03:16pm
Quote (WdotEdot @ Feb 1 2010 05:08pm)
Hey Shane,

I have a few changes you might wanna consider,

I'll post em/Pm you in a sec.

^_^

On a second note,

Hey Darc,

Have you seen Yazz lately?

We've been trying to discuses that Guild PvP Tourney forever,

We must be on different hours or something.

:unsure:

K ty, ash is also talking some things out with me.. and im seeing how somthing things may not be supper clear.. it was 2 AM and i was high and tiered when i typed that up from my notes.
Feb 1 2010 03:39pm

I appologize if you find my viewpoints in disagreement with yours.

First off, I disagree with the ability to be able to prebuff es.

This is such a bm move, why should you be able to run back to your stash for anything? No other ladder does this,

it gives a probable chance for Bming. For example, it is really easy to switch a 3+ light circ/ammy along with a +9 es staff and no one would know! (Yes your Tal's aura would disappear, yet it could be said your on your "weapon switch.")

Additionally, to allow this, it is still at a disadvantage to vita sorcs (even though Es sorcs can't use sorb.) (If this is allowed, Vita sorcs should be able to prebuff Battle Orders, should they not?)

I think it would be perfectly GM to allow sorcs any number of points in Es/telk.

If they want to lower their dammage for a little more life/mana/tankage, that's their choice. Tal's sorcs already have a significant lower amount of damage, so it's their decision to make such a call.

Every other Sorc vs Sorc ladder allows functional ES, and therefore I think it should be granted so.

And, as always, the GM rule that mana pots may be used if es% is under 80%.

Second off, Something to add to the NO's section. Its pretty straight forward.

- Refusal to gmod test, refusal to show inventory/weapon swap, will result in a ban
- 85% resistance cap may not use 85%resis + sorb
- Using +maximum resistance + a piece of absorb is banned.
- No Hotspurs
- Waterwalks only counts as a 80% res cap, and therefore can be used with another piece of fire sorb.
- 100%+ resistance shields are your 1 piece of sorb/max res (I think it should be 100+, not 70+.)

I reason I think it should be 100, is that, If your not going to use a 35% spirit mono for the 105 bp,

The designated sorc should be able to have a higher GM shield of choice other than a Sanctuary at 70% res.

Sounds more fair if your gonna be out of 1 frame of fcr. (63 fcr vs. 105 fcr bps)

Last,

Each dueling sorceress should start on opposite side of blood moor and not be on each other mini map. Then start the duel by saying "go."

If players start right next to each other, one could easily blizz the second one and run off, and/or use unsummon to namelock and therefore have an upper advantage.

Another example involves telk, a sorc could telk the other and have the upper hand right away.

This is just unfair and could result in "cheap" kills.

I think these are my only diagreements atm.

More right come, but I just want to help try and prevent any Bming. "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong" - Murphy's law

Hope this helps, let me know if you'd like to further discuss things.

And, If you'd still like my help with this, I'd be welcome to.

^_^

Feb 1 2010 03:49pm
Quote (WdotEdot @ Feb 1 2010 05:39pm)
I appologize if you find my viewpoints in disagreement with yours.

First off, I disagree with the ability to be able to prebuff es.

This is such a bm move, why should you be able to run back to your stash for anything? No other ladder does this,

it gives a probable chance for Bming. For example, it is really easy to switch a 3+ light circ/ammy along with a +9 es staff and no one would know! (Yes your Tal's aura would disappear, yet it could be said your on your "weapon switch.")

Additionally, to allow this, it is still at a disadvantage to vita sorcs (even though Es sorcs can't use sorb.) (If this is allowed, Vita sorcs should be able to prebuff Battle Orders, should they not?)

I think it would be perfectly GM to allow sorcs any number of points in Es/telk.

If they want to lower their dammage for a little more life/mana/tankage, that's their choice. Tal's sorcs already have a significant lower amount of damage, so it's their decision to make such a call.

Every other Sorc vs Sorc ladder allows functional ES, and therefore I think it should be granted so.

And, as always, the GM rule that mana pots may be used if es% is under 80%.

Second off, Something to add to the NO's section. Its pretty straight forward.

- Refusal to gmod test, refusal to show inventory/weapon swap, will result in a ban
- 85% resistance cap may not use 85%resis + sorb
- Using +maximum resistance + a piece of absorb is banned.
- No Hotspurs
- Waterwalks only counts as a 80% res cap, and therefore can be used with another piece of fire sorb.
- 100%+ resistance shields are your 1 piece of sorb/max res (I think it should be 100+, not 70+.)

I reason I think it should be 100, is that, If your not going to use a 35% spirit mono for the 105 bp,

The designated sorc should be able to have a higher GM shield of choice other than a Sanctuary at 70% res.

Sounds more fair if your gonna be out of 1 frame of fcr. (63 fcr vs. 105 fcr bps)

Last,

Each dueling sorceress should start on opposite side of blood moor and not be on each other mini map. Then start the duel by saying "go."

If players start right next to each other, one could easily blizz the second one and run off, and/or use unsummon to namelock and therefore have an upper advantage.

Another example involves telk, a sorc could telk the other and have the upper hand right away.

This is just unfair and could result in "cheap" kills.

I think these are my only diagreements atm.

More right come, but I just want to help try and prevent any Bming. "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong" - Murphy's law

Hope this helps, let me know if you'd like to further discuss things.

And, If you'd still like my help with this, I'd be welcome to.

^_^

all good points matt and ofc idc if u state ur opinoins... to touch on the first part.. the s/s are the reason to prevent the BM.. it would be the only way.. ive been doing some testing and vita+1 item of sorb= a lvl 1 or 2 es but soon as es gets over 80%-65% it start to get unfair.. ES i see winning every time.

the more i look at it the more it looks like ES may just have to be removed and using standard sorc rules... :(

Ok second part, the shields... theres still mant options open for shield with the 70+ cap... and really with tals set ur already gona be over the amount even with the other tals -%'s. 70 cap is to allow sanc, other then sacn i dont know many shield that have over 70 res so the only shields i think im limiting are stacked res shields.. lmk what shields im forgeting here..

on the rules u posted yea i was gona get them around a little better. i like those ones for sure.

and i really like the opisite sides of moor thing.. i guess i meant to say not on eachother screens heance the (go) on screen.. but yea opistite sides sounds gfg..

ANOTHER NOTE!!! lmao to see what tals can produce...

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=39426746&f=53

Feb 1 2010 04:21pm
Quote (Grimdayz @ Feb 1 2010 06:19pm)
all good points matt and ofc idc if u state ur opinoins... to touch on the first part.. the s/s are the reason to prevent the BM.. it would be the only way.. ive been doing some testing and vita+1 item of sorb= a lvl 1 or 2 es but soon as es gets over 80%-65% it start to get unfair.. ES i see winning every time.

the more i look at it the more it looks like ES may just have to be removed and using standard sorc rules... :(

Ok second part, the shields... theres still mant options open for shield with the 70+ cap... and really with tals set ur already gona be over the amount even with the other tals -%'s. 70 cap is to allow sanc, other then sacn i dont know many shield that have over 70 res so the only shields i think im limiting are stacked res shields.. lmk what shields im forgeting here..

on the rules u posted yea i was gona get them around a little better. i like those ones for sure.

and i really like the opisite sides of moor thing.. i guess i meant to say not on eachother screens heance the (go) on screen.. but yea opistite sides sounds gfg..

ANOTHER NOTE!!! lmao  to see what tals can produce...

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=39426746&f=53

Hah, Nice sorc. :)

I do see where your coming from about the ES.

It is quite a "sticky wicket." In my case, I can't take screen shots with diablo II open.

I have to be in window mode, and I don't duel in window mode. :unsure:

Secondly, about the shields.

Someone may want to place jewels in a 4 socketed mono for dueling against a certain element.

For example, a couple raven scrabs and such in a JMOM, keeping the cold res below 100%, it could be gm?

Gold: 440.00
Feb 1 2010 04:22pm
:D Sweet!
Gold: 26,229.00
Feb 1 2010 04:26pm
:hello: barflies
Go Back To Guild Chat & Recruiting Topic List
Prev1494495496497498554Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll