d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Guild Chat & Recruiting > Furries Guild Chat & Recruiting > :3
Prev145464748491487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Dec 27 2008 02:23am
Quote (darkstar6 @ Sat, Dec 27 2008, 02:23am)
tongue.gif well get to bed

Couldn't sleep :\
Gold: 15,575.33
Dec 27 2008 02:27am
Quote (Ectasy @ Sat, Dec 27 2008, 03:23am)
Couldn't sleep :\

You know what the best solution to that is?
Paw off.
Dec 27 2008 02:28am
Quote (darkstar6 @ Sat, Dec 27 2008, 02:27am)
You know what the best solution to that is?
Paw off.

rofl, it took me a second to get that.
i may have to do that, excuse me.
Gold: 40.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 27 2008 02:31am
Quote (darkstar6 @ Sat, Dec 27 2008, 03:10am)
2 Members: darkstar6, Loner181

May I help you?

Not really just had my son ask me to review what he had been saying and the responses that were made. I would not ever want to spam another guilds chat or consider creating any grief among you people. I have to say there is a lot more to the story then has been told here. I have a job to do as a father and that is the job that I take seriously. Truth be told about the whole situation about my son and his dealings with folks on the net, lies told to people and myself, and a lot more. I finally had to put my foot down about things. He is young not only in age but, in life itself and when something like this is in such control that it cause him to be depressed by it, like life itself is over then there is a problem.

I have seen a lot in my life, even though I am 40, I myself have probably lived a lifetime of experiences that most will never see or at least I would hope they would never have to see. I have no problem with my son and what he wants to do when he is able to control himself and not get sucked in by others out of curiosity. He has been involved with some folks that are well over the legal age that could be punished by law and then once punished and in prisoned life for them would be over and they were not even aware because they were not told the truth. This is the type stuff that people should not have to deal with. I say to each his own and people can do what they want but, hate to see others in trouble for something they really have had no reason for being in trouble for. So, yes I asked him to stop to put his mind back in the books as he was once a straight A student with a lot of promise as of late he has slipped due to the want and need for more of this and he tries to sneak and lie to get it. This is costing him and I just hope that others that are his true friends understand and push him in the right direction.

Again sorry to have gone on this far but, you did ask.
Dec 27 2008 02:31am
Quote (Ectasy @ Sat, Dec 27 2008, 03:28am)
rofl, it took me a second to get that.
i may have to do that, excuse me.

Have fun.

Quote (Loner181 @ Sat, Dec 27 2008, 03:31am)
Not really just had my son ask me to review what he had been saying and the responses that were made. I would not ever want to spam another guilds chat or consider creating any grief among you people. I have to say there is a lot more to the story then has been told here. I have a job to do as a father and that is the job that I take seriously. Truth be told about the whole situation about my son and his dealings with folks on the net, lies told to people and myself, and a lot more. I finally had to put my foot down about things. He is young not only in age but, in life itself and when something like this is in such control that it cause him to be depressed by it, like life itself is over then there is a problem.

I have seen a lot in my life, even though I am 40, I myself have probably lived a lifetime of experiences that most will never see or at least I would hope they would never have to see. I have no problem with my son and what he wants to do when he is able to control himself and not get sucked in by others out of curiosity. He has been involved with some folks that are well over the legal age that could be punished by law and then once punished and in prisoned life for them would be over and they were not even aware because they were not told the truth. This is the type stuff that people should not have to deal with. I say to each his own and people can do what they want but, hate to see others in trouble for something they really have had no reason for being in trouble for. So, yes I asked him to stop to put his mind back in the books as he was once a straight A student with a lot of promise as of late he has slipped due to the want and need for more of this and he tries to sneak and lie to get it. This is costing him and I just hope that others that are his true friends understand and push him in the right direction.

Directed at the comment about his age and his dealings with those older than him, I will say this, it is the internet, people arent going to be arrested for "yiffing" some kid over the internet, he is just having some fun as a horny little teenager, im sure you remember what you were like at his age with out of control hormones driving you.

As for the issue of the fandom taking priority over other things in life, it is your choice how you raise your son, the fandom was originally "created" as any other fandom was, for an intrest for people in their spare time, being able to prioratise in life is of course very important, often something you will not learn until you have already passed the stage where it is damaging. Let him make his own mistakes, but you of course need to step in when it is starting to become out of control. You may discipline your son however you like and if chose to not allow him to be a part of the fandom then he will have to deal with that, albeit it is likely he wil resent you for it.

This post was edited by darkstar6 on Dec 27 2008 02:42am
Gold: 1,917.00
Dec 27 2008 03:17am
Quote (Loner181 @ Sat, Dec 27 2008, 03:31am)

So then it seems he needs to find an equilibrium then, being able to keep up Straight A's as a side-course of enjoying the fandom.

The furry fandom should not Tax or bring any burdons upon him at all, it's for pure entertainment. And just like video games or anything else extra curricular. It needs to be done in Moderator for those who are not...
used to? Perhaps, or can't control themselves very well yet.

Quote (darkstar6 @ Sat, Dec 27 2008, 03:31am)
Directed at the comment about his age and his dealings with those older than him, I will say this, it is the internet, people arent going to be arrested for "yiffing" some kid over the internet, he is just having some fun as a horny little teenager, im sure you remember what you were like at his age with out of control hormones driving you.

As for the issue of the fandom taking priority over other things in life, it is your choice how you raise your son, the fandom was originally "created" as any other fandom was, for an intrest for people in their spare time, being able to prioratise in life is of course very important, often something you will not learn until you have already passed the stage where it is damaging. Let him make his own mistakes, but you of course need to step in when it is starting to become out of control. You may discipline your son however you like and if chose to not allow him to be a part of the fandom then he will have to deal with that, albeit it is likely he wil resent you for it.

Yeah, internet "Yiffing" goes both ways as there is is a mutual instigation from both parties. It's all just fun and games, most furries never meet face to face, the furry fandom is basically in essence a collaberation of Anthro art or Stories written by people who had interests in it. It's just like how I enjoyed paintballing, everything paintball interests me.

And ...wikipedia explains furries fairly well. If you want to learn, and be educated here.

Check this out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom

And if you want the Song Version.

Kurrel the Raven did a little rap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrg9KhJbl0w

This post was edited by Pk_Dibbun on Dec 27 2008 03:21am
Dec 27 2008 04:16am
Quote (Pk_Dibbun @ Sat, Dec 27 2008, 04:17am)
Yeah, internet "Yiffing" goes both ways as there is is a mutual instigation from both parties. It's all just fun and games, most furries never meet face to face, the furry fandom is basically in essence a collaberation of Anthro art or Stories written by people who had interests in it. It's just like how I enjoyed paintballing, everything paintball interests me.

And ...wikipedia explains furries fairly well. If you want to learn, and be educated here.

Check this out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom

And if you want the Song Version.

Kurrel the Raven did a little rap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrg9KhJbl0w

Heh, I remember listening to that rap a while ago, was gud.
Gold: 4.00
Dec 27 2008 05:09am
Quote (Loner181 @ Sat, Dec 27 2008, 06:31pm)

It's nice that you are protective, but seriously....a step back needs to be taken. Play the watchful father, but at the same time, don't deny kids their fun. The more grip you have on someone, the more likely they are to rebel, and you will regret it. What we do is all fun and games. Sure we have a few bitch sessions now and then *note the pun tongue.gif but nothing ever gets serious to the point of harming anyone. Sure life, education, etc is important, but so is having fun. 'Plant the seeds and watch them grow...don't try to force them'. If he is putting furry fandom ahead of things that should be a priority, then there's a problem. But if he's just enjoying it in his spare time...that's fine smile.gif Being a furry isn't about living your life in character, it's just another realm, where a person can escape from reality and share their talents and socialize with likeminded people.

Oh and Suzy...I turn 19 on the 10th Jan tongue.gif

This post was edited by SheWolf on Dec 27 2008 05:11am
Dec 27 2008 05:17am
Errg, not alot of people are awake.
Hi SheWolf smile.gif
Dec 27 2008 05:32am
Quote (Ectasy @ Sat, Dec 27 2008, 06:17am)
Errg, not alot of people are awake.
Hi SheWolf smile.gif

Im still awake.. wink.gif
Go Back To Guild Chat & Recruiting Topic List
Prev145464748491487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll