d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Guild Chat & Recruiting > The Militia > The Ultimate Melee Guild
Prev11718192021307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Nov 11 2009 03:28pm
Quote (Conc @ Nov 11 2009 06:08am)
The guild tourney needs to be a setb tourney. Just my opinion.

setb? meaning...?
Nov 11 2009 03:39pm
Quote (PAWNGE @ Nov 11 2009 05:09am)
MISSION!

we are iso the most JUNK... im talking JUNK items to use as a "losers" trophy that the guild leader HAS to carry with there main char till a rematch.

Req:
- It HAS to be a melee item.
- Losest stats as possible
- It can be a wpn, shield, armor, ring w/e you can think of. Heres an i.e: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=37073976&f=169&o=10#p242108919

* If you have something layen around on a mule somewhere let us know. It can be bm/gm, eth/non w/e you can find. The line up of chars are already set and Kemel is working on a pretty sick gfx for us to use, so we can post this GvG tourny in the legit dueling area. We need a trophy to help tie up the lose end so we can set a date. SO, post a thread, a ss or even a brief description of what you have or found. I personally think the whole Non eth death cleaver with SUPER low ed w/ chipped ruby/skull or w/e would be quite nice.

GL!

* This message will self destruct in 15 seconds *

pretty sure i got a 350 botd naga somewhere, might serve as a good trophy^^

edit: nvrm i got rid of it, but, ill make another if thats the item lol

This post was edited by natedoggg on Nov 11 2009 03:40pm
Gold: 1.00
Nov 11 2009 04:15pm
Quote (natedoggg @ Nov 11 2009 03:28pm)
setb? meaning...?

A Single Eliminaiton Team Bet (SETB) involves 4, 6 or 8 players for a 2 VS 2, 3 VS 3 or 4 VS 4 bet. In this case, in tournament mode, we'll want to shoot for four-player teams for 4 VS 4 single elimination dueling. Two and three-player teams may be acceptable for other SETB and SETB Tournament events. Players must not party-up in a SETB because while in a single elimination duel, multiple auras would give a winning team an advantage over the losing team. In our case our captains will be our guild leaders. At which point, each captain's strategies of sending which player to duel whom will help determine the final outcome of the SETB. When dueling, it's especially important to keep in mind that there is absolutely no healing in SETBs. After a player wins a duel, they must continue dueling the next opponent chosen by the opposing captain until they die or manage to do the impossible of "sweeping" all four opponents without dying. (It happens). The general idea is to defeat all four members of the opposing team with at least one player still alive on the winning team, which will then earn the winning team one "point". To actually completely "win" a SETB, a team must "earn" three points. Therefore, the first team to score three points first, wins the SETB and advances to the next round of the tournament.

Main SETB event rules are as follows:

(Any rules that are broken which affect dueling will disqualify a player for that round only (One point earned by a team = one round). The disqualified player may join the next round).

1. No healing during a single round.
2. No partying.
3. No exile shields are allowed to be used against non-zealers such as barbarians.
4. No running.
5. If a player is still tapped after they win a duel, they must continue and duel the next player of the other team if needed.
6. No jumping.
7. After a players says "Go," both players must walk toward each other without stopping until contact is made. *This is to eliminate the possibility of unfair shifting.
8. Once a player FFAs, they FULLY agreed to particpate in the SETB and finish it all the way through to the end until one team wins three points.
9. No player is allowed to leave during an active SETB.
10. If a player drops due to time out, that player has three minutes to return. If that player does not return within three minutes, that player becomes disqualified for that current round.
11. If a player drops due to time out and does not return at all, their team may reuse one player twice, but not the same player for a third time.
Nov 11 2009 05:12pm
gotchya. thx :cheers:

so when the first person wins the first match they have to keep dueling until they are beat, my question is, are they aloud to heal between the duels or do they have to try to "sweep" the opposing team w/o kissin aka in between? lmk thxxxx :thumbsup:
Nov 11 2009 05:13pm
and is there a set date on this litlle shindig?
Gold: 296.00
Nov 11 2009 08:52pm
Erm Happy Veterans day by the way! Also happy 234th B-day for Marines ^_^ !!!
Gold: 15,410.01
Nov 11 2009 09:37pm
Quote (natedoggg @ Nov 11 2009 04:13pm)
and is there a set date on this litlle shindig?

we still working on that atm :\
Quote (natedoggg @ Nov 11 2009 04:12pm)
gotchya. thx :cheers:

so when the first person wins the first match they have to keep dueling until they are beat, my question is, are they aloud to heal between the duels or do they have to try to "sweep" the opposing team w/o kissin aka in between? lmk thxxxx  :thumbsup:

the first person wins the first match have to keep dueling until he/she die no matter what life he or she has. they aren't allowed to heal period. she/he has to duel until and try to "sweep" the oposing team w/o kissing akara. you can not kiss akara you can kiss it after you sweep other team ^^ after you die you have to sit in town and watch your team mate wins it or fails hardcore which i kick thier in the nuts. >:O
Quote (crackils @ Nov 11 2009 07:52pm)
Erm Happy Veterans day by the way! Also happy 234th B-day for Marines  ^_^ !!!

for me happy banning happend. this is 1 yr adversity which blizzard ban thousand of people world wide too for using loader and different got hacks too. (yea i got banned..)

This post was edited by LilNeko on Nov 11 2009 09:44pm
Gold: 296.00
Nov 11 2009 11:00pm
for me happy banning happend. this is 1 yr adversity which blizzard ban thousand of people world wide too for using loader and different got hacks too. (yea i got banned..)

Weird, yet kind of funny in an odd way that Veterans Day is affiliated with Happy Ban day.
Gold: 15,410.01
Nov 11 2009 11:15pm
Quote (crackils @ Nov 11 2009 10:00pm)
Weird, yet kind of funny in an odd way that Veterans Day is affiliated with Happy Ban day.

yea..im not rlly thrilled on happy ban day lol -.-
Nov 12 2009 03:11am
Happy V-Day to everyone to! OT for me! ^^ lol

SETB be sounds gd to me aswell. Chris do you mind pm'ing Steve about this please? I have some odd hours and it would be very helpfull ;)

- I hope hes likes the idea aswell :cheers:
Go Back To Guild Chat & Recruiting Topic List
Prev11718192021307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll