d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Guild Chat & Recruiting > Spqr's Discussion Chamber ( Members Only ) > For The Senate And People Of Rome.
Prev1168316841685168616873663Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 25 2009 09:39pm
SPQR Low Level Dueling 1 vs. 1 Tournament
Friday July 31 2009

We will be using the rules from LLD101.com.

Character Level Requirements:

Note: These level requirements are here to provide as much balance between the different classes and builds as is possible. If however, you wish to remain at a lower level, that is fine. For example, if you have an old version 1.09 character, say a Jabazon, who is still level 21 (as the old LLD101 rules dictated), and you wish to have her remain at level 21, that is perfectly acceptable and you are still eligible to enter any LLD 101 tournaments.

A Note about Dueling Etiquette:
-Castable minions (spirits, valks, shadow warrior/masters, etc..) are allowed to be intentionally or inadvertently attacked at any time at the start of or during a duel.

Character Level Restrictions:

Amazon - 30
Assassin - 30
Barbarian - 30
Druid - 30
Necromancer - 30
Paladin (Melee*) - 29
Paladin (Charger**) - 27
Paladin (Smite***) - 28
Paladin (Fist of Heavens, Blessed Hammer****) - 30
Sorceress - 30

Skill Restrictions:

*Level 29 Melee Paladins may not use Holy Freeze, Charge, or Smite at any time.
**Pure Chargers are considered ranged characters. Any Paladin variant using charge as a means of attack is limited to level 27. Any Paladin can use charge as a means of transportation.
***Smiters may not use blessed hammer or charge against melee, but may use any other skill.
****Blessed Hammer Pallies and FoHers cannot use any damaging skill or attack aside from Blessed Hammer and/or Fist of Heavens. Conviction is allowed. Holy Freeze is allowed. Charge is allowed as a mode of transportation, but if you do connect occasionally, that is allowed and understandable sometimes due to desynch and the rapid movement of charge. (most BH or FoHers will not have enough dmg or AR to do much of anything anyway)

Amazon - Slow Missile may not be used at any time.

Assassin - Traps, mind blast, and psychic hammer are not allowed in melee duels. They are allowed in ranged duels. Dragon Flight is allowed in melee duels.

Barbarian - Whirlwind is considered a ranged attack.

Druid - Ravens, spirit/dire wolves, grizzly, and vines are not allowed in melee duels.

Necromancer - May not use Bone Prison, Decrepify, or Clay Golem at any time.

Sorceress - May not use Teleport at any time, except in sorc vs. sorc.

All Classes - In a melee duel, no ranged weapons, skills, or spells may be used. (i.e. Charge, double throw, blizzard, guided arrow) In a ranged duel, no melee weapons may be used. An exception would be in a hybrid vs. hybrid duel where both characters have access to both a ranged and melee attack. However, the combatants must agree beforehand on which type of a duel they wish to do: either pure ranged, pure melee, or hybrid.

Item Restrictions:

-No items with the "Slows target by X%" modifier.
-No items with the "X% chance to cast Amplify Damage" modifier.
-No charged items are allowed to be used. (Example: Life Tap wands, Amp wands, Teleport amulets, etc.) The items themselves can be used, but the charges cannot be used.
-When dueling a character who relies primarily on elemental damage (sorc, trapsin, psn/cs zon, FoHer, etc...), only one Max Resistance Item per resistance may be used at the same time. Max Resistance Items refer to, but are not limited to: Hotspur, Venom Ward, Jade Tan Do, Infernostride, Nokozan relic, and Hawkmail. In other words, Hotspur and Nokozan Relic may not be used at the same time, but Hotspur and Hawkmail may be used at the same time.
-There is no limit to the amount of resistances you are allowed to stack.
-Death's Gloves and Jade Tan Do or Venom Ward cannot be used at the same time against a character who primarily uses Poison Damage, i.e. a Psn Zon, Psn Nova Necro, and so on.
-You may have a total of -35 damage (damage reduced by x) on your character, although there is no cap on damage reduction percentage (in other words, you may have 50% dr).
- The 'peace' runeword may not be used against any characters that use a ranged attack.

Other Restrictions:

-All duels will take place in the Blood Moor in Act 1 Normal.
-No mercenaries may be used at any time.
-No wells or shrines may be used during duels.
-No potions of any kind (including mana, antidote, and thawing potions). Throwing potions are allowed.
-Belts should be filled with scrolls of town portal or scrolls of identify. If you are unable to afford a full inventory of charms, you are to fill the remaining spaces with tp or id scrolls.
-No outside third party programs. (Including but not limited to Maphack)
-Players should clear the Blood Moor prior to starting the duel. If you do not wish to risk leveling up, you may get a higher level char to clear the moor for you, either a 3rd. party referee or the participants bring a higher level character prior to starting.
-Players should come to the game ready to duel with the gear they have on, and are not permitted to go to the stash until they have completed two duels of the current set. Once the first two duels of a set have been completed, players may go to the stash for each of the three remaining duels.

Everyone in the tournament will duel against everyone else in the tournament. Points are awarded based upon the win/loss ratio and for each duel won.

Winning the match with 5 kills: 10 points.
Losing by 5 kills: 1 point (5-0)
Losing by 4 kills: 2 points (5-1)
Losing by 3 kills: 3 points (5-2)
Losing by 2 kills: 4 points (5-3)
Losing by 1 kill: 5 points (5-4)

There is also a bonus handicap for people using chars below the maximum level. You receive one point to your final for each level below the maximum for your set-up.

For example, if you are playing a level 18 charger (max level 27), you receive 9 bonus points. Or if you use a level 9 jab zon, you receive a whopping 21 points! This is to encourage people to sign up, without being forced to make a new char if they duel in something other than the lvl 27-30 bracket.

Entry fee is 10 fg, payable to NinjaFitz. Post here or pm me (Sylvannos) with your Jsp account name, your char name, your char level, your char's build, and your bnet account name, so that I can assemble a roster.

This post was edited by sylvannos on Jul 25 2009 09:39pm
Gold: 0.01
Jul 25 2009 09:45pm
sounds fun :)
Jul 25 2009 09:45pm
Quote (BlakeM @ Sat, Jul 25 2009, 08:45pm)
sounds fun :)

^_^

You should sign up.
Jul 25 2009 10:35pm
Quote (sylvannos @ Sat, Jul 25 2009, 09:45pm)
^_^

You should sign up.

i dont LLD but lmk the winner of it so i can make the trophy k
Jul 25 2009 10:46pm
Quote (aotisin @ Sat, Jul 25 2009, 09:35pm)
i dont LLD but lmk the winner of it so i can make the trophy k

Will do!

Btw, I'm only organizing/supervising the tourney, I do not have an lld atm.

edit:

NinjaFitz
macfinn
aotisin
Master10
Unicron
cellhell
iLud_fatness
pissed247
danmtf420
ODP_DK
AcesHighIM
Blinki
BonerJams
Kibbles11693
AoTiEinhander
-SatchmO-
Subrosa_Pandora
sara101
iLLD
Aztec209
Jonzies
Chinglish
slam_pig
BAMmBAmM
Valorcide
imfrnchasfck
neonspike
chargersav21
aLLimmy
Undertaker29
Thund3r
xXL34D3RXx
Fluminense
Pavo
BlakeM
70savage
Lick_myTacos

y so inactive in guild chat?

This post was edited by sylvannos on Jul 25 2009 10:49pm
Gold: 4.00
Jul 25 2009 10:48pm
Quote (sylvannos @ Sat, Jul 25 2009, 11:39pm)
SPQR Low Level Dueling 1 vs. 1 Tournament

tl;dr
Gold: 0.01
Jul 25 2009 10:50pm
Quote (Crispers @ Sat, Jul 25 2009, 08:48pm)
tl;dr

SUP NIG
Jul 25 2009 10:50pm
Spqr's Discussion Chamber( Members Only )

Quote (sylvannos @ Sat, Jul 25 2009, 09:46pm)
y so inactive in guild chat?

Quote (Crispers @ Sat, Jul 25 2009, 09:48pm)
tl;dr

Meh, I suppose you'll do.

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
2 Members: sylvannos, Blinki

Don't you dare dodge chatting w/ me, fgt.

This post was edited by sylvannos on Jul 25 2009 10:52pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Jul 25 2009 10:52pm
hey all :cry: just got back from the hospital :(
Jul 25 2009 10:53pm
Quote (Blinki @ Sat, Jul 25 2009, 09:52pm)
hey all :cry: just got back from the hospital :(

WAY TO MAKE ME FEEL BAD, ASSHOLE... :unsure:
Go Back To Guild Chat & Recruiting Topic List
Prev1168316841685168616873663Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll