d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Guild Chat & Recruiting > The Official Palapk Nation News And Updates Thread > To Be Updated Regularly By The Pn Staff.
Prev1101112131425Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 43,841.33
Dec 29 2009 04:47pm
Quote (Zealot @ 29 Dec 2009 16:55)
Bren asked me to be the Attorney General.
Im not very active at Melee Duels atm since I got no inventory, but im soon back for sure.
But since I visit the forums every day, its an honor to be Attorney General.

If you got any problems, dont hesitate to drop a Message. My Inbox always got some open slots for you!

Since im german, english is not my foreign language and 99% got better english. Please respect that.
I try to improve it since years ;)

Attorney General
Head of the Palapk Nation Department of Justice. Submits inquiries to the Palapk Nation Congress on any member of the Palapk Nation that unjustly and unlawfully uses the power of their title, position or rank to benefit themselves or another without due process (Abuse of power), or any other law or rule that may have been broken. In which case, the Speaker of the House, of the House of Representatives Chamber of the Palapk Nation Congress, will either accept or deny a grievance submitted by the Attorney General. If accepted, a vote in the House of Representatives will determine if the grievance reaches the Palapk Nation Senate, in which a trial by the Senate Chamber of the Palapk Nation Congress will hear the testimony of the Attorney General and/or a witness called upon. The defendant will then be given a chance to call upon a person, guild or non-guild related to defend them or they may choose to defend themselves. If there is a tie in the senate verdict, the Vice PreZident must decide whether the defendant is guilty or not guilty. At which time, the Chief Justice of the Palapk Nation Supreme Court will read a sentence ranging from a list of violations. †See bottom of post for the list of violations, recommended penalties and sentences.

Wecome aboard, bro.

The Palapk Nation still needs to fill the final Cabinet position that is available: Secreteary of Education—Tasked with teaching new members of the Guild about the Palapk Nation and melee in general. Creates guides on several different melee builds, strategies and skill tables, charts and graphs. Understands and educates members about all Palapk Nation melee events including Tournaments, Mini-Tournaments, Single Elimination Team Bets, Ladders, Bet Challenges and Side Bets, Battle Force Tournaments, King Events, Free-for-Alls and Classic Duels including all rules associated with each of them.

We also need to fill the Congress: Speaker of the House—Responsible for accepting or denying a piece of legislation (A proposed bill, act, treaty or alliance) before it can be voted on by the House of Representatives. Also responsible for accepting or denying a grievance proposed by the Attorney General or other member of the Guild before it can be voted on by the House of Representatives. Must strongly consider the seriousness of such proposals or grievances so that the Palapk Nation legislative system does not get clogged up with unimportant matters. Must also keep the House active and make sure Congressmen and Congresswoman know when to begin debating and voting on new legislation or grievances inside the Official Palapk Nation Congress Thread.

PreZident pro tempore—Serves in the absence of the PreZident of the Senate, in which three days (72 hours) of no contact with the Senate is made. Therefore, taking up the responsibilities as the PreZident of Senate until their return.

And two Palapk Nation Senator positoins—A total of four Senators make up the Palapk Nation Senate. This number may increase to eight in the future. They will be responsible for making final-deciding votes on legislation that passes the House. If passed, the legislation will then move to the PreZident for final approval or veto. They will also be responsible for conducting a trial against any member of the Palapk Nation in which a grievance was brought against them that was first accepted by the Speaker of the House and passed by the House of Representatives. In the event of this happening, a vote will commence for a final verdict on the member. In a tie vote, the Vice PreZident must cast the final-deciding vote. If found guilty, the Chief Justice of the Palapk Nation Supreme Court must decide on whether or not to give any penalties or sentences against the member ranging from possible fines, suspension from melee events to being banned/exiled.

For more info on the Palapk Congress please visit: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=37936146&f=13&o=0#p249507776/

For the Palapk Nation Supreme Court: Chief Justice—Oversees the Palapk Nation Supreme Court and its four Associate Justices. This number may increase to eight in the future. Responsible for initiating a vote on any appeal of legislation that was passed by the Congress and approved by the PreZident. This will determine whether or not the piece of legislation (Bill, act, treaty or alliance) will remain effective or ineffective. A majority vote of the four Associate Justices will determine whether or not an appeal succeeds or fails in the Supreme Court. In the event of a tie-vote, the Chief Justice must cast the final-deciding vote. The Chief Justice is also responsible for judging a senate trial against any successfully grievanced member of the Palapk Nation that first passed the House. The Chief Justice must decide whether to enforce any penalties or sentences ranging from fines, suspension from the Guild and/or melee events to bans/exile.

And three more Associate Justices—A total of four Associate Justices and one Chief Justice make up the Palapk Nation Supreme Court. This number may increase to eight in the future. Responsible for voting on any appeal of legislation that was passed by the Congress and approved by the PreZident. This will determine whether or not the piece of legislation (Bill, act, treaty or alliance) will remain effective or ineffective. A majority vote of the four Associate Justices will determine whether or not an appeal succeeds or fails in the Supreme Court. In the event of a tie-vote, the Chief Justice must cast the final-deciding vote. Also hears appeal cases from members that were sentenced to bans/exile and those that may have been banned or exiled long ago and wish to return to the Guild.

For more info on the Palapk Nation Supreme Court please visit: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=37936191&f=13&o=0#p249508127/

If anyone is interested, please don't hesitate to comment, question or PM me. We need to fill these postiions ASAP to begin fully functioning.

This post was edited by PreZident Brennon on Dec 29 2009 04:51pm
Gold: 0.00
Dec 30 2009 02:21pm
The first torny in 2010 there will be 1500 fg in prices given out

800 for first
500 for second
200 for third

gl and have fun :)
Gold: 1,339.84
Dec 31 2009 08:53am
Quote (nflgo @ Dec 30 2009 01:21pm)
The first torny in 2010 there will be 1500 fg in prices given out

800 for first
500 for second
200 for third

gl and have fun :)

wish i could make it, gl everyone

happy new year, stay safe tonight!
Gold: 199.18
Warn: 10%
Dec 31 2009 09:20am
Happy New Year guys!
Dec 31 2009 01:13pm
Happy New Year! My goal of reaching level 99 before 2010 was a success, though so close it was insane, haha!
Gold: 0.00
Dec 31 2009 04:37pm
does anyone know what ever happened to lawrence's glitched g bane?
Dec 31 2009 05:37pm
pnsetb//1 to win gg forum gold. accepting players now.
Gold: 1,196.00
Dec 31 2009 09:11pm
Quote (PreZident Brennon @ Dec 31 2009 06:37pm)
pnsetb//1 to win gg forum gold. accepting players now.

so who won?
Dec 31 2009 09:46pm
My team won a couple.
Gold: 1,196.00
Dec 31 2009 09:51pm
Quote (PreZident Brennon @ Dec 31 2009 10:46pm)
My team won a couple.

ofc usually does
i have soilent back up but with lower edc(261) and fake 32020's for now but i won 1st in my guild tournie verses adam{hengster}
plus i need a few more small things like a ber/ber coa
Go Back To Guild Chat & Recruiting Topic List
Prev1101112131425Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll