d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Rock Music Is Satanic (including Christian Rock)
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Apr 10 2012 08:03pm
Quote (Dune1 @ Mar 27 2012 02:44am)
Probably the weirdest logic I have heard...

Are we also to not celebrate Christmas?  Christmas began as a pagan holiday, and most people miss the "message" that Christmas has as well.

I was gonna touch on this rock subject but I would like to touch on this first...

Honestly we are not to celebrate Christmas or Easter in the Pagan regards. Christmas is a pagan worship and Easter is also the same. Most people don't know that easter is actually a ritual celebrating the "spring goddess".

Christmas and Easter in a Christian home should be celebrated with praise and worship and thanksgiving for the life and passing of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 10 2012 09:10pm
Quote (Mitsu3000GT @ Apr 10 2012 10:03pm)
I was gonna touch on this rock subject but I would like to touch on this first...

Honestly we are not to celebrate Christmas or Easter in the Pagan regards. Christmas is a pagan worship and Easter is also the same. Most people don't know that easter is actually a ritual celebrating the "spring goddess".

Christmas and Easter in a Christian home should be celebrated with praise and worship and thanksgiving for the life and passing of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

I never said we were to celebrate it the same way. I said we adopted those holidays from the pagan world. Which is what the OP is saying. We have to separate ourselves from "worldly" things (rock music) so that Satan will have no means of enticing or controlling us. My point was that Christmas and Easter began as "worldly" holidays that the church adopted. Everything depends on the message and the motive. Rock music is not excluded from that logic.

This post was edited by Dune1 on Apr 10 2012 09:13pm
Apr 11 2012 09:06am
Inappropriate Post Content
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Apr 11 2012 02:02pm
Quote (Dune1 @ Apr 11 2012 03:10am)
I never said we were to celebrate it the same way.  I said we adopted those holidays from the pagan world.  Which is what the OP is saying.  We have to separate ourselves from "worldly" things (rock music) so that Satan will have no means of enticing or controlling us.  My point was that Christmas and Easter began as "worldly" holidays that the church adopted.  Everything depends on the message and the motive.  Rock music is not excluded from that logic.

That is definately a good point. Like Christmas and Easter, Rock can also be adopted by the church and used for good. I agree with that. Shoot there's Christian Rap music, and Rap music is just as bad or worse than Rock in my eyes. All the boats hoes cars drugs sex that get rapped about these days. And it gets freely spewed over our radio's for children to listen too...
Gold: 205.00
Apr 13 2012 12:27pm
Quote (Mitsu3000GT @ Apr 11 2012 08:02pm)
That is definately a good point. Like Christmas and Easter, Rock can also be adopted by the church and used for good. I agree with that. Shoot there's Christian Rap music, and Rap music is just as bad or worse than Rock in my eyes. All the boats hoes cars drugs sex that get rapped about these days. And it gets freely spewed over our radio's for children to listen too...

you could just turn the radio off lol
Gold: 54,012.51
Apr 13 2012 04:01pm
I'm a youth pastor and a metal head. I only listen to Christian music. The only time I would consider Christian metal a negative thing is if it is not being used properly. What I mean by that is that, in itself, Christian metal is not inherently bad. I am a witness that it has the power to stir up deep emotions, and because of that I need to know when and when not to use it. Sometimes when I have been in fits of righteous anger, it has calmed my soul and offered clarity and a connection with God. It is your responsibility to discern if you are being sinful or righteous in your anger, and how you use Christian metal along with your emotions.

Enjoy, my friends:

http://youtu.be/RdxdnVqn08E

This post was edited by Diligence on Apr 13 2012 04:07pm
Gold: 11,300.71
Apr 13 2012 10:28pm
:wacko:
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic