d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Rock Music Is Satanic (including Christian Rock)
Prev16789Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 205.00
Apr 8 2012 12:55am
False. You can't mix in bad without good. That's like saying God and Jesus don't exist. If Satan and his demons can sing with a rock band, then angels and Jesus can as well.

Sure, i'll admit that rock, if attention is fully on it and you are completely enjoying yourself, then you are in a trance-LIKE state. This is also a form of hypnotism, but this doesn't mean someone/something has any control over you whatsoever. You still have consciousness and can discern good from bad. Anytime i listen to a song i listen to the words and if i don't agree with them, then i don't listen to it.

Let's talk subliminal. This is psychological, and highly theoretical, that is if you're saying that there is an underlying message within a song; you didn't really define subliminal.

Phases of a human's life. Everyone has moments of defiance or lust. Drugs and alcohol are less common, but many people do them. These are known as sin, and no person can beat them all; all we can do is try, that is what makes us human and imperfect.

Music. You say that the forms of music that are satanic are pop, rock, funk, and rap. That makes no sense, because in any other form of music can bring you to the same state. You did not include country btw, but i will assume you meant to. Singing christian songs(by this i mean the elongated hymns that are often in Latin) can bring you to the same state as i mentioned, and demons can sing along with those as well. No way you can get around that.

So debate if you'd like, but i probably won't counter because i really don't care, i'll do what i want. I just dislike when people spread ignorance, no offense.
Gold: 3.00
Apr 8 2012 03:26am
You guys are missing out on so much in life..... And you are extremely narrow minded...
Gold: 1,000.00
Apr 8 2012 02:16pm
Quote (ajklf @ Apr 8 2012 03:26am)
You guys are missing out on so much in life..... And you are extremely narrow minded...

lol or maybe its you who is missing out?
what exactly are we missing out on?

This post was edited by DB_odin on Apr 8 2012 02:19pm
Gold: 440.00
Apr 8 2012 05:48pm
Quote (insertclevernamehere @ Apr 8 2012 01:28am)
you said to spend an eternity with him. where exactly do you plan to spend an eternity with him then?

im sorry.. do you believe in heaven?

Heaven, but who said I'm worshiping to just go to Heaven. If at anything when I first became saved at a young age I did it because I didn't want to go to Hell. But upon my rededication I don't want to be separated from my Father and Jesus Christ for eternity.
Apr 8 2012 08:03pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WcKrdFHTds

1 Hour 7 Minutes in talks about music from the first family in Satanism
Apr 8 2012 08:56pm
rock is soothing, that's my opinion. there is no way you can prove what you say.
Apr 8 2012 09:02pm
Quote (supergohan91 @ Apr 8 2012 02:55am)
False.  You can't mix in bad without good.  That's like saying God and Jesus don't exist.  If Satan and his demons can sing with a rock band, then angels and Jesus can as well.

Sure, i'll admit that rock, if attention is fully on it and you are completely enjoying yourself, then you are in a trance-LIKE state.  This is also a form of hypnotism, but this doesn't mean someone/something has any control over you whatsoever.  You still have consciousness and can discern good from bad.  Anytime i listen to a song i listen to the words and if i don't agree with them, then i don't listen to it.

Let's talk subliminal.  This is psychological, and highly theoretical, that is if you're saying that there is an underlying message within a song; you didn't really define subliminal.

Phases of a human's life.  Everyone has moments of defiance or lust.  Drugs and alcohol are less common, but many people do them.  These are known as sin, and no person can beat them all; all we can do is try, that is what makes us human and imperfect.

Music.  You say that the forms of music that are satanic are pop, rock, funk, and rap.  That makes no sense, because in any other form of music can bring you to the same state.  You did not include country btw, but i will assume you meant to.  Singing christian songs(by this i mean the elongated hymns that are often in Latin) can bring you to the same state as i mentioned, and demons can sing along with those as well.  No way you can get around that.

So debate if you'd like, but i probably won't counter because i really don't care, i'll do what i want.  I just dislike when people spread ignorance, no offense.

bold states your stance
Retired Moderator
Gold: 8,500.69
Trader: Trusted
Apr 9 2012 12:51am
At this point, are we arguing to make someone else see our stance? Or are we arguing out of conviction? The common factor should be that we love Jesus. We may have different doctrinal, and theological views, and our convictions may not be the same but we should DISCUSS these things on the basis that Jesus destroys egos.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer once said "Jesus was the mediator between God and man, and man, and man. Without Christ, we should not know God, nor could we come to him. Without Christ, we should not know our brother, nor should we come to him. The way is blocked by our own ego."
In instances like this, we need to evaluate whether we are truly arguing FOR Jesus, and not for ourselves. Some convictions are directly from scripture, and some are personal. Paul talks about this. When someone shares their convictions, don't put them down, or adopt them as your own. Your walk is your own. To put another's convictions down, is to potentially cause them to stumble, which Paul warns about in 1 Corinthians. Your convictions are your own. We should be a people that love Jesus so much that we bind together in our disagreements, and shock each other back to life, like the community we are called to be. It's not about if you listen to rock or rap, whether you mow your lawn on Sunday. Loving Jesus, and longing to grow more intimately with him is priority, everything else is secondary.
Apr 9 2012 06:08am
Quote (Creations @ Apr 9 2012 02:51am)
At this point, are we arguing to make someone else see our stance? Or are we arguing out of conviction? The common factor should be that we love Jesus. We may have different doctrinal, and theological views, and our convictions may not be the same but we should DISCUSS these things on the basis that Jesus destroys egos.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer once said "Jesus was the mediator between God and man, and man, and man. Without Christ, we should not know God, nor could we come to him. Without Christ, we should not know our brother, nor should we come to him. The way is blocked by our own ego."
In instances like this, we need to evaluate whether we are truly arguing FOR Jesus, and not for ourselves. Some convictions are directly from scripture, and some are personal. Paul talks about this. When someone shares their convictions, don't put them down, or adopt them as your own. Your walk is your own. To put another's convictions down, is to potentially cause them to stumble, which Paul warns about in 1 Corinthians. Your convictions are your own. We should be a people that love Jesus so much that we bind together in our disagreements, and shock each other back to life, like the community we are called to be. It's not about if you listen to rock or rap, whether you mow your lawn on Sunday. Loving Jesus, and longing to grow more intimately with him is priority, everything else is secondary.

Thanks for posting bro! Great post. And I think that sums it up nicely. I won't be posting in this thread anymore if anyone wants to 1on1 talk about it, I'd be more than glad to. If anyone has felt attacked by me in this thread, I am sorry.

This post was edited by Silenced_Matrix on Apr 9 2012 06:09am
Apr 10 2012 12:26pm
Quote (Silenced_Matrix @ Apr 9 2012 03:02am)
bold states your stance

thanks for spreading ignorance and annoyance....

bless you either way
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Prev16789Next
Add Reply New Topic