d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Rock Music Is Satanic (including Christian Rock)
Prev156789Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 3,158.38
Apr 6 2012 11:23pm
and to answer your answer about christian rock having demonic indications is very simple. if you go searching for a specific answer you will find that answer. a prime example of this is in science. Nothing about the universe that people have come to know is actually a fact, it is a theory. science is in fact a religion all on its own. however if you ask a scientist to prove god existed he NEVER will because he is so wrapped up in the fact that science is right, and religion is wrong. You my friend i believe are so utterly afraid of anything remotely demonic, that you try to find it everywhere. that you cannot see past the simple truth that there is bad in the world and you are forced to overcome it. i do believe the quote is fear not for i the lord am with you
Retired Moderator
Gold: 194.50
Trader: Trusted
Apr 6 2012 11:40pm
I believe if you stare and pick at anything you will/can find faults with it.
Even if they're only in your mind.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 8,500.69
Apr 7 2012 12:21am
Quote (donfromtgood @ 6 Apr 2012 19:40)
i coudlnt help myself.  music is music.  religion is a way of life about morals and guidelines.  im pretty sure it doesnt say in the bible thou shal not listen to heavy metal.  it speaks of false idols.  idolizing musicians etc is a sin sure.  but just the  act of listening to music is absolutly not, no matter what the music is about.  if it doesn't dictate your life, then its not causing any harm at all, no matter what the music is about. 

Take for instance the band Slayer.  a lot of people have a common misconception that their are devil worshippers but they are all in-fact christian.  it is people's judgement of others that gives any sort of music a band name.  a musician is just an entertainer at the end of the day.  in my opinion people who cannot listen to a certain type of music because they think it is devil music are just insane. 

If one person was to simply caste out anything that even resembled sin out of their lives then they would have to lock themselves in their house, and do nothing but pray.  people sin period. 
its all about faith at the end of the day, and you either have it or you dont.  but before you have faith in jesus ( or any other god )  you must first know what is right or wrong because at the end of the day it is you who decides for yourself.

Actually, There are multiple interviews where Kerry King from Slayer talks about, and denies Jesus. You don't put a pentagram, and deny Jesus because you believe Jesus. Scripture says that you tell your brothers and sisters by the fruit of the spirit. That's not fruit of the spirit, at all.
music is music.
"religion is a way of life about morals and guidelines." Jesus was/is not about rules or guidelines. Matthew 5 Jesus says that he came not to abolish the law, but to fulfill it. Paul MULTIPLE times throughout his letters to the various churches talks against old testament law. Galations 2:19-21 talks about how when he tried to live by this law, that he was condemned by it. because it we were made right with God through the law, then there was absolutely no point in Jesus. We aren't called to rules, or sacrifice, or these crazy sub-laws that you find in the torah (first 5 books of the bible), we are called to live in a relationship with Jesus. because Galations 2 also says that our old selves were crucified with Christ on the cross. Meaning that our old ways, our old lives, our old habits are dead and gone, so that we may die to ourselves, and LIVE in Jesus. Rules are replaced by convictions.

And there is no other God.

This post was edited by Creations on Apr 7 2012 12:22am
Gold: 440.00
Apr 7 2012 05:25pm
Quote (Lucifer20 @ Apr 7 2012 01:40am)
I believe if you stare and pick at anything you will/can find faults with it.
Even if they're only in your mind.

I also agree here, let me state this once again. USE THE DISCERNMENT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. This topic was made to get people to think. The Holy Spirits discernment and conviction will not fail you. (Now you can do a certain sin so many times and eventually lose the conviction from it).

Quote (insertclevernamehere @ Apr 6 2012 09:05pm)
if you're worshiping god simply to go to heaven arent you doing it for the wrong reason?

"heaven is cool. way better than hell. praise god."

Did that say to go to Heaven? Misinterpretation.

Quote (Dune1 @ Apr 5 2012 11:12pm)
Sure Jesus did.  Christ spoke with women, which was not something that was common in the Jewish culture.  It was a "worldly" practice.  Jesus allowed his disciples to pick grain to eat on the Sabbath.  Again, a worldly thing of that time.  Jesus used parables and used worldly topics to describe spiritual matters.  Jesus constantly associated himself with "the world".

As did Paul.  Paul became all things to all people.  (1 Corinth. 9:19-23)  We do not distance ourselves from the world, since it's the world we are to bring to Christ.  We are not to conform to the world however.  Again, Christmas and Easter were "worldly" holidays that the church adopted to interact with "the world".  (one theory)

You are misusing the word "worldly" here brother and what is meant by that.

--------------------------------------------------

To whoever says Slayer is a "Christian band", your debate has failed at this point and you need to do the 1 second of thinking it takes to realize this is completely false.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 0.00
Apr 7 2012 05:31pm
Quote (Silenced_Matrix @ Apr 7 2012 07:25pm)
I also agree here, let me state this once again. USE THE DISCERNMENT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.  This topic was made to get people to think.  The Holy Spirits discernment and conviction will not fail you.  (Now you can do a certain sin so many times and eventually lose the conviction from it).

You are misusing the word "worldly" here brother and what is meant by that.

--------------------------------------------------

To whoever says Slayer is a "Christian band", your debate has failed at this point and you need to do the 1 second of thinking it takes to realize this is completely false.

No I am not. You are saying that Jesus never used "worldly" things to bring people to him. I am telling you he did. He went against "religion" all the time to reach the WORLD. As did Paul. It was his mission to reach the world, so he had to reach them on their level. It seems that you are taking the "in the world, of the world" phrase too literal. We are here to bring the world to Jesus. If we separate ourselves too much from them, we cannot reach them. Rock music is not bad at all. The message is bad, not the music. Satan can and will use any means possible to reach you. You are correct in that for sure. I would like to know why you are on the internet preaching about satan and rock music when the INTERNET is an outlet to evil on a much greater scale. You are cherry-picking what can be used by satan based on your own comfort zones.

Simply put.. if it can be a hindrance to you, avoid it. However you cannot push that same ideology on everyone else because it may not be a stumbling block to them. Paul spoke about this as well. (which I have previously linked)

This post was edited by Dune1 on Apr 7 2012 05:31pm
Apr 7 2012 05:54pm
Quote (Dune1 @ Apr 7 2012 07:31pm)
No I am not.  You are saying that Jesus never used "worldly" things to bring people to him.  I am telling you he did.  He went against "religion" all the time to reach the WORLD.  As did Paul.  It was his mission to reach the world, so he had to reach them on their level.  It seems that you are taking the "in the world, of the world" phrase too literal.  We are here to bring the world to Jesus.  If we separate ourselves too much from them, we cannot reach them.  Rock music is not bad at all.  The message is bad, not the music.  Satan can and will use any means possible to reach you.  You are correct in that for sure.  I would like to know why you are on the internet preaching about satan and rock music when the INTERNET is an outlet to evil on a much greater scale.  You are cherry-picking what can be used by satan based on your own comfort zones.

Simply put.. if it can be a hindrance to you, avoid it.  However you cannot push that same ideology on everyone else because it may not be a stumbling block to them.  Paul spoke about this as well.  (which I have previously linked)

"Religion" is worldly. Take a look at the Pharisees. You are making assumptions and clearly did not read the opening page. Or much of any posts or you would know my stance.
Retired Moderator
Apr 7 2012 06:02pm
Quote (Silenced_Matrix @ Apr 7 2012 07:54pm)
"Religion" is worldly. Take a look at the Pharisees. You are making assumptions and clearly did not read the opening page. Or much of any posts or you would know my stance.

Religion is you. Religion is me. By saying you are not a part of religion simply tries to make yourself sound more spiritual, when in reality.. it doesn't. Jesus did not come to abolish religion, he came to reform it.

I read your opening page and none of it relates directly to "Rock Music". You made that up based on your own insecurities.

"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.

This post was edited by Dune1 on Apr 7 2012 06:03pm
Apr 7 2012 09:38pm
Quote (Dune1 @ Apr 7 2012 08:02pm)
Religion is you.  Religion is me.  By saying you are not a part of religion simply tries to make yourself sound more spiritual, when in reality.. it doesn't.  Jesus did not come to abolish religion, he came to reform it.

I read your opening page and none of it relates directly to "Rock Music".  You made that up based on your own insecurities.

Clearly you didn't read it because I never claimed I wrote it, and I have stated multiple times if the Holy Spirit convicts you than don't listen to it.

And I guess I should be more detailed in what I meant, that is my fault. By religion I mean the religion that is ritualistic, based on rules, and ever present in modern religious practice (I.E.- Most "religion" today).

You can assume whatever you want but I will still say regardless of what you say, sending Christ's love <3.
Apr 7 2012 11:28pm
Quote (Silenced_Matrix @ Apr 7 2012 06:25pm)

you said to spend an eternity with him. where exactly do you plan to spend an eternity with him then?

im sorry.. do you believe in heaven?
Gold: 2.71
Apr 8 2012 12:24am
Quote (Silenced_Matrix @ Mar 26 2012 10:18pm)
I think if you want to give gifting's on Christmas that's between you and your family, but claiming Santa Clause brings them, also the Tooth Fairy being real (ask anyone who discerns good/evil spirits and has saw demons; demons CAN come as fairy's), or the Easter Bunny, is all the wrong way to go about these. Some stuff can be discerned and use for good. No where in the Bible does music save the lost, is to worship the Lord.  Notice how upset people get, just like when they realize Pokemon, D2, WoW, Everquest, Yugi-Oh, MTG, Harry Potter all have evil spirits behind them. Satan isn't new to this, and he is out to destroy everything.

HOW CAN SATAN BE IN IT, WHEN THEY USE IT TO WIN SOULS?

Question: Some Christian Rockers argue that Rock music doesn't have to be satanic. If the lyrics are about the Lord and salvation, it can be a legitimate form by which young people in a world of predominate rock can be won for Christ.

Answer: We are not talking here about lively gospel music. We're talking about ROCK! We are not talking about beat or even drums. We're talking about ROCK beat and style. While some Christian Rockers may say they are seeking to win souls in the rock world, but what they are actually doing is introducing young people to Rock, and the spirit of rock.

Music is not for winning souls, but for singing praises to GOD! Preaching is is the tool given by God to win souls to the kingdom.-- Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Some ask? Why can’t a Christian enjoy "worldly" rock also? Everything we do should be to the glory of GOD. 1Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

"There's one very simple test for Christians to use to determine what is and what is not godly music: Could you play that music as part of the Sunday morning worship service without offending God? If GOD wouldn’t be pleased with it, then it is not worth playing. If such music cannot be used to praise the King, then why are you listening to it?

This is just invalid.
Rock music is not only about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll & "worship the devil"
Lot of people have been saved by music, by touching lyrics, which, some cases come in Rock music!
With this whole thing, it looks that you're brain washing everyone.
Did you ever think that if no one wanted to begin a "controversy" about the devil in rock music, nobody would ever care about it, they would keep listening to it, and enjoying the music!
Music is art, and I'm pretty sure that someone would worship the devil just because one band has the six pointed star has it's logo.
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Prev156789Next
Add Reply New Topic