d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Rock Music Is Satanic (including Christian Rock)
Prev1345679Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 440.00
Apr 2 2012 09:40am
Quote (bigspot_05 @ Apr 2 2012 05:55am)
I am very hesitant to post in this forum, for the simple reason of how I disagree with the majority of the threads I've seen in here and how it appears the posters believe thing were/are/to be.  But this thread actually upset me for one simple reason.

When I listen to music, I look for the exceptional cases of skill amongst musicians.  There are quite a few instances where, to me it seems, God is only affirmed even more strongly that he does exist and is the right and proper being I believe him to be, and I frequently find that in rock music, and its sub-genre's (metal in particular).  There are a few instances where it just seems to me that His blessings are more apparent than the normal and usual.  For that reason, I cannot believe those instances where I have been awestruck to the point of wondering or even hoping that what I'm hearing is what I will experience after my mortal test is over, are bad or wrong or brought about by God's adversary.

To be entirely honest, I'm sorry you've had a poor experience with the music you've been exposed to of this genre, and that is hasn't affected you in the way is has me.  I really believe if you felt what I did, you wouldn't feel like you do now.

You apparently didn't read the whole article. I did NOT write the original article I told who did. That being said before God changed me I loved metal. My flesh still loves it. Did that ever make a claim on talent in regards, nope. It did Biblically (the book as a Christian we should live by) explain the view against rock/metal. (Apparently you didn't read it all.)
Gold: 1,000.00
Apr 5 2012 01:02am
Ok, this whole topic is missing the point. Demons, devils, evil things that go bump in the night? I have yet to hear any form of this from a Hendrix song, which I don't listen to much Hendrix either way.
.. Some songs openly praise the devil, and people listen to this by choice. And we sin by choice.. Not because of a subliminal message.
And it's in my opinion that we are protected from "tricks" such as this. You have Psalm 27:1 right there in your signature. I think it's pretty relevant to the whole topic.

While the idea of death metal christian music is kinda odd, I believe the point of it is to encourage people without faith to see that God to, can rock. Or something like that.
It hurts to say, but being christian has become a social taboo. Which heavily dictates peoples choices. So bands try to click to areas that people can relate to.

This post was edited by DB_odin on Apr 5 2012 01:19am
Apr 5 2012 06:27am
Inappropriate Post Content
Gold: 120.00
Apr 5 2012 08:02am
op is obviously trolling......

IS MY FAVORITE ROCK GROUP INTO THIS?

Question: Is my rock group in this?
Answer: Yes, if they are into Pop, Rock (soft, hard, heavy, alternative, etc), Funk, Rap.

kidding right?

This post was edited by UncleMuscles on Apr 5 2012 08:07am
Gold: 440.00
Apr 5 2012 10:20am

Quote (UncleMuscles @ Apr 5 2012 10:02am)
op is obviously trolling......

kidding right?

It's not a troll, you don't have a complete Biblical foundation for something and it's "trollololoolololling". Who is trolling is Satan, who wants to blind you to the fact you live on this earth for maybe 70-80 years, maybe longer God willing, and eternity is forever, it never ends. Is it worth creating a personal relationship with Christ and turning away from sin so you can spend an eternity with Him? It is for me. Praise God

Quote (DB_odin @ Apr 5 2012 03:02am)
Ok, this whole topic is missing the point. Demons, devils, evil things that go bump in the night? I have yet to hear any form of this from a Hendrix song, which I don't listen to much Hendrix either way.
.. Some songs openly praise the devil, and people listen to this by choice. And we sin by choice.. Not because of a subliminal message.
And it's in my opinion that we are protected from "tricks" such as this. You have Psalm 27:1 right there in your signature. I think it's pretty relevant to the whole topic.

While the idea of death metal christian music is kinda odd, I believe the point of it is to encourage people without faith to see that God to, can rock. Or something like that.
It hurts to say, but being christian has become a social taboo. Which heavily dictates peoples choices. So bands try to click to areas that people can relate to.

Do a little research on Hendrix and what he says happened to Him on stage, you start doing more research you find people are admitting (and I'm not talking about in songs) in interviews where they have sold their souls for fame. To a certain point we are protected. But continuously allowing sinful things in your life (when saved you become a new creation and your heart changes, you are remade and are willing and want to turn away from sin). Am I saying if you listen to this type of music you are going to Hell? Not at all. Am I saying it's hurtful to your relationship with Christ and could ruin it? Yes.

Read the Bible verses, God does not "rock". People who get saved at these kind of events do it on an emotional level and have no solid foundation to stand on after the concerts and go back to their normal lives for the majority. Christ never used any worldly way EVER to bring someone to Him. The gospels (Matthew,Mark,Luke,John) should be the foundations for our ministries to bring people to Jesus Christ.
Gold: 450.98
Apr 5 2012 12:02pm
Quote (Silenced_Matrix @ Apr 5 2012 12:20pm)
It's not a troll, you don't have a complete Biblical foundation for something and it's "trollololoolololling".  Who is trolling is Satan, who wants to blind you to the fact you live on this earth for maybe 70-80 years, maybe longer God willing, and eternity is forever, it never ends.  Is it worth creating a personal relationship with Christ and turning away from sin so you can spend an eternity with Him?  It is for me. Praise God

Do a little research on Hendrix and what he says happened to Him on stage, you start doing more research you find people are admitting (and I'm not talking about in songs) in interviews where they have sold their souls for fame.  To a certain point we are protected.  But continuously allowing sinful things in your life (when saved you become a new creation and your heart changes, you are remade and are willing and want to turn away from sin).  Am I saying if you listen to this type of music you are going to Hell?  Not at all.  Am I saying it's hurtful to your relationship with Christ and could ruin it? Yes.

Read the Bible verses, God does not "rock". People who get saved at these kind of events do it on an emotional level and have no solid foundation to stand on after the concerts and go back to their normal lives for the majority.  Christ never used any worldly way EVER to bring someone to Him.  The gospels (Matthew,Mark,Luke,John) should be the foundations for our ministries to bring people to Jesus Christ.

Very true. GoodFight Ministries has documented a lot of these. You can watch clips of their movies on their website here: http://theater.goodfight.org/
If you don't want to click on the link, just google "they sold their souls for rock and roll". It's really sad that anybody would "sell their soul" for a few years of riches.
Apr 5 2012 12:27pm
Inappropriate Post Content
Apr 5 2012 03:16pm
Quote (Silenced_Matrix @ Apr 5 2012 10:20am)
It's not a troll, you don't have a complete Biblical foundation for something and it's "trollololoolololling".  Who is trolling is Satan, who wants to blind you to the fact you live on this earth for maybe 70-80 years, maybe longer God willing, and eternity is forever, it never ends.  Is it worth creating a personal relationship with Christ and turning away from sin so you can spend an eternity with Him?  It is for me. Praise God

Do a little research on Hendrix and what he says happened to Him on stage, you start doing more research you find people are admitting (and I'm not talking about in songs) in interviews where they have sold their souls for fame.  To a certain point we are protected.  But continuously allowing sinful things in your life (when saved you become a new creation and your heart changes, you are remade and are willing and want to turn away from sin).  Am I saying if you listen to this type of music you are going to Hell?  Not at all.  Am I saying it's hurtful to your relationship with Christ and could ruin it? Yes.

Read the Bible verses, God does not "rock". People who get saved at these kind of events do it on an emotional level and have no solid foundation to stand on after the concerts and go back to their normal lives for the majority.  Christ never used any worldly way EVER to bring someone to Him.  The gospels (Matthew,Mark,Luke,John) should be the foundations for our ministries to bring people to Jesus Christ.

God does indeed "rock". As rock is just as much as a slang term as it is a music genre. We aren't in the iron age.
Sin is everywhere and anywhere you look. There is no sense to turn every corner with caution. When the sun comes up, what do the shadows do? They hide.
My music preference has absolutely nothing to do with my relationship with Christ, excluding the songs that praise him.
Oh and fyi, ANYTHING god does, is considered a holy act. He defines the rules. not the devil.
Your giving the devil far to much credit, Are you really that scared of him? The devil exploits our fear, does he not?
Instead of hitting anything suspicious with a magnifying glass, walk through that room of demons with crosses a Blazin'

Again, Christ is a choice. No he doesn't make Christian death metal. But people do. Because that's part of being christian right? To share Christ!
Kids aren't going to listen to the old gospels, not by choice. You might as well try reading verses to a deaf man.
Why not put it in a way that they can understand?
Why can't god be fun?

This post was edited by DB_odin on Apr 5 2012 03:25pm
Admin
Gold: 16,845.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 5 2012 03:25pm
Quote (DB_odin @ 5 Apr 2012 16:16)
God does indeed "rock". As rock is just as much as a slang term as it is a music genre. We aren't in the iron age.
Sin is everywhere and anywhere you look. There is no sense to turn every corner with caution. When the sun comes up, what do the shadows do? They hide.
My music preference has absolutely nothing to do with my relationship with Christ, excluding the songs that praise him.
Oh and fyi, ANYTHING god does, is considered a holy act. He defines the rules. not the devil.
Your giving the devil far to much credit, Are you really that scared of him? The devil exploits our fear, does he not?
Instead of hitting anything suspicious with a magnifying glass, walk through that room of demons with crosses a Blazin'

I think the issue is that not everyone is strong in conviction and character, and may be more susceptible to negative types of influence. For those people, it is best that they avoid temptation, so as not to succumb.
Apr 5 2012 03:56pm
Quote (njaguar @ Apr 5 2012 03:25pm)
I think the issue is that not everyone is strong in conviction and character, and may be more susceptible to negative types of influence. For those people, it is best that they avoid temptation, so as not to succumb.

this is true. I may be wrong, but I have always been of the opinion that we are given a choice. Brainwashing and subliminal messages, are not a choice. That would mean that the devil is forcing himself into you.
There may be songs with this, but God would NEVER permit such an action to have any command over you. Faith or no faith, Things like this would be snuffed out.
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Prev1345679Next
Add Reply New Topic