d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Rock Music Is Satanic (including Christian Rock)
Prev1234569Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 125.00
Mar 29 2012 06:29pm
Ultimately the way to tell if something is from God or of Satan is this:

Is it glorifying the self, or is it glorifying God?
Gold: 440.00
Mar 29 2012 06:33pm
Quote (Torm1 @ Mar 29 2012 08:29pm)
Ultimately the way to tell if something is from God or of Satan is this:

Is it glorifying the self, or is it glorifying God?

Well said.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 30,356.06
Trader: Trusted
Mar 29 2012 10:17pm
Quote (Silenced_Matrix @ Mar 29 2012 07:33pm)
Well said.

so you agree that Christian Rock isn't demonic then? Cause I know a lot of it that's glorifying to God.
Gold: 440.00
Mar 30 2012 11:06am
Quote (DoomOnYou @ Mar 30 2012 12:17am)
so you agree that Christian Rock isn't demonic then?  Cause I know a lot of it that's glorifying to God.

Before I respond to this, what bands are you talking about?
Gold: 12.00
Mar 30 2012 03:09pm
I'm rather awestruck at this post. I'll be completely honest. this whole posting just.. confuses me. Nearly irritates me. Yes, i understand christian gospels, I used to be a christian. They are indeed, great forms of praise for jesus/God. but, how can you say ALL forms of music is representation of the devil speaking to us?

Rap; Rap music is an expression of self. (90% of the time, anyway.) Rap is about live struggles, and what GOES on in their life. With, the added fun mix of drugs, girls, money and liqour. But, apparently that's just the devils way of making us subdue to him, right?

Metal: Metal isn't all about demonic worshiping. Its plain and simple. Its about MUSIC. Its about 4~5 people coming together and playing music, Whilst lyrics are generally aggressive, thats how it opperates.

Death Metal: sure, bands like heaven shall burn, Cannibalcorpse, etc. Those i can see having a slight devilish undertone. But, you generally realize that before you start listening to it. I mean, shit. Its called Death metal for a reason. But, then again I don't hear very many devilish undertones, Think evilish, wish death upon people, Worship satan, or anything. These claims are just stupid.

I mean honestly. Subliminal messaging isn't anything new. Its obvious its been in rock before, saying and spitting everything devil related. But, i bet you theres the same thing going on in christian rock.
No, not devil praise. (though, apparently you've mentioned that it does involve devilish undertones. Gofigure?) but probably subliminal messages towards god, jesus and religion. Brain washing people TO listen to the word of god, etc.

Now, lets be honest here. I'm 19 years old. Not christian. My views are my own views, and if you're interested i'll inform you of them. But, within the 15 years i'm able to remember, i've been listening to rock, to death metal, to heavy metal, to rap, to more metal, then to dubstep.

Point is, within 7 of those years, i was a christian. I then hit the age of reasoning, and branched off into my own sort of beliefs, main point is; I have not once cared, thought, or even really bothered with Satan. This whole article just makes me sick really, attempting to see the bad in music. The more pure true thing out there these days.
Admin
Gold: 16,845.00
Mar 30 2012 03:13pm
Quote (Kaamon @ 30 Mar 2012 16:09)
I'm rather awestruck at this post. I'll be completely honest. this whole posting just.. confuses me. Nearly irritates me. Yes, i understand christian gospels, I used to be a christian. They are indeed, great forms of praise for jesus/God. but, how can you say ALL forms of music is representation of the devil speaking to us?

Rap; Rap music is an expression of self. (90% of the time, anyway.) Rap is about live struggles, and what GOES on in their life. With, the added fun mix of drugs, girls, money and liqour. But, apparently that's just the devils way of making us subdue to him, right?

Metal: Metal isn't all about demonic worshiping. Its plain and simple. Its about MUSIC. Its about 4~5 people coming together and playing music, Whilst lyrics are generally aggressive, thats how it opperates.

Death Metal: sure, bands like heaven shall burn, Cannibalcorpse, etc. Those i can see having a slight devilish undertone. But, you generally realize that before you start listening to it. I mean, shit. Its called Death metal for a reason. But, then again I don't hear very many devilish undertones, Think evilish, wish death upon people, Worship satan, or anything. These claims are just stupid.

I mean honestly. Subliminal messaging isn't anything new. Its obvious its been in rock before, saying and spitting everything devil related. But, i bet you theres the same thing going on in christian rock.
No, not devil praise. (though, apparently you've mentioned that it does involve devilish undertones. Gofigure?) but probably subliminal messages towards god, jesus and religion. Brain washing people TO listen to the word of god, etc.

Now, lets be honest here. I'm 19 years old. Not christian. My views are my own views, and if you're interested i'll inform you of them. But, within the 15 years i'm able to remember, i've been listening to rock, to death metal, to heavy metal, to rap, to more metal, then to dubstep.

Point is, within 7 of those years, i was a christian. I then hit the age of reasoning, and branched off into my own sort of beliefs, main point is; I have not once cared, thought, or even really bothered with Satan.  This whole article just makes me sick really, attempting to see the bad in music. The more pure true thing out there these days.

Everything you just said only validates what Silenced_Matrix said, from a scriptural standpoint. If you were trying to prove him wrong, you did the opposite in your attempt to justify things that are sinful and against the word of God.

Your reply reminds me of the quote from "The Usual Suspects":
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
Mar 30 2012 03:18pm
Quote (njaguar @ Mar 30 2012 05:13pm)
Everything you just said only validates what Silenced_Matrix said, from a scriptural standpoint. If you were trying to prove him wrong, you did the opposite in your attempt to justify things that are sinful and against the word of God.

Your reply reminds me of the quote from "The Usual Suspects":
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Neat. First time i get quoted by Njaguar is in a christian subform. Odd.

That aside, YOU CAUGHT ME FOR I AM THE DEVIL. HOW DID YOU KNOW?!
Admin
Gold: 16,845.00
Mar 30 2012 03:20pm
Quote (Kaamon @ 30 Mar 2012 16:18)
Neat. First time i get quoted by Njaguar is in a christian subform. Odd.

That aside, YOU CAUGHT ME FOR I AM THE DEVIL. HOW DID YOU KNOW?!

That quote doesn't mean you are the devil, it means that part of his trick is to convince people he doesn't exist, so he can influence with impunity. Please read the sticky when you get a chance, this subforum is for Christian Fellowship, and any Christian vs non-Christian debate does not belong here. Post it in the PaRD.
Mar 30 2012 03:26pm
Quote (njaguar @ Mar 30 2012 05:20pm)
That quote doesn't mean you are the devil, it means that part of his trick is to convince people he doesn't exist, so he can influence with impunity. Please read the sticky when you get a chance, this subforum is for Christian Fellowship, and any Christian vs non-Christian debate does not belong here. Post it in the PaRD.

Yes, i knew what you were going on about. Just a simple joke.
Gold: 2,255.00
Apr 2 2012 03:55am
I am very hesitant to post in this forum, for the simple reason of how I disagree with the majority of the threads I've seen in here and how it appears the posters believe thing were/are/to be. But this thread actually upset me for one simple reason.

When I listen to music, I look for the exceptional cases of skill amongst musicians. There are quite a few instances where, to me it seems, God is only affirmed even more strongly that he does exist and is the right and proper being I believe him to be, and I frequently find that in rock music, and its sub-genre's (metal in particular). There are a few instances where it just seems to me that His blessings are more apparent than the normal and usual. For that reason, I cannot believe those instances where I have been awestruck to the point of wondering or even hoping that what I'm hearing is what I will experience after my mortal test is over, are bad or wrong or brought about by God's adversary.

To be entirely honest, I'm sorry you've had a poor experience with the music you've been exposed to of this genre, and that is hasn't affected you in the way is has me. I really believe if you felt what I did, you wouldn't feel like you do now.

This post was edited by bigspot_05 on Apr 2 2012 03:56am
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Prev1234569Next
Add Reply New Topic