d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Rock Music Is Satanic (including Christian Rock)
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 6,487.40
Mar 27 2012 04:34am
I listen some Third day, tree 63, etc altough they use a rock sound, the main message in the lyrics talks about christianity, they just follow a music current in order to be listen and to touch a larger audience

Jesus changed water into wine at the cana wedding. does this makes Jesus an alcoholic ?
Retired Moderator
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 27 2012 07:10am
Quote (Silenced_Matrix @ Mar 27 2012 12:01am)
All I asked was you to pray for discernment, so instead of justifying why you are right. Why not just pray bro? :)

Read the whole article and what the Bible MAKES very clear. You either agree with the Bible, or you don't.

I'm sorry but I don't need to pray about something silly like this. The bible says nothing about Rock music, or music of any kind for that matter. Where the bible is silent, it is open for interpretation as long as it doesn't conflict with other areas of the bible.

For you to justify "gospel" music but condemn rock music is nothing more than a bias on your part. There is nothing scriptural about this, it is simply your opinion.

Romans 14:23 says whatever doesn't come from faith is sin. Christian rock comes from faith. They are professing their love for Christ in a way they know how. You should also read Romans 14. It will shed some light on this matter.

This has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing about the bible. The bible says NOTHING about music. You are finding random quotes to back your flawed logic. Again, we celebrate Christmas.. which was a pagan holiday. You say "you can with your family, that's your choice.." So we can sin with our families, just not with anyone else? How does that makes sense?

Keep in mind Paul became all things to all people to reach the lost. (1 Corinthians 9) No we are not to be "of" the world, but we are to be in the world. We cannot reach the lost without being in the world. Paul recognized that and mingled with the non-believers so he could convert them. He did not allow the non-believer to convert him, rather he associated himself with them so that he can impact them. Christians need to be careful about putting up so many barriers. If we have too many walls up, we will not be able to see the one's who need God the most. The lost.

This post was edited by Dune1 on Mar 27 2012 07:11am
Mar 27 2012 08:15am
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Completely and utterly false..

This is the most retarded post I've ever seen LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Whatever church your going to that has fed you this crap... get out
And no CHRISTIAN rock is not satanic, you have been deceived.

I worship to christian rock all the time.
Listen to Lincoln Brewster and get back to me bro

This post was edited by Rushton on Mar 27 2012 08:24am
Mar 27 2012 08:25am
Mar 27 2012 08:26am
OMG HERE COMES SATAN GUYZZZZ. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Admin
Gold: 16,845.00
Mar 27 2012 09:14am
It's not the music that is necessarily bad, it is the bad theology they may contain. A hymnal can be bad, if the theology contained therein is not sound.

The truth is, a lot (most?) of the songs created do have bad theology (and the rest rather weak theology). This is why you have people that prefer hymnals to everything else, as most of them were written by musicians that were also biblical scholars.

However, this does not make a certain style of music bad. That is stretching and not identifying the true issue.
Gold: 1,346.90
Mar 27 2012 12:50pm
Quote (njaguar @ Mar 27 2012 07:14am)
It's not the music that is necessarily bad, it is the bad theology they may contain. A hymnal can be bad, if the theology contained therein is not sound.

The truth is, a lot (most?) of the songs created do have bad theology (and the rest rather weak theology). This is why you have people that prefer hymnals to everything else, as most of them were written by musicians that were also biblical scholars.

However, this does not make a certain style of music bad. That is stretching and not identifying the true issue.

thats y i love christian music only its uplifting :]
Admin
Gold: 16,845.00
Mar 27 2012 02:19pm
Quote (Marcuz @ 27 Mar 2012 13:50)
thats y i love christian music only its uplifting :]

I was referring to Christian music, a lot (most?) of it has bad theology within the lyrics.
Retired Moderator
Mar 27 2012 03:11pm
Quote (njaguar @ Mar 27 2012 11:14am)

I'll agree that hymns are more theologically sound (in a general sense) than modern Christian music. But I also feel that a large number of modern Christian songs are sound. Most "popular" Christian artists are also ministers at their church. Are they on the same level as "biblical scholars"? Well probably not.. but that doesn't mean they don't understand basic bible doctrine.
Gold: 440.00
Mar 27 2012 03:23pm
Bias? Just a month ago I was going to metal,rock concerts. 5FDP, Slipknot, Disturbed among others were among the list of my favorites. Also have been to a lot of Christian rock/metal concerts. It's not like I just said one day "I'm going to attack Christian rock" and the Bible makes it completely clear. If you would have read the whole article (I have more I could post among video's, etc.) Does it mean you are going to Hell? Nope.
Does it mean you are allowing demonic spirits around you and the possibility to come inside you, yes.
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic