d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Looking Developers For Our Game!
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 18 2022 08:15pm
I have some knowledge in 3d modeling using blender
Gold: 8,633.37
Trader: Trusted
Jul 20 2022 04:51am
Quote (jevito @ Jul 19 2022 04:15am)
I have some knowledge in 3d modeling using blender

Sending you a PM very soon my friend :-))

Quote (meeeeese @ Jul 18 2022 11:50pm)
Could you pm me some discord info or something? I'm a fairly new developer but am pretty efficient at learning whichever frameworks/libraries are needed. I am kinda just taking experience where I can get it. I've included a link to my new developer page built using threejs (3d modeling/texturing). Currently must be ran locally because as I upload with a CDN for threejs things start to break. :)

let me know.

https://github.com/meeseLoL/threejs-github-pages-deployment

Mailed you buddy! :thumbsup:
Gold: 144.30
Jul 20 2022 05:40pm
Quote (Karan2_Returned @ 5 Jul 2022 04:46)
Are you going to open-source every asset and give away the final product for free? Then you are right, it is not illegal, and I am deeply sorry for stating so.
You did however mention royalties, so as soon as there is even a single dollar of revenue involved what you are doing becomes illegal.

I've been working as a software developer for over six years now, and I can tell anyone interested that joining such a project is not a good way to learn.
Better options would be:
>former education such a college
>an internship at an established company, either paid or unpaid, where you get a mentor assigned and get actual references
>doing your own fun projects that are small enough in scope that you can plan and execute everything by yourself
>joining an open source project that has a mentor program

My problem is that you are trying to deceive others in hope to have someone do the grunt work for you for free, while trying to look like a saint who is only trying to help poor devs gain some real work experience.

I have a college degree.
Graduated with highest honors.
Know the reason it's hard to find a job? Because the vast majority want 1-3 years of experience...
Also, not everyone is lucky enough to be able to take an unpaid internship... We have bills to pay.

Also, there are many games that have succeeded that started of just the same as this.
Last Epoch is a great example. Started as a thread on reddit asking who wanted to make an arpg..

Gold: 1,630.69
Jul 21 2022 12:26am
Quote (bodierox @ Jul 21 2022 01:40am)
I have a college degree.
Graduated with highest honors.
Know the reason it's hard to find a job? Because the vast majority want 1-3 years of experience...
Also, not everyone is lucky enough to be able to take an unpaid internship... We have bills to pay.

Also, there are many games that have succeeded that started of just the same as this.
Last Epoch is a great example. Started as a thread on reddit asking who wanted to make an arpg..

So let me get this straight. The point you are trying to make is that if someone has bills to pay they should work on this project for free?.
Last Epoch is indeed a great example. They prepared eye candy for a kickstarter campaign then used the money from kickstarter to compensate the developers.
Gold: 0.87
Jul 23 2022 06:09pm
I can draw you a ultra great sword for free lol.

This post was edited by KDACardano on Jul 23 2022 06:25pm
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll