d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > More Drama In The Trump Reality Show
12320Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
May 16 2017 06:49pm
WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

Mr. Comey shared the existence of the memo with senior F.B.I. officials and close associates. The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo, which is unclassified, but one of Mr. Comey’s associates read parts of the memo to a Times reporter.

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey that Mr. Flynn had done nothing wrong, according to the memo.

Mr. Comey did not say anything to Mr. Trump about curtailing the investigation, only replying: “I agree he is a good guy.”

In a statement, the White House denied the version of events in the memo.

“While the president has repeatedly expressed his view that General Flynn is a decent man who served and protected our country, the president has never asked Mr. Comey or anyone else to end any investigation, including any investigation involving General Flynn,” the statement said. “The president has the utmost respect for our law enforcement agencies, and all investigations. This is not a truthful or accurate portrayal of the conversation between the president and Mr. Comey.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html?mtrref=t.co

The article goes on, open the link up to read the rest.

I guess this is what an administration looks like when it's run like a business.

This post was edited by IceMage on May 16 2017 06:50pm
Gold: 2,151.00
May 16 2017 06:58pm
Trump is sketchy.
Gold: 28,296.75
May 16 2017 07:05pm
another thread for goom and void to hack

excellence to meme

lefties to cry

see you guys in a few pages if I make it through the landmines
Gold: 17,384.69
May 16 2017 07:06pm
keep trump in charge please he's funny

btw he just said "i hope", and not "im asking you" ...
Gold: 2.70
May 16 2017 07:16pm
The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo, which is unclassified, but one of Mr. Comey’s associates read parts of the memo to a Times reporter.

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo.

two people who read the memo

k
May 16 2017 07:20pm
Quote (Warlock316 @ May 16 2017 06:16pm)

k

two Comey associates reading a memo and reporting on it is about 100x more credible than pretty much anything the republicans have had to say for the last nearly 2 decades
May 16 2017 07:27pm
Quote (Beowulf @ May 16 2017 08:05pm)
another thread for goom and void to hack

excellence to meme

lefties to cry

see you guys in a few pages if I make it through the landmines

I appreciate the spirit of what you said, but to be honest you are just participating in the minimization of the crazy shit Trump does. He's our president, we have to hold him accountable regardless of whether we are surprised that he does these things.
Gold: 14,530.00
May 16 2017 07:31pm
Need Goom to post the Ebola scale.

What do we got here about .4 -.5?
May 16 2017 07:33pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 16 2017 08:31pm)
Need Goom to post the Ebola scale.

What do we got here about .4 -.5?

We'll have to get another scale for your reaction if Hillary Clinton did the same thing.
May 16 2017 07:34pm
Quote (IceMage @ May 16 2017 06:27pm)
I appreciate the spirit of what you said, but to be honest you are just participating in the minimization of the crazy shit Trump does. He's our president, we have to hold him accountable regardless of whether we are surprised that he does these things.

It doesn't matter what crazy shit he does or what crazy shit his haters take offense to or what precedent he breaks because he has maintained the support of big republican donors through ALL of the crap which means he is doing enough to still make them happy and when they are happy your party leaders sit and bark when told.

He hasn't been held accountable in 70 years thanks to his genetic lottery win. The left doesn't have the power and the right doesn't have the balls to do a damn thing but the same shit they do every single day with every single "catastrophe"

Until the big donors leave your party none of this truly matters, he won't be held accountable, and ain't nobody gonna impeach him

This post was edited by Beowulf on May 16 2017 07:35pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12320Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll