d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev19459469479489493169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,504.69
Nov 1 2016 08:15am
Quote (excellence @ Nov 1 2016 08:12am)
failed 'Republican' primary candidate voting for a guy who is still apologizing on behalf of the President's parents for naming him Hussein. thanks for the late news update.

Jon Kasich won the primary. He took his name recognition from zero to a national level, stayed off the insult wagon, and avoided getting on his knees for the Orange overlord and the taste left in his mouth that taints him moving forward. Christie and Giuliani are done politically the day Trump loses, as is Trump. Kasich will carry on.

Quote (IceMage @ Nov 1 2016 08:15am)
It was. Leo goes to different areas of the globe and basically observes how humanity is destroying the earth, what current impact climate change is having on people and what future impact it could have. Leo even talks to Kerry and Obama.

I saw the Obama talk in the preview, i'll def watch.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Nov 1 2016 08:16am
Gold: 57.00
Nov 1 2016 08:19am
Quote (thesnipa @ 1 Nov 2016 10:15)
Jon Kasich won the primary. He took his name recognition from zero to a national level, stayed off the insult wagon, and avoided getting on his knees for the Orange overlord and the taste left in his mouth that taints him moving forward. Christie and Giuliani are done politically the day Trump loses, as is Trump. Kasich will carry on.

to the next all you can eat deli yeah
Gold: 5,016.77
Nov 1 2016 08:23am
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 1 2016 09:15am)

Christie's last political hope was to have a position in a Trump administration. He's politically dead from bridgegate... even Trump realized he couldn't put him on the ticket, even though he wanted to.

Concerning the documentary, it's really incredible how anti-intellectual/anti-science the GOP is on the climate change issue. Most Republican voters don't accept the science.... which is why it's going to be decades before significant progress is made on that front.
Nov 1 2016 08:23am
Quote (excellence @ Nov 1 2016 08:19am)
to the next all you can eat deli yeah

he'll be on stage in 2020, you mark my words. Might even snatch of a VP spot next time, i have no delusions he'll win.

Quote (IceMage @ Nov 1 2016 08:23am)
Christie's last political hope was to have a position in a Trump administration. He's politically dead from bridgegate... even Trump realized he couldn't put him on the ticket, even though he wanted to.

Concerning the documentary, it's really incredible how anti-intellectual/anti-science the GOP is on the climate change issue. Most Republican voters don't accept the science.... which is why it's going to be decades before significant progress is made on that front.

yup Christie's shot at Department of Transportation head wen't bye bye with bridgegate :rofl:

I don't know if he'd get a cabinet nod even if Trump won, aka he tanked himself for zero gain.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Nov 1 2016 08:25am
Gold: 57.00
Nov 1 2016 08:27am
Quote (thesnipa @ 1 Nov 2016 10:23)
he'll be on stage in 2020, you mark my words. Might even snatch of a VP spot next time, i have no delusions he'll win.

yup Christie's shot at Department of Transportation head wen't bye bye with bridgegate :rofl:

I don't know if he'd get a cabinet nod even if Trump won, aka he tanked himself for zero gain.

ill turn on the Democrat primary debates in ~3.5 years to make sure!
Nov 1 2016 08:30am
Quote (excellence @ Nov 1 2016 08:27am)
ill turn on the Democrat primary debates in ~3.5 years to make sure!

He'll be on the GOP stage with 3-4 other candidates, and there will be a B-stage and a C-Stage. Mark my words again, that's how they'll prevent Trump 2020. Put him on stage with 3 sharks instead of 10 dummies and 2 sharks and he won't make it past primary. That's assuming they don't adopt more unpledged delegates to even make a run for Trump in 2020 impossible.
Gold: 8,933.00
Nov 1 2016 09:18am
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2016/10/was_a_server_registered_to_the_trump_organization_communicating_with_russia.html

It's a long read, and it also goes out of its way to remind that strong suggestions are not conclusions. However, there is a large amount of circumstantial evidence to indicate that Trump has been in direct communications with Russian bankers with close ties to Putin. The question I have is, is Trump being played like a Stradivarius?
Nov 1 2016 09:21am
Quote (Santara @ Nov 1 2016 09:18am)
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2016/10/was_a_server_registered_to_the_trump_organization_communicating_with_russia.html

It's a long read, and it also goes out of its way to remind that strong suggestions are not conclusions. However, there is a large amount of circumstantial evidence to indicate that Trump has been in direct communications with Russian bankers with close ties to Putin. The question I have is, is Trump being played like a Stradivarius?

The Red Scare is in. Not shocking info given the money he has abroad and the money Oligarchs over there have abroad. Hard not to end up in the same web.
Gold: 5,016.77
Nov 1 2016 09:55am
Quote (ThatAlex @ Oct 31 2016 03:52pm)
Yes. Feeding sanctioned debate questions to HRC during the Primary Debates and the General Election Debates. Giving scripted interview transcripts to Hillary Clinton. Selectively displaying poll and survey results in a way that makes Democrats look better and Republicans look worse.

Also, just examine the language of the station as it pertains to HRC. They called the FBI's probe of HRC during her criminal investigation a "meeting." They consistently cover what some random racist Trump supporter said at a rally on pretty much every day HRC has a huge negative scandal hit her in the press. Brooke Baldwin is one of the most biased pundits I've seen this election cycle, probably only a couple pegs down from Sean Hannity.

Are you really not able to see the slant of CNN? And it's sad, because they are known as the least biased/most moderate major news network in America, so it's really a huge wasted opportunity for them to give fair news to the American people. Instead, they are trash news organization who would rather cover a plane crash for two months than discuss real topics facing America and the world.

Speaking of trying to appear more objective, you've been a walking and talking argumentum ad temperantiam this election cycle with your support of HRC. Your party just nominated a shit candidate, that doesn't all of a sudden make you more reasonable for supporting the blatantly obvious candidate.

Me? I don't care if I look reasonable or not, I just try to be correct. I'm not afraid to admit I'm a Liberal, even if that comes with the label of "partisan hack", because I don't believe that the middle is always correct and the best option. It's a popular logical fallacy, especially during an election time when both candidates are so disliked, but I think it's a fact at this point that CNN is biased in favor of Democrats and Hillary Clinton. Make of that what you will.

Donna Brazile fed a couple debate questions to Hillary's campaign. CNN is denying their employees had any part of it, and some think a TVone employee leaked one of the questions. Some suspect Roland Martin(who is at TVone) fed her a couple questions. So, it's unfair to say that CNN was trying to help out the Clinton campaign. A CNN contributor and another person connected to debate prep(who wasn't a CNN employee) are probably responsible. I'm not sure what you mean by selectively displaying polls... Trump has been down in the polls for months, and choosing to avoid polls that are outliers seems like good journalism to me, don't you think?

The establishment media has never had to cover a presidential candidate like Trump. Romney and McCain weren't saying crazy shit or dealing with sexual assault allegations every day. This is how cable news works.. they cover the most recent issues for the campaign. CNN has spent much of their coverage in recent days focusing on the FBI reopening the investigation into Hillary. It'll probably dominate the coverage until election day, until Trump does something stupid, or more oppo research comes out. I don't watch the news at 12 PM so I don't know Brooke Baldwin, but I suspect she spends a bunch of time covering Trump because he's a historically bad candidate with new problems every week.

I think every network is biased in some way, most in favor of political norms. Believe me, if Trump had run a disciplined campaign, didn't attack the Khan family, didn't call Mexicans rapists, didn't propose a Muslim ban, didn't suggest throwing Hillary in jail, didn't say John McCain isn't a war hero, didn't focus on Alicia Machado, didn't talk to Billy Bush about groping women, didn't sexually assault multiple women in the past, CNN would be covering him much differently. In fact, and Pollster has said this before, the media would love to cover the outsider, underdog, populist candidate beating the quintessential establishment candidate. That's good television.

Perhaps you should google argumentum ad temperantiam... because it has nothing to do with my viewpoints. I've become more moderate in the past couple years on some issues, and Hillary better represents my views as compared to Donald Trump.

Gold: 9,164.33
Nov 1 2016 09:57am
Quote (Santara @ Nov 1 2016 07:18am)

already been debunked
Quote (IceMage @ Nov 1 2016 07:55am)
Donna Brazile fed a couple debate questions to Hillary's campaign. CNN is denying their employees had any part of it, and some think a TVone employee leaked one of the questions. Some suspect Roland Martin(who is at TVone) fed her a couple questions. So, it's unfair to say that CNN was trying to help out the Clinton campaign. A CNN contributor and another person connected to debate prep(who wasn't a CNN employee) are probably responsible. I'm not sure what you mean by selectively displaying polls... Trump has been down in the polls for months, and choosing to avoid polls that are outliers seems like good journalism to me, don't you think?

The establishment media has never had to cover a presidential candidate like Trump. Romney and McCain weren't saying crazy shit or dealing with sexual assault allegations every day. This is how cable news works.. they cover the most recent issues for the campaign. CNN has spent much of their coverage in recent days focusing on the FBI reopening the investigation into Hillary. It'll probably dominate the coverage until election day, until Trump does something stupid, or more oppo research comes out. I don't watch the news at 12 PM so I don't know Brooke Baldwin, but I suspect she spends a bunch of time covering Trump because he's a historically bad candidate with new problems every week.

I think every network is biased in some way, most in favor of political norms. Believe me, if Trump had run a disciplined campaign, didn't attack the Khan family, didn't call Mexicans rapists, didn't propose a Muslim ban, didn't suggest throwing Hillary in jail, didn't say John McCain isn't a war hero, didn't focus on Alicia Machado, didn't talk to Billy Bush about groping women, didn't sexually assault multiple women in the past, CNN would be covering him much differently. In fact, and Pollster has said this before, the media would love to cover the outsider, underdog, populist candidate beating the quintessential establishment candidate. That's good television.

Perhaps you should google argumentum ad temperantiam... because it has nothing to do with my viewpoints. I've become more moderate in the past couple years on some issues, and Hillary better represents my views as compared to Donald Trump.

enough to vote for abortion apparently

This post was edited by majorblood on Nov 1 2016 10:00am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev19459469479489493169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll