d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev19419429439449453169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,620.00
Oct 31 2016 02:52pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 31 Oct 2016 15:33)
Or maybe a guy who sifts a webforum that provides plenty of biased and objective news sources that he can read in print turns on the TV for entertaining coverage of shill'd out surrogates and biased as fuck pundits simply for the entertainment of it all.

I guess you need to censor biased viewpoints so that they don't accidentally affect your viewpoint, that sucks....

You think he watches it for entertainment? He has said time and time again the CNN is his primary news source, watches it almost every night, and think it's a good news source.

Also, no one is immune to being influenced by spin, no matter how smart you are or how much you think it doesn't affect you. Humans are very easily influenced, especially by things we see (videos, watching), more so than what we read, which tends to use a less reactionary part of the brain. I think reading news is inherently better than watching it when you control for slant.

Quote (IceMage @ 31 Oct 2016 15:36)
It's a fact that CNN is in the tank for the Democrats and Hillary Clinton? What are you basing that on? A few emails where people that work for CNN are doing what media people do to gain/maintain access? This is more about your ignorance of how things work than anything extraordinary about CNN.

I've been paying attention to politics long enough that I could frame the arguments from Trump/Hillary supporters before they even make them on television. If you are a dullard and aren't capable of separating spin from legitimate commentary, stick to the monotone voices at NPR.

Yes. Feeding sanctioned debate questions to HRC during the Primary Debates and the General Election Debates. Giving scripted interview transcripts to Hillary Clinton. Selectively displaying poll and survey results in a way that makes Democrats look better and Republicans look worse.

Also, just examine the language of the station as it pertains to HRC. They called the FBI's probe of HRC during her criminal investigation a "meeting." They consistently cover what some random racist Trump supporter said at a rally on pretty much every day HRC has a huge negative scandal hit her in the press. Brooke Baldwin is one of the most biased pundits I've seen this election cycle, probably only a couple pegs down from Sean Hannity.

Are you really not able to see the slant of CNN? And it's sad, because they are known as the least biased/most moderate major news network in America, so it's really a huge wasted opportunity for them to give fair news to the American people. Instead, they are trash news organization who would rather cover a plane crash for two months than discuss real topics facing America and the world.

Speaking of trying to appear more objective, you've been a walking and talking argumentum ad temperantiam this election cycle with your support of HRC. Your party just nominated a shit candidate, that doesn't all of a sudden make you more reasonable for supporting the blatantly obvious candidate.

Me? I don't care if I look reasonable or not, I just try to be correct. I'm not afraid to admit I'm a Liberal, even if that comes with the label of "partisan hack", because I don't believe that the middle is always correct and the best option. It's a popular logical fallacy, especially during an election time when both candidates are so disliked, but I think it's a fact at this point that CNN is biased in favor of Democrats and Hillary Clinton. Make of that what you will.
Gold: 9,164.33
Oct 31 2016 02:54pm
Hillary asking Comey to release all the information is laughable on multiple levels. He legally cannot release the specifics of an FBI investigation during the investigation and Hillary pretending she wants to be transparent about her email server is contradictory to her behavior related her email server. It's evident by her choice of words and body language during the press conference that she's very worried.
Gold: 23.00
Oct 31 2016 02:54pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Oct 31 2016 04:41pm)
He maybe found something that might contain something that could possibly be evidence*

And in order to find out if it is he must investigate... Oh wow doesn't that make sense... Well at least to everyone but Hillary supporters. I take that back....Hillary homers is more accurate. Some supporters aren't blindly following her.

This post was edited by fuzzy159 on Oct 31 2016 02:59pm
Gold: 40.42
Oct 31 2016 03:06pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ 31 Oct 2016 12:54)
And in order to find out if it is he must investigate... Oh wow doesn't that make sense... Well at least to everyone but Hillary supporters. I take that back....Hillary homers is more accurate. Some supporters aren't blindly following her.

Makes perfect sense that he'd have to investigate. Makes zero sense that he'd put out a statement based on absolutely no kind of real evidence that there's anything that's actually related to Hillary until he's looked, tho.

Still, it'll be for the best, just so the Trumpies can't cry that it was held back until after the election after she wins.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 31 2016 03:11pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Oct 31 2016 04:54pm)

Never seen the Fbi make a statement that quickly, he literally learned about it the day before. They won't comment on any case within that time frame. I could understand if they actually had something but it sounds like nothing
Oct 31 2016 03:14pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Oct 31 2016 05:06pm)
Makes perfect sense that he'd have to investigate. Makes zero sense that he'd put out a statement based on absolutely no kind of real evidence that there's anything that's actually related to Hillary until he's looked, tho.

Still, it'll be for the best, just so the Trumpies can't cry that it was held back until after the election after she wins.

So they can't say that they are investigating...? He just said what he's doing. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe she shouldn't have put herself in this situation.

If this was Trump you all would be doing the exact same thing conservatives are doing. Stop trying to act like you guys are any better lol.

This post was edited by fuzzy159 on Oct 31 2016 03:15pm
Oct 31 2016 03:17pm
I think with Comey's initial response he did not have absolute proof of Clinton's intent but laid it out in great detail to the American public that she was incompetent, negligent, and if she was a worker under him in the FBI her access to confidential information would be revoked. He knew he could not indict her but he wanted to make the case to the American people that she should not be trusted. Now with new information on the case he's in a bind where if he waits till after the election he will be seen as working for Hillary but if he releases it when he did he'd be seen as working for Republicans. Either case he takes a fall but information being out sooner than later to the American public clearly seemed preferable to him.

This post was edited by majorblood on Oct 31 2016 03:18pm
Oct 31 2016 03:21pm
Quote (excellence @ Oct 31 2016 04:08pm)
Private e-mails providing advance notice of questions at a debate to one primary candidate and not to the other one. Secret risotto recipes didn't lead to this sacking.

It is hilarious how they are brushing this off like it isn't even a big deal lol.

Oct 31 2016 03:22pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Oct 31 2016 01:21pm)
It is hilarious how they are brushing this off like it isn't even a big deal lol.

I think Hillary supporters recognize how crooked Clinton and politicians really are and think it just doesn't matter as long as their team wins
Oct 31 2016 03:27pm
Quote (majorblood @ Oct 31 2016 05:22pm)
I think Hillary supporters recognize how crooked Clinton and politicians really are and think it just doesn't matter as long as their team wins

My favorite excuse of all time...

"Well other people/politicians do it!".

OJ killed two people. Does that give a free pass to all football players to kill 2 people? The example is a little more extreme but it is still the same concept.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev19419429439449453169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll