d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Earth Is Flat > Gods Work
Prev19394959697111Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.21
Aug 20 2016 01:04am
Quote (Sakuraba @ Jun 7 2016 12:41am)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsOz_J6tJVU

people actually youtube themself talking about this shit?
:rofl:
what a waste of a day
Gold: 1,532.01
Aug 20 2016 04:15am
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 19 2016 01:23pm)
Is the flat earth a coin? If so, why haven't most of our wars been fought underground rather than traveling over the huge oceans?

If there is no gravity why do things fall at the same speed, the speed of Earth's gravity?

I might be stupid, but if the Earth is a coin, or flat, and there is no gravity pulling people downward, what keeps people from falling off or me from jumping off of the planet? Aristotle's geocentrism justified it through things "going where they belong", earth and water went toward the middle of the Earth, the other two elements (air and fire) belonged in the sky just above the earth but not quite in heaven.

Why hasn't the Edge of the World been photographed and turned into a tourist destination?

Why can I see other planets in our solar system that rotate in predictable elliptical orbits just like Newton, Brahe, Kepler, etc, said I would? They spheres that rotate with no obvious flat surfaces or anything that breaks the spherical shape....I can look at things with a hard edge and see the difference. Rather the question at root here is why are other planets like Mars, Venus, and Saturn, ones I can see plainly through a scope, spherical, and why is Earth different?

Why is the moon locked in gravitational gridlocked facing us with a light side always light and a dark side always dark? Same for the other Moons and satellites of our planets.

I'm sure I saw someone on here say that the consensus is that the Earth is saucer-shaped rather than flat, which somehow prevents people falling off of it, and that the effect of falling you experience when you're above ground level unsupported (gravity) is actually caused by the Earth moving upwards in space at a constant speed... :rofl:
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 20 2016 07:48am
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Aug 20 2016 03:15am)
I'm sure I saw someone on here say that the consensus is that the Earth is saucer-shaped rather than flat, which somehow prevents people falling off of it, and that the effect of falling you experience when you're above ground level unsupported (gravity) is actually caused by the Earth moving upwards in space at a constant speed... :rofl:

What force pushes it upwards then I ask? And honestly I know people all over the planet and it is night time right now in lots of those place so if the world was flat how the fuck do you explain the sun being up here and not there, is every planet flat then? This theory is retarded
Aug 21 2016 01:40am
Quote (MultiMulti @ Aug 20 2016 09:48am)
What force pushes it upwards then I ask? And honestly I know people all over the planet and it is night time right now in lots of those place so if the world was flat how the fuck do you explain the sun being up here and not there, is every planet flat then? This theory is retarded

the ground if flat
earth is round
your welcome
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Aug 21 2016 02:22am
when i first heard about this whole "flat earth theory" thing (i don't think here in europe it's anywhere close to as popular as it seems to be in america), i just thought it was some kind of joke.

then i thought, since it's so obviously retarded, that maybe it's meant as a reminder to not just simply accept everything you hear or read or grow up to believe as truth but to question and challenge those things, learn about different scientific concepts, sources, and transfer of learning. that would be a good thing actually, a reasonable, even necessary message.

i only very recently discovered that there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of people who seriously believe this to be real. i have to admit, i was rather amused. i don't know what's funnier: this one or that the earth is only a couple of thousand years old? i wouldn't be surprised if there's a great overlap of people who follow these "theories"...
Aug 23 2016 11:53am
Quote (killerrs2 @ Aug 21 2016 03:40am)
the ground if flat
earth is round
your welcome

Quote (fender @ Aug 21 2016 04:22am)
when i first heard about this whole "flat earth theory" thing (i don't think here in europe it's anywhere close to as popular as it seems to be in america), i just thought it was some kind of joke.

then i thought, since it's so obviously retarded, that maybe it's meant as a reminder to not just simply accept everything you hear or read or grow up to believe as truth but to question and challenge those things, learn about different scientific concepts, sources, and transfer of learning. that would be a good thing actually, a reasonable, even necessary message.

i only very recently discovered that there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of people who seriously believe this to be real. i have to admit, i was rather amused. i don't know what's funnier: this one or that the earth is only a couple of thousand years old? i wouldn't be surprised if there's a great overlap of people who follow these "theories"...

Read what I said before rambling
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 23 2016 12:16pm
Quote (fender @ Aug 20 2016 10:22pm)

Let me clear that up
1) earth is only 1000s of years old - rofl :rofl:
2) Earth is flat but you can't handle the truth , sad but funny too
Gold: 4.00
Aug 23 2016 12:22pm
Okay ready, when ships sail to the edge of what they can see they don't fall off the edge, because the earth is a sphere and they keep on going.

Thread over.

This post was edited by PuA2 on Aug 23 2016 12:22pm
Gold: 260.11
Aug 23 2016 12:22pm
Quote (MultiMulti @ Aug 20 2016 07:48am)

The funny part was that if earth is moving up at a constant speed it wouldn't cause gravity since there is no acceleration
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 23 2016 12:23pm
Quote (PuA2 @ Aug 23 2016 12:22pm)
Okay ready, when ships sail to the edge of what they can see they don't fall off the edge, because the earth is a sphere and keeps going.

Thread over.

thats page one stuff mang.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev19394959697111Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll