d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev19293949596307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
May 4 2023 05:58am
Quote (Meanwhile @ May 4 2023 04:33am)

:)

Quote (addone @ May 4 2023 04:36am)
Rofl the picture has 2 gay male lions nice one :thumbsup:

atheism+ :)

This post was edited by TiStuff on May 4 2023 05:59am
Gold: 2,399.70
May 4 2023 06:09am
Quote (CPK001 @ May 4 2023 01:23pm)

Before I became a Christian I was looking to the things of this world for joy and happiness. Yet nothing in this world could ever truly satisfy. What is that saying, all good things must come to an end? I looked to everything, do you remember watching The Simpsons every night after dinner? Those days are long gone. Ever watch Wrestling during the attitude era? Compare that to what it is like today. I looked to games but, being an Australian, lag will always be a factor. That and there will always be someone better than you. I looked to glory in Sports but I was screwed out of a very important race that I should have won. Winning meant I would have gone onto the next round. I looked to that Sporting Club I used to go to but as the years went by, people moved on and so did I. No matter what I looked to that would give me the great joy and happiness could never deliver. Maybe short term yes but they are just memories now.

The one thing that has never, ever faltered is when I looked towards Jesus. Sure, I move onto different Churches over the years but Jesus is never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you.

This sounds like your mentality went through changes over time and I believe you that you mean what you say, but this is still extremely subjective and shallow as an answer. But its an answer at least.

I love sports too, I love games (thats why I am on d2jsp), love my friends, love my family. None of those things ever let me down and I am as happy as a human could possibly be while God or Jesus or whoever else mean absolutely nothing to me.

But okay, enough of that. You gave me an answer, which is more than I ever expected to get.
Your answer is, you pray to God because Jesus never let you down, right?

One follow up question if I may:

What would have to happen, that would make you think he let you down? Can he do whatever he wants or would there actually be the possibility of a scenario which would let you think he abandoned you?

May 4 2023 06:12am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ May 4 2023 03:28am)
1. I agree with Bertrand Russel. You should listen very carefully to that quote, look in the mirror and think about it.

2. I didnt ask you why you believe. You might wanna reread what I asked.

1. you all cock sure about that?

2. clearly I said this "i will think on it, how do i word it?" the rest of the stuff is more of an after thought. "what comes to mind right now..."

Quote (addone @ May 4 2023 03:15am)
Bible tries to sells us it was common for people to live over 900 years of age basically + 20 lifetimes
Adam – 930
Enoch – 365
Methuselah –969
Lamech – 777
Mahalalel – 895
Jared – 962
Enos – 905

The highest lifespan ever recorded was 122 years and this was basically under perfect conditions freak type of person. https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/21/longevity-expert-3-reasons-the-worlds-oldest-person-lived-to-122.html

Most people die in their 80s if they are lucky enough to reach a 100 they look like zombies. The average life span according to data and scientific examination of skeletons revealed that average lifespan of a human was around (a generous) 35-40 years old some 5000 years ago right around when bible claims without evidence that it was common for people to live almost a thousand years

Let's take a scientific data which is very accurate at this point and let's say Noah who the bible claims lived to 950 years old divide that by 40 years average = Lived +23.75 average lifetimes more than other humans. That alone should ring serious alarm bells in a rational person.

whats interesting is the conditions of the earth were different in the past. an example would be the giant sauropod dinosaurs. they could not grow to that size in todays conditions. also gigantism found in the fossil record. what these things suggest is early earth conditions were better suited for life flourishing.

earth conditions being different in the past is one of the few things both sides agree on. the disagreement comes about how it changed and/or when.
Gold: 14,569.69
May 4 2023 03:07pm
Quote (CPK001 @ May 4 2023 12:42am)
Sure is, especially to those who want to be the god of their own lives. The Bible will challenge the way you live your life. This thread is the perfect example of that. People like addone feel threatened when Jesus is proclaimed King of Kings and Lord of Lords. When Jesus is proclaimed to have the Supremacy, is the firstborn over all creation, is before all things and through him all things were created, that is a very dangerous message. It is so dangerous that people will go out of their way to come up with any excuse they can, even going as far as trying to disprove God.

If God doesn't intervene then the Bible would have ended as early as Genesis 3.

If you want to stretch it further than Genesis 11 would have been as far as it went. The Tower of Babel is one of the last things mentioned before Genesis 12.

If god intervenes it removes free will to your original point
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
May 4 2023 03:14pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (TiStuff @ May 5 2023 12:12am)
1. you all cock sure about that?

2. clearly I said this "i will think on it, how do i word it?" the rest of the stuff is more of an after thought. "what comes to mind right now..."

whats interesting is the conditions of the earth were different in the past. an example would be the giant sauropod dinosaurs. they could not grow to that size in todays conditions. also gigantism found in the fossil record. what these things suggest is early earth conditions were better suited for life flourishing.

earth conditions being different in the past is one of the few things both sides agree on. the disagreement comes about how it changed and/or when.

Did you just attempt to show how geology and archaeology of different condition help Christian argument?
Are you willfully ignorant or you legit have a learning disability?
Sauropods lived 226-60m years ago. Fossil records literally show human life span was around 35-40 years back 5000 years ago.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/longevity-throughout-history-2224054

Stop using science as you are not capable of thinking beyond a children's story book. Also would be helpful if you didn't use fossil fuels since you don't believe in them either.

This post was edited by addone on May 4 2023 03:17pm
Gold: 520.00
May 4 2023 03:40pm
Quote (addone @ May 4 2023 07:33am)
1. It's only logical to follow a list from start to finish. You suggesting they scrambled the order is possible but that's an assumption.

2. It doesn't say he created the concept of light it says he created light. You are reaching.

3. I think you are the one who didn't read genesis 2:5 it says - 5 Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth[a] and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground,
It doesn't say anything about seeds being planted it simply tells there was nothing growing.

4. That's a really big if. Besides Mr Ararat isn't the tallest mountain other mountain tops would be visible long before.

5. What do you mean withered, non perishable trees? How is this relavent?

6. So in order to for us to build "spiritual muscles" God sends a plague that kills 70000 people? What?

7. 22 For I didn’t speak to your ancestors or give them orders concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices when I brought them out of the land of Egypt.
Now where do you see a mention "in a day of" Jeremiah 7:22??

All your points are just plain ignorance, lack of comprehension or just reaching.
Hopefully I covered all your points in order. (also would be helpful if you made your points 1 or 2 per post just so we don't lose ourselves in a wall of text. Or at least number them) Thanks

You will come to find that YOU are the ignorant one here, my friend. I'm not interested in "humble-bragging" all my credentials. Let's just say I could pile them plenty high to raise eyebrows.

The first problem we have is the translation you are using. That is called a "liberal" translation. Meaning it's re-worded into modern English to make it smoother to read. The problem is: things are left out, changed, added—and some rarer cases—LITERALLY backwards from the original obvious intention. If you are going to delve into things to the degree you are, it needs to be a word-for-word translation. The best of them is still the original King James (KJV). It's harder to read in English for the unpracticed. The sentences are wonky. (It is from 400 years ago.) But they are as close to the original Hebrew/Greek as you can get right now without having to look up words constantly. There are bad translations in all versions. But I have to check FAR fewer when something sounds off with KJV than others.

Here's an example of why you are all jacked up and confused with the translation you are using. The verse we are debating in Jeremiah 7:22 has the word "yom" in it. It is Hebrew for the word "day". Your translation says nothing of a day—does it?

Until you know (and implement) this simple understanding of any true student of the Bible—which you clearly didn't—you aren't worth debating at all.
May 4 2023 03:47pm
Quote (addone @ May 4 2023 02:14pm)
Did you just attempt to show how geology and archaeology of different condition help Christian argument?
Are you willfully ignorant or you legit have a learning disability?
Sauropods lived 226-60m years ago. Fossil records literally show human life span was around 35-40 years back 5000 years ago.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/longevity-throughout-history-2224054

Stop using science as you are not capable of thinking beyond a children's story book. Also would be helpful if you didn't use fossil fuels since you don't believe in them either.

conditions on the earth where different in the past. what is disputed is the mechanism and time.

old earthers insist they know the starting conditions of a rock .......the magic people and they all cock sure about it.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 4 2023 05:02pm
Judge orders PA district to allow After School Satan Club to meet on school grounds

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/254246/judge-orders-pa-district-to-allow-after-school-satan-club-to-meet-on-school-grounds

Hail Satan
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
May 4 2023 05:35pm
Quote (bigtabasco @ May 5 2023 09:40am)
You will come to find that YOU are the ignorant one here, my friend. I'm not interested in "humble-bragging" all my credentials. Let's just say I could pile them plenty high to raise eyebrows.

The first problem we have is the translation you are using. That is called a "liberal" translation. Meaning it's re-worded into modern English to make it smoother to read. The problem is: things are left out, changed, added—and some rarer cases—LITERALLY backwards from the original obvious intention. If you are going to delve into things to the degree you are, it needs to be a word-for-word translation. The best of them is still the original King James (KJV). It's harder to read in English for the unpracticed. The sentences are wonky. (It is from 400 years ago.) But they are as close to the original Hebrew/Greek as you can get right now without having to look up words constantly. There are bad translations in all versions. But I have to check FAR fewer when something sounds off with KJV than others.

Here's an example of why you are all jacked up and confused with the translation you are using. The verse we are debating in Jeremiah 7:22 has the word "yom" in it. It is Hebrew for the word "day". Your translation says nothing of a day—does it?

Until you know (and implement) this simple understanding of any true student of the Bible—which you clearly didn't—you aren't worth debating at all.

TiStuff is this you trying to sound smart made a new account to purely simp as a Christian appologist? Credentials lol, hop back on your main at once.

Ah the old "my version is more right than your version". .. It's hard to keep up with you Christians as there are so many translations. I just use plain English one to keep it simple.
But okay fine for the sake of discussion we used kjv or direct translation of the hebrew word bə·yō·wm. It translates "in the day" not "on the day" the word yom by itself has more then one translations as it could mean day, days, time, year etc
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yom
At best you can claim though some old Hebrew dialect they had a different meaning within that context. But again you are reaching. At the end of the day you are splitting hairs trying to gain some insignificant win while ignoring the major gaping holes that is your belief system.

This post was edited by addone on May 4 2023 05:37pm
May 4 2023 07:54pm
Quote (Meanwhile @ May 4 2023 04:02pm)
Judge orders PA district to allow After School Satan Club to meet on school grounds

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/254246/judge-orders-pa-district-to-allow-after-school-satan-club-to-meet-on-school-grounds

Hail Satan

get your kids out of taxtaker school

Quote (addone @ May 4 2023 04:35pm)
TiStuff is this you trying to sound smart made a new account to purely simp as a Christian appologist? Credentials lol, hop back on your main at once.

Ah the old "my version is more right than your version". .. It's hard to keep up with you Christians as there are so many translations. I just use plain English one to keep it simple.
But okay fine for the sake of discussion we used kjv or direct translation of the hebrew word bə·yō·wm. It translates "in the day" not "on the day" the word yom by itself has more then one translations as it could mean day, days, time, year etc
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yom
At best you can claim though some old Hebrew dialect they had a different meaning within that context. But again you are reaching. At the end of the day you are splitting hairs trying to gain some insignificant win while ignoring the major gaping holes that is your belief system.

you think thats me? im flattered :)
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev19293949596307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll