d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Earth Is Flat > Gods Work
Prev19293949596111Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 252.29
Aug 18 2016 06:08pm
Quote (MaliceMizer @ Aug 18 2016 10:17pm)

You wish you could be the cream filling.
Gold: 4.77
Aug 18 2016 07:09pm
Quote (NekoSama @ 18 Aug 2016 19:08)
You wish you could be the cream filling.

I ain't shooting my wads into thin air cause there is no thin air. Shoot em into your machines :evil:

This post was edited by MaliceMizer on Aug 18 2016 07:14pm
Gold: 2,000.00
Aug 18 2016 11:54pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 16 2016 11:07am)
so you think your just posting facts? Clearly you're just mentally ill, keep strawman shitposting.

General relativity predicted that Gravitational waves existed and they were recently discovered to exist. Thoughts?
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 19 2016 12:23am
Quote (dark-soul @ Aug 18 2016 07:54pm)
General relativity predicted that Gravitational waves existed and they were recently discovered to exist. Thoughts?

Another misinterpretation to continue the ball Earth illusion

Gold: 18,470.03
Aug 19 2016 06:04am
You sound like david Weiss or whatever his name is. I posted about his podcaet like 6 months ago. At the time people just thought he was a troll. Now it's clear people like him suffer from some psychological need to believe bullshit like this. No amount of evidence will ever convince you otherwise. It's the same with every conspiracy nut job.
Gold: 285.00
Aug 19 2016 06:23am
Is the flat earth a coin? If so, why haven't most of our wars been fought underground rather than traveling over the huge oceans?

If there is no gravity why do things fall at the same speed, the speed of Earth's gravity?

I might be stupid, but if the Earth is a coin, or flat, and there is no gravity pulling people downward, what keeps people from falling off or me from jumping off of the planet? Aristotle's geocentrism justified it through things "going where they belong", earth and water went toward the middle of the Earth, the other two elements (air and fire) belonged in the sky just above the earth but not quite in heaven.

Why hasn't the Edge of the World been photographed and turned into a tourist destination?

Why can I see other planets in our solar system that rotate in predictable elliptical orbits just like Newton, Brahe, Kepler, etc, said I would? They spheres that rotate with no obvious flat surfaces or anything that breaks the spherical shape....I can look at things with a hard edge and see the difference. Rather the question at root here is why are other planets like Mars, Venus, and Saturn, ones I can see plainly through a scope, spherical, and why is Earth different?

Why is the moon locked in gravitational gridlocked facing us with a light side always light and a dark side always dark? Same for the other Moons and satellites of our planets.

Gold: 5,168.97
Aug 19 2016 06:34am
Today I remembered something that happened to me as a kid.

I was at the sea side, watching the sun set. Just as it set, I ran up a hill (about 50 meters higher), and from there I was able to witness the last 10-20 seconds of the sunset again. Additionally, from this new vantage point I spotted a boat that had disappeared past my perceived horizon at lower ground just minutes ago.

Can someone explain this phenomenon to me?
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 19 2016 06:35am
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 19 2016 06:23am)
Is the flat earth a coin? If so, why haven't most of our wars been fought underground rather than traveling over the huge oceans?

If there is no gravity why do things fall at the same speed, the speed of Earth's gravity?

I might be stupid, but if the Earth is a coin, or flat, and there is no gravity pulling people downward, what keeps people from falling off or me from jumping off of the planet? Aristotle's geocentrism justified it through things "going where they belong", earth and water went toward the middle of the Earth, the other two elements (air and fire) belonged in the sky just above the earth but not quite in heaven.

Why hasn't the Edge of the World been photographed and turned into a tourist destination?

Why can I see other planets in our solar system that rotate in predictable elliptical orbits just like Newton, Brahe, Kepler, etc, said I would? They spheres that rotate with no obvious flat surfaces or anything that breaks the spherical shape....I can look at things with a hard edge and see the difference. Rather the question at root here is why are other planets like Mars, Venus, and Saturn, ones I can see plainly through a scope, spherical, and why is Earth different?

Why is the moon locked in gravitational gridlocked facing us with a light side always light and a dark side always dark? Same for the other Moons and satellites of our planets.

And just like that, the can of worms was open.

I will say tho you might want to look at the flar earth model to better critique it, its actually quite interesting. For instance, there is no "edge of the earth" definitively on the model, Antarctica makes up the entire outter edge of the known part of the flat earth model, with the north pole directly in center. So to them what we see as a pole on the southern side of the planet is actually a wall of ice all the way around their model with everything in the middle. That's why circumnavigation is possible on their model, problematic but possible.

overall though if you're asking them to answer things about their model you won't get an "i dont know", they'll quite literally make things up in real time with psuedo science terms to make it sound passable. Example: if we have no gravity what keeps us all on the flat earth and why do all things fall at equal speeds? Answer: some sort of electromagnatism that acts on all object, metalic and nonmetalic alike, in the exact same manner no matter whan their metal content. its a yet undiscovered type of magnetism because after scientists "discovered" gravity they never kept looking. Its always some nonsensical untested theory with just enough spiteful skepticism to give it face validity to those who naturally mistrust authority.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 19 2016 11:32pm
Message me some information on this would be interested to check it out, right away I am going to say that you can go out at night and watch satelites (hard to see but you can) orbiting our planet. If the world was flat it would be VERY WELL KNOWN by the many many different people controlling satelites and word would get out.
Gold: 4.77
Aug 20 2016 12:55am
Quote (MultiMulti @ 20 Aug 2016 00:32)
Message me some information on this would be interested to check it out, right away I am going to say that you can go out at night and watch satelites (hard to see but you can) orbiting our planet. If the world was flat it would be VERY WELL KNOWN by the many many different people controlling satelites and word would get out.

The satellites are mostly only in the northern hemisphere and they could be floating the magnetic currents or riding the slipstream. There was like like 600k "people" working on the Manhattan project and that didn't really get out until after Hiroshima.

/e earlier in the thread I posted a confirmation of cubesats being launched from the ISS and being spotted by student civilians later, but deoribit imminent.

This post was edited by MaliceMizer on Aug 20 2016 12:58am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev19293949596111Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll