d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev19219229239249253169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,504.69
Oct 19 2016 01:18pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Oct 19 2016 01:14pm)
That's such nonsense, Sanders and even Johnson and Stein had vastly highest likability ratings than Clinton or Trump, so no, it's not the climate, it's maybe that she's been the subject of scandal after scandal of corruption accusations more than almost any other politician, or that her demeanor is constantly described as cold and insincere.

To say Trump's rating is actually accurate but Clinton's isn't is just extreme bias.

Its not hard to see why Jay would fight the accuracy of likability ratings. If he doesn't spin it he may be forced to address his own bullshit and realize he's talking into an echo chamber as much as the Trumpets most of the time.
Gold: 22,164.69
Oct 19 2016 01:21pm
Quote (Pollster @ Oct 19 2016 12:01pm)
You're kidding yourself if you think that Clinton doesn't have charisma, she can line up the 20,000-people crowds just like everyone else. Hers is a different kind of appeal than Obama's but people still cheer. She's got a steely-ness and a respectability to her that people can't help but admire; that's why everyone who has worked with her (practically uniformly) praises her for her work ethic, determination, commitment to her work, and her values. That's what you hear over and over again when you ignore the alternate Faux reality and a political press that plays by "Clinton Rules."

The people who have so radically misjudged Clinton's popularity have been a constant source of entertainment for me over these past 2 years. They've stupidly bought into meaningless media tropes about rallies and poll numbers without the proper context and all the while Clinton dominated the Democratic primary and dominated the general election, too.

So the single most disliked mainstream US presidential candidate of all time (trump is an outsider and jackson was popular with the common folk), who has been intentionally kept away from cameras the entire election season, has charisma because of her "steely-ness"
I'm new to this whole doublespeak thing where you find some way to praise clinton for the light shining out of the orifices that are her most obvious and glaring weakness that you deny exists.
If we were playing Sim Election, her charisma slider would be at 0/10.
Gold: 152.00
Oct 19 2016 01:25pm
This is a great watch. Second half is on Hilary's difficulty connecting to the people and how she and her team try to improve that.

Gold: 20.31
Oct 19 2016 01:32pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 19 2016 12:21pm)
So the single most disliked mainstream US presidential candidate of all time (trump is an outsider and jackson was popular with the common folk), who has been intentionally kept away from cameras the entire election season, has charisma because of her "steely-ness"
I'm new to this whole doublespeak thing where you find some way to praise clinton for the light shining out of the orifices that are her most obvious and glaring weakness that you deny exists.
If we were playing Sim Election, her charisma slider would be at 0/10.

Again this is just pablum, and it makes for the worst of outdated conventional wisdom: Clinton's done 4 press conferences and taken questions 10 times in the last 4 weeks; Trump's last press conference was in July. This whole "herp derp, most disliked candidates of all time" tripe doesn't mean anything without the proper context. Saying it over and over again is pointless unless you're just trying to clarify that you've heard a piece of information many times, but don't understand anything at all about it.

Quote (Voyaging @ Oct 19 2016 12:14pm)
That's such nonsense, Sanders and even Johnson and Stein had vastly highest likability ratings than Clinton or Trump, so no, it's not the climate, it's maybe that she's been the subject of scandal after scandal of corruption accusations more than almost any other politician, or that her demeanor is constantly described as cold and insincere.

To say Trump's rating is actually accurate but Clinton's isn't is just extreme bias.

Who said Trump's rating is "actually accurate but Clinton's isn't?" That's... not even remotely what's being argued. We can't pretend that a -9% favorability rating (Clinton) and a -32% favorability rating (Trump) are the same thing. They aren't the same thing, even if they're both real. Clinton's is in line with our climate, Trump's is not.

The people you listed aren't major party nominees. Their name rec. isn't compatible, nothing about them is compatible.

Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 19 2016 12:09pm)
Steeliness and Charismatic simply aren't synonyms. Clinton isn't charismatic, I'm not sure why you have to post an essay just to challenge a pretty objectively easy call to make. Especially when there's no real correlation between charismatic leaders and effective leaders.

But then again I'm sure the ongoing dynamic of HRC having a hard time connecting to people is shot by your anecdotes and talk of historical trends...

I think I figured out why you like HRC so much, your charisma levels are just so similar. thank god you have the steeliness that allows you to change so many minds around here.

Well I'll leave the usage of those words to your opinion, and it's a shitty one. I'd say it took about 15 seconds to post the three-line paragraph that described said traits that people respect about Clinton. That's not an essay (unless you're even dumber than you appear). There doesn't have to be a correlation between charismatic leaders and effective leaders, and no one made that argument; someone merely commented on her charisma and I did the same. I don't really give a shit if posting basic facts gets in the way of what you think is an "objectively easy" call. That's going to happen a lot because you're uninformed.

I've never had any intention of changing any minds here, I don't want to. I fully hope to keep the forum exactly the way it is.
Gold: 2,504.69
Oct 19 2016 01:38pm
Quote (Pollster @ Oct 19 2016 01:32pm)
whole bunch of word salad when i could have just said, "ok guys you got me she's not very charismatic, especially following up a guy like Obama. But she's still the best candidate."

yup. I get it though, it's not easy to admit you're wrong when instead you can write up a few page essay that says essentially nothing while simultaneously not convincing anyone except yourself with the spin.
Gold: 2,009.99
Oct 19 2016 01:39pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 19 2016 01:51pm)
I was actually just surprised that her dick is lodged so far in your ass that you've now devolved to clapping back at those who call her an unpopular or uncharismatic candidate. On top of that you said "she's charismatic"....with steeliness" which are exact opposites in my opinion, certainly not synonyms by anyones opinion.

Lmao
Gold: 9,164.33
Oct 19 2016 04:32pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Oct 19 2016 10:06am)
What's D+34? What's the issue?

I don't know what you're getting this from, but Clinton is one of the most disliked candidates in recent history (second only to Trump). Her coworkers may like her but the public does not.

democrats are being over sampled by a ridiculous amount for polls
Gold: 252.29
Oct 19 2016 04:38pm
Quote (majorblood @ Oct 19 2016 10:32pm)
democrats are being over sampled by a ridiculous amount for polls

I wonder if they are polling illegal aliens too.

Gold: 57.00
Oct 19 2016 04:49pm

Fauxahontas like (C)linton is often confused
Gold: 252.29
Oct 19 2016 05:08pm
Quote (excellence @ Oct 19 2016 10:49pm)
https://i.redd.it/r58phgsecisx.png

Fauxahontas like (C)linton is often confused

Fucks Qua Haunt Us need a good old fashioned duck slapping.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev19219229239249253169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll