d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev19209219229239243169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 57.00
Oct 19 2016 12:38pm
Quote (Pollster @ 19 Oct 2016 14:30)
But this is where the context matters, and where people have gotten the election (and Clinton) so wrong: we're in the middle of a period when essentially all politicians are unpopular.

reflects the trash that gets put into government positions, no?
we can't blame this on you entirely though since you went 0-3 in the 2014 midterm elections. undoubtedly, whatever trash you were hawking then would have been far worse.

Obligatory: another day, another thanks for the fucking laugh!
Gold: 20.31
Oct 19 2016 12:45pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 19 2016 11:31am)
Its really hard to even tell if you believe your own posts. Congrats?

I mean those are just basic facts. If you're telling me that you don't believe the data that are either stated outright in the posts, or that is drawn upon in them, then congratulations: you just outed yourself as being completely, hilariously clueless.
Gold: 2,504.69
Oct 19 2016 12:51pm
Quote (Pollster @ Oct 19 2016 12:45pm)
I mean those are just basic facts. If you're telling me that you don't believe the data that are either stated outright in the posts, or that is drawn upon in them, then congratulations: you just outed yourself as being completely, hilariously clueless.

I was actually just surprised that her dick is lodged so far in your ass that you've now devolved to clapping back at those who call her an unpopular or uncharismatic candidate. On top of that you said "she's charismatic"....with steeliness" which are exact opposites in my opinion, certainly not synonyms by anyones opinion.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Oct 19 2016 12:51pm
Oct 19 2016 12:53pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 19 Oct 2016 14:51)
I was actually just surprised that her dick is lodged so far in your ass that you've now devolved to clapping back at those who call her an unpopular or uncharismatic candidate. On top of that you said "she's charismatic"....with steeliness" which are exact opposites in my opinion, certainly not synonyms by anyones opinion.

he doesn't know what those words mean. some mid-level manager handed him a list of phrases and told him to write it

This post was edited by excellence on Oct 19 2016 12:53pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 19 2016 12:58pm
Once we're done with Pollster, can we acknowledge that Trump called for open borders in a 2013 op-ed?

Thanks.
Oct 19 2016 01:00pm
Quote (IceMage @ Oct 19 2016 12:58pm)
Once we're done with Pollster, can we acknowledge that Trump called for open borders in a 2013 op-ed?

Thanks.

If Hilldog misses this during her debate tonight she's a fool. The only reason I see it not making it is she couldn't focus group or polish it enough in a day! Then again she's likely known about it for weeks, she's got to have a whole team that does nothing but dig the bowels of the internet for anything with Trump's name on it.

Let's not forge that getting called a flip flopper killed Kerry, could do the same to Trump tonight (not that he's doing anything but lying twitching full of bullets anyways)

This post was edited by thesnipa on Oct 19 2016 01:00pm
Gold: 20.31
Oct 19 2016 01:04pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 19 2016 11:51am)

As I said, these are basic facts. If you're stupid enough to take issue with them then congratulations on exposing how truly little you understand re: the subject matter you discuss here every day. Which fact do you want to take issue with first: that we're in a period of historic disapproval with politicians? That Romney previously held the same title? That no politician has net positive favs outside lame-duck Obama? That Clinton has similar favs to other natl. leaders controlling for name rec.? That Obama's favs are higher than hers? That he's the most popular pol in the country? That he too had underwater ratings for much of his second term?

Maybe the problem is that you simply have a shit vocabulary. If you think "steeliness" is the opposite of charismatic then certainly your opinion is shit if nothing else, since the actual definition -- tough, durable -- comports well to the other traits that I listed that she's commonly praised for. These things are in the same vein that Trump himself praised her for in the second debate.

Thanks for the entertainment.
Oct 19 2016 01:09pm
Quote (Pollster @ Oct 19 2016 01:04pm)
As I said, these are basic facts. If you're stupid enough to take issue with them then congratulations on exposing how truly little you understand re: the subject matter you discuss here every day. Which fact do you want to take issue with first: that we're in a period of historic disapproval with politicians? That Romney previously held the same title? That no politician has net positive favs outside lame-duck Obama? That Clinton has similar favs to other natl. leaders controlling for name rec.? That Obama's favs are higher than hers? That he's the most popular pol in the country? That he too had underwater ratings for much of his second term?

Maybe the problem is that you simply have a shit vocabulary. If you think "steeliness" is the opposite of charismatic then certainly your opinion is shit if nothing else, since the actual definition -- tough, durable -- comports well to the other traits that I listed that she's commonly praised for. These things are in the same vein that Trump himself praised her for in the second debate.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Steeliness and Charismatic simply aren't synonyms. Clinton isn't charismatic, I'm not sure why you have to post an essay just to challenge a pretty objectively easy call to make. Especially when there's no real correlation between charismatic leaders and effective leaders.

But then again I'm sure the ongoing dynamic of HRC having a hard time connecting to people is shot by your anecdotes and talk of historical trends...

I think I figured out why you like HRC so much, your charisma levels are just so similar. thank god you have the steeliness that allows you to change so many minds around here.
Gold: 152.00
Oct 19 2016 01:14pm
Quote (Pollster @ Oct 19 2016 02:30pm)
But this is where the context matters, and where people have gotten the election (and Clinton) so wrong: we're in the middle of a period when essentially all politicians are unpopular. Simply saying "candidate x is the most disliked candidate in recent history" doesn't mean anything on its own (outside of Trump, who really is setting a historic low), especially when that statement was also true four years earlier for Mitt Romney in late April 2012 when he finally emerged from the GOP primary. The public doesn't like anyone, so judging by that metric is nonsensical. There's nothing about Clinton that makes her notably unpopular relative to other national leaders that match her profile and name recognition. She doesn't have the favorability rating of Obama, who is the most-popular politician in the country, but the same is true of literally every other politician. Obama didn't have the favorability of Obama for much of his second term, he only reacquired it once focus moved onto his possible successors.

A net -9% favorability rating is not notably unpopular for this climate. The mistake people make is trying to compare her rating to previous politician's ratings without factoring in how much more unpopular today's politicians are.

That's such nonsense, Sanders and even Johnson and Stein had vastly highest likability ratings than Clinton or Trump, so no, it's not the climate, it's maybe that she's been the subject of scandal after scandal of corruption accusations more than almost any other politician, or that her demeanor is constantly described as cold and insincere.

To say Trump's rating is actually accurate but Clinton's isn't is just extreme bias.
Oct 19 2016 01:17pm
Quote (Voyaging @ 19 Oct 2016 15:14)

To say Trump's rating is actually accurate but Clinton's isn't is just extreme bias.

trump isnt his daddie hillary is
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev19209219229239243169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll