d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev19199209219229233169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 40.42
Oct 19 2016 10:39am
Quote (j0ltk0la @ 19 Oct 2016 08:26)

Keep up the unskewing, the librilzzz is just lying to you, plz keep encouraging people to think that Trump has this in the bag and they don't have to worry about anything
Gold: 57.00
Oct 19 2016 10:41am
Quote (j0ltk0la @ 19 Oct 2016 12:26)

:rofl:
Whats next up? (C)linton down only 3 in Oklahoma, D+88 poll? :lol:
Gold: 9,039.20
Oct 19 2016 11:34am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Oct 19 2016 10:39am)
Keep up the unskewing, the librilzzz is just lying to you, plz keep encouraging people to think that Trump has this in the bag and they don't have to worry about anything

dem desperation is a comedy at this point.
Gold: 20.31
Oct 19 2016 12:01pm
Quote (IceMage @ Oct 19 2016 07:39am)
His charisma is palpable. Hillary has none at all so that will be interesting to watch for 8 years.

You're kidding yourself if you think that Clinton doesn't have charisma, she can line up the 20,000-people crowds just like everyone else. Hers is a different kind of appeal than Obama's but people still cheer. She's got a steely-ness and a respectability to her that people can't help but admire; that's why everyone who has worked with her (practically uniformly) praises her for her work ethic, determination, commitment to her work, and her values. That's what you hear over and over again when you ignore the alternate Faux reality and a political press that plays by "Clinton Rules."

The people who have so radically misjudged Clinton's popularity have been a constant source of entertainment for me over these past 2 years. They've stupidly bought into meaningless media tropes about rallies and poll numbers without the proper context and all the while Clinton dominated the Democratic primary and dominated the general election, too.

Quote (chemoshots @ Oct 19 2016 07:35am)
All these people that hated on him for 8 years are going to look back and be like, "Man, we're assholes." I'm pretty sure.

Zinggggggg!

I can't wait to see nearly the entire Republican party, as well as most of the false equivalence political press, instantly come down with "Obama Nostalgia Syndrome." I think it'll have to be twice as fun to observe as (Bill) Clinton Nostalgia Syndrome has been over these past 8 years.
Gold: 152.00
Oct 19 2016 12:06pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Oct 19 2016 12:26pm)

What's D+34? What's the issue?

Quote (Pollster @ Oct 19 2016 02:01pm)
You're kidding yourself if you think that Clinton doesn't have charisma, she can line up the 20,000-people crowds just like everyone else. Hers is a different kind of appeal than Obama's but people still cheer. She's got a steely-ness and a respectability to her that people can't help but admire; that's why everyone who has worked with her (practically uniformly) praises her for her work ethic, determination, commitment to her work, and her values. That's what you hear over and over again when you ignore the alternate Faux reality and a political press that plays by "Clinton Rules."

The people who have so radically misjudged Clinton's popularity have been a constant source of entertainment for me over these past 2 years. They've stupidly bought into meaningless media tropes about rallies and poll numbers without the proper context and all the while Clinton dominated the Democratic primary and dominated the general election, too.

I don't know what you're getting this from, but Clinton is one of the most disliked candidates in recent history (second only to Trump). Her coworkers may like her but the public does not.

This post was edited by Voyaging on Oct 19 2016 12:08pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Oct 19 2016 12:10pm
Quote (Pollster @ Oct 19 2016 12:01pm)

I can't wait to see nearly the entire Republican party, as well as most of the false equivalence political press, instantly come down with "Obama Nostalgia Syndrome." I think it'll have to be twice as fun to observe as (Bill) Clinton Nostalgia Syndrome has been over these past 8 years.

You know whenever I play the word association game and "charismatic" comes up I can't remember someone tossing out "steelyness". Weird.
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 19 2016 12:18pm
Quote (Pollster @ Oct 19 2016 01:01pm)

I mean, there's a certain level of charisma required to be a legit presidential candidate, but I'd consider her near the bottom on that spectrum. I'm sure she's a great gal behind the curtain but she doesn't come across as charismatic or even likable to most people.

Donald Trump, who has championed anti-free-trade and hardline immigration rhetoric on the 2016 presidential campaign trail, had a starkly different tone about globalization in a 2013 op-ed published on CNN's website.

The Republican presidential nominee, writing about how Europe was a "terrific place" for investment, argued at the time that the 2008 recession had made it clear "the global economy has become truly that — global."

Trump wrote that "cultures and economics are intertwined" in today's society, and that it was necessary to "work with each other for the benefit of all."

"My concern is that the negligence of a few will adversely affect the majority," he wrote.

Trump continued: "In this case, the solution is clear. We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability."

The real-estate mogul concluded his op-ed by writing that the future of the US and Europe "depends on a cohesive global economy."

"All of us must work together toward that very significant common goal," he wrote.

Wow.... he really bamboozled a bunch of ignorant voters. It's absolutely ridiculous one of the Republican primary candidates didn't find some of this stuff to use against him.
Gold: 1.73
Oct 19 2016 12:19pm
people in here are so smart and the mass majority of the usa is ignorant yes?
Gold: 20.31
Oct 19 2016 12:30pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Oct 19 2016 11:06am)
I don't know what you're getting this from, but Clinton is one of the most disliked candidates in recent history (second only to Trump). Her coworkers may like her but the public does not.

But this is where the context matters, and where people have gotten the election (and Clinton) so wrong: we're in the middle of a period when essentially all politicians are unpopular. Simply saying "candidate x is the most disliked candidate in recent history" doesn't mean anything on its own (outside of Trump, who really is setting a historic low), especially when that statement was also true four years earlier for Mitt Romney in late April 2012 when he finally emerged from the GOP primary. The public doesn't like anyone, so judging by that metric is nonsensical. There's nothing about Clinton that makes her notably unpopular relative to other national leaders that match her profile and name recognition. She doesn't have the favorability rating of Obama, who is the most-popular politician in the country, but the same is true of literally every other politician. Obama didn't have the favorability of Obama for much of his second term, he only reacquired it once focus moved onto his possible successors.

A net -9% favorability rating is not notably unpopular for this climate. The mistake people make is trying to compare her rating to previous politician's ratings without factoring in how much more unpopular today's politicians are.
Gold: 2,504.69
Oct 19 2016 12:31pm
Quote (Pollster @ Oct 19 2016 12:30pm)
But this is where the context matters, and where people have gotten the election (and Clinton) so wrong: we're in the middle of a period when essentially all politicians are unpopular. Simply saying "candidate x is the most disliked candidate in recent history" doesn't mean anything on its own (outside of Trump, who really is setting a historic low), especially when that statement was also true four years earlier for Mitt Romney in late April 2012 when he finally emerged from the GOP primary. The public doesn't like anyone, so judging by that metric is nonsensical. There's nothing about Clinton that makes her notably unpopular relative to other national leaders that match her profile and name recognition. She doesn't have the favorability rating of Obama, who is the most-popular politician in the country, but the same is true of literally every other politician. Obama didn't have the favorability of Obama for much of his second term, he only reacquired it once focus moved onto his possible successors.

A net -9% favorability rating is not notably unpopular for this climate. The mistake people make is trying to compare her rating to previous politician's ratings without factoring in how much more unpopular today's politicians are.

Its really hard to even tell if you believe your own posts. Congrats?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev19199209219229233169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll