d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2024
Prev19192939495282Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 5,011.77
Jul 1 2023 02:20pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 1 2023 04:10pm)
Maybe DeSantis could try to distinguish himself on his own merits and record and platform. Donald Trump ran a positive campaign in 2016 while Hillary defined herself as the anti-Trump and ran almost all anti-Trump ads and she lost.
If DeSantis puts his best foot forward and the electorate still prefers Trump than he should just accept this isn't his year and look to 2028 instead of burning out his goodwill with his base.

One things for sure, trying to outflank Trump by digging into the regressive, bigoted wing of the party instead of taking Trump's centrist populist position is neither a winning strategy nor healthy for the party. Trump ran as a pro gay marriage candidate that embraced the LGB republicans and embraced his black supporters and spent half his time talking about what he does for black and hispanic america. DeSantis just ran an overtly gaybashing ad, not just staking against a mainstream issue of 'trans activists mutilating kids'. Whats next, an ad calling for sundown towns and a new chinese exclusion act?
You don't out-trump trump by playing george wallace

I think that's accurate.

Trump isn't running a positive campaign now, he's almost entirely focused on the 2020 election he wrongly thinks he won and is in 24/7 grievance mode. That presents an opportunity for DeSantis. The problem is that a majority of the party agrees with Trump that the election was stolen, so it very well could be that nobody can beat Trump in the primary.

I'm going to win a lot of FG(see profile) because I said even if Trump is indicted he'll be the Republican nominee, and that appears to be the most likely scenario. I wish I were wrong.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jul 1 2023 02:20pm
Gold: 0.69
Jul 1 2023 02:24pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 1 2023 01:20pm)
I think that's accurate.

Trump isn't running a positive campaign now, he's almost entirely focused on the 2020 election he wrongly thinks he won and is in 24/7 grievance mode. That presents an opportunity for DeSantis. The problem is that a majority of the party agrees with Trump that the election was stolen, so it very well could be that nobody can beat Trump in the primary.

I'm going to win a lot of FG(see profile) because I said even if Trump is indicted he'll be the Republican nominee, and that appears to be the most likely scenario. I wish I were wrong.

legit elections are not counted in secret
Who gave the order for vote counting to stop on Nov 3, 2020? 11.03.21

Jul 1 2023 02:26pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Jul 1 2023 04:24pm)
Who gave the order for vote counting to stop on Nov 3, 2020? 11.03.21
https://seed151.bitchute.com/4RQIxmcGHyrc/jo70PgHrUjUY.mp4

Not sure if you know this, but people leave work at certain hours and then show up the next day.
Jul 1 2023 02:38pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 1 2023 01:26pm)
Not sure if you know this, but people leave work at certain hours and then show up the next day.

all of a sudden its the swing states that dont know how to schedule for man power. except they did count through the nite behind locked doors after poll watchers were kicked out. ............you wont understand on purpose
Jul 1 2023 02:43pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Jul 1 2023 04:38pm)
all of a sudden its the swing states that dont know how to schedule for man power. except they did count through the nite behind locked doors after poll watchers were kicked out. ............you wont understand on purpose

Some states aren't able to count votes prior to election day(because Republican legislatures won't change the law) so the result takes longer to figure out. Election workers are like any other worker, they work at certain hours so the fact that multiple locations in multiple states stop counting late at night is not a conspiracy, lol. They are human beings with a normal job, they work until the shift is over and then come back the next day.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jul 1 2023 02:44pm
Jul 1 2023 02:48pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 1 2023 01:43pm)
Some states aren't able to count votes prior to election day(because Republican legislatures won't change the law) so the result takes longer to figure out. Election workers are like any other worker, they work at certain hours so the fact that multiple locations in multiple states stop counting late at night is not a conspiracy, lol. They are human beings with a normal job, they work until the shift is over and then come back the next day.

lol some states dont work a night shift at least not in 2020 and be a swing state at the same time. except when they did 'close and when they did 'reopen in the morning bogus dude was the new magical winner some how. cheeeet haha say some more stuff
Jul 1 2023 02:56pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Jul 1 2023 04:48pm)
lol some states dont work a night shift at least not in 2020 and be a swing state at the same time. except when they did 'close and when they did 'reopen in the morning bogus dude was the new magical winner some how. cheeeet haha say some more stuff

I'm giving you legit reasons why your beliefs are bullshit and you aren't willing to accept them. Maybe you feel stupid for believing such nonsense after I point out how it's bullshit but it's better to come to an accurate understanding of the world than to be mired in conspiracies and delusions.

Also, the way votes are counted in certain states is relevant to the numbers for each candidate throughout the counting. Some states count mail-in-votes later, which are weighted towards Democrats because Trump is an idiot who dissuaded his supporters from voting that way.
Jul 1 2023 05:17pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 1 2023 01:56pm)
I'm giving you legit reasons why your beliefs are bullshit and you aren't willing to accept them. Maybe you feel stupid for believing such nonsense after I point out how it's bullshit but it's better to come to an accurate understanding of the world than to be mired in conspiracies and delusions.

Also, the way votes are counted in certain states is relevant to the numbers for each candidate throughout the counting. Some states count mail-in-votes later, which are weighted towards Democrats because Trump is an idiot who dissuaded his supporters from voting that way.

your making up fairy tails for your TDS 1984 mind
George Orwell — 'The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.'
the vid i posted documented the poll closures. you cant even process that it was only in the swing states that it happened. but dont let the title fool you, its fact they kept counting, its on surveillance camera footage. after the poll watchers were kicked out and the door locked. then in the morning bogus dude was the new winner.

trump was way ahead. then reports started coming in polls were closing and would resume counting in the morning (and i laughed ). then morning came and surprise they didnt start recounting cause they counted through the nite. bogus dude was the new winner just like that

Gold: 10,485.00
Jul 7 2023 12:53pm

Gold: 286.37
Jul 7 2023 02:59pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 1 2023 04:10pm)
Maybe DeSantis could try to distinguish himself on his own merits and record and platform. Donald Trump ran a positive campaign in 2016 while Hillary defined herself as the anti-Trump and ran almost all anti-Trump ads and she lost. Trump defined himself on economics, immigration, trade wars, deregulation, etc
If DeSantis puts his best foot forward and the electorate still prefers Trump than he should just accept this isn't his year and look to 2028 instead of burning out his goodwill with his base.

One things for sure, trying to outflank Trump by digging into the regressive, bigoted wing of the party instead of taking Trump's centrist populist position is neither a winning strategy nor healthy for the party. Trump ran as a pro gay marriage candidate that embraced the LGB republicans and embraced his black supporters and spent half his time talking about what he does for black and hispanic america. DeSantis just ran an overtly gaybashing ad, not just staking against a mainstream issue of 'trans activists mutilating kids'. Whats next, an ad calling for sundown towns and a new chinese exclusion act?
You don't out-trump trump by playing george wallace

I don't see DeSantis trying to say that he's coming for Peter Thiel, he's using the rainbow flag as a proxy for modern left gender ideology. The rest of the clip focuses on transgenderism exclusively. Trump is hitting on the same issues (see TiStuff above) because it's popular with the Republican base particularly. The problem is framing, adopting democratic-talking points might be fine in a primary, but it's a disaster-in-waiting for the general.

Running as a moderate won't work; it fits too neatly into Trump's argument that DeSantis is a globalist sell out. DeSantis also can't adopt a Youngkin sort of positivity, it's not in his character. Trump's legal troubles have solidified support in his base, so he has to be careful about attacking Trump's complete incompetence lest he look like he's siding with a weaponized federal bureaucracy. There are not a lot of good options at this point. The original strategy was to let Trump moan about the 2020 election, that's not an option anymore.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev19192939495282Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll