d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev19019029039049053169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,504.69
Oct 14 2016 07:36am
Quote (IceMage @ Oct 14 2016 07:23am)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I just saw that. Carson off the rails man.... wtf.

Christian values are a fight worth fighting, when we're out of a political cycle.... what a fucking hack.

I guess the new campaign strategy is to literally silence women. Oh and slander lifelong moderate republican's because of their coworkers... jesus.

Side-note: Bryan Williams' new MSNBC show is called "What Happened". Could a worse title even be possible, basing the whole show on this guy letting the public know the events...

This post was edited by thesnipa on Oct 14 2016 07:45am
Gold: 1.50
Oct 14 2016 07:42am
Gold: 57.00
Oct 14 2016 07:47am
Quote (thesnipa @ 14 Oct 2016 09:36)

Side-note: Bryan Williams' new MSNBC show is called "What Happened". Could a worse title even be possible, basing the whole show on this guy letting the public know the events...

Lochte will be the first guest host
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 14 2016 07:47am
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 14 2016 08:36am)
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I just saw that. Carson off the rails man.... wtf.

Christian values are a fight worth fighting, when we're out of a political cycle.... what a fucking hack.

I guess the new campaign strategy is to literally silence women. Oh and slander lifelong moderate republican's because of their coworkers... jesus.

Trump people are really becoming the boy who cried wolf with the constant complaining about media bias.

It's really pathetic how many God-fearing men and women are coming on television defending a scumbag. I'm trying to figure out a way Republicans rebound from this election but I can't see it... there's too many nutty, anti-intellectuals in our party to move forward in a positive way. If Republicans nominate another person who can't win in 2020 I'll be voting for Hillary again.

This post was edited by IceMage on Oct 14 2016 07:48am
Oct 14 2016 08:12am
Quote (IceMage @ Oct 14 2016 07:47am)
Trump people are really becoming the boy who cried wolf with the constant complaining about media bias.

It's really pathetic how many God-fearing men and women are coming on television defending a scumbag. I'm trying to figure out a way Republicans rebound from this election but I can't see it... there's too many nutty, anti-intellectuals in our party to move forward in a positive way. If Republicans nominate another person who can't win in 2020 I'll be voting for Hillary again.

Yup the degradation of christian values is sickening, and that's coming from someone who has very weak values in his religion. These guys grand stand like good ol' boy Christians then tell their congregation to forgive and forget when and where it's good for them. I don't even understand the line of attack... Countering accusers with accusers is a double edged sword, we should be forgiving and forgetting Bill's scandals as well by their logic.

Carson, Pence, Cruz, etc are all politicians before men of god. But we knew that the second Carson used a "crack a few eggs" analogy for bombing ISIS's families.
Oct 14 2016 09:09am
I wonder if this will be another thing Trump "didn't say"

And yikes. D Trump Jr interview dug up...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-jr-women-harrassment-workforce_us_5800b9bbe4b0162c043b532e?section=&

Women who can't handle these things that are a problem in the workforce should teach kindergarten or something...

This post was edited by thesnipa on Oct 14 2016 09:14am
Gold: 2,620.00
Oct 14 2016 09:27am
Quote (IceMage @ 14 Oct 2016 08:47)

Politics can turn around quickly. I think the GOP can nominate someone who can beat Hillary in 2020. She has terrible trustworthiness and a historically bad favorabiliry rating, so unless she improves upon those, someone like Marco Rubio or Paul Ryan could beat her, especially if the economy takes a downturn sometime in the next 4 years like many think it will.

One thing I know is that after this election, these Trump supporters aren't going away. I think we have a cult of personaility on our hands, and it's actually quite disturbing. But the vast majorty of them will probably continue voting Republican in future elections.

You do have to wonder how that will affect the party long-term, but I'm actually not expecting anything too crazy. Trump being the nominee was a very unlikely scenario that required all sorts of internal party failures, and I think it's unlikely for something like that to happen again soon.

I predict the GOP will return to business-as-usual soon, but of course the implication with that scenario is that the party probably won't undergo the vast overhaul it really needs, leaving it vulnerable to shenanigans like this again in the future, or eventually a party collapse when people finally get too exhausted and dissastisfied with the act.
Gold: 40.42
Oct 14 2016 09:36am
One nice thing about Trump is that all of the Republicans trying to burn him are getting reciprocated. It's possible a number of Trump voters will never vote for Ryan now.
Oct 14 2016 09:41am
Quote (ThatAlex @ Oct 14 2016 09:27am)
Politics can turn around quickly. I think the GOP can nominate someone who can beat Hillary in 2020. She has terrible trustworthiness and a historically bad favorabiliry rating, so unless she improves upon those, someone like Marco Rubio or Paul Ryan could beat her, especially if the economy takes a downturn sometime in the next 4 years like many think it will.

One thing I know is that after this election, these Trump supporters aren't going away. I think we have a cult of personaility on our hands, and it's actually quite disturbing. But the vast majorty of them will probably continue voting Republican in future elections.

You do have to wonder how that will affect the party long-term, but I'm actually not expecting anything too crazy. Trump being the nominee was a very unlikely scenario that required all sorts of internal party failures, and I think it's unlikely for something like that to happen again soon.

I predict the GOP will return to business-as-usual soon, but of course the implication with that scenario is that the party probably won't undergo the vast overhaul it really needs, leaving it vulnerable to shenanigans like this again in the future, or eventually a party collapse when people finally get too exhausted and dissastisfied with the act.

I don't think the GOP has much damage control to do in terms of preventing another populist candidate post Trump, if Trump loses along the lines of current projections or worse. If he gets skunked under 200 electoral points, which most people think he will, all Ryan/Preibus need to do post-Trump is point out that populist candidates have a hard 35-40% ceiling. Populist candidates come out successful in broken economies, not downturned economies.

I'm not sure there is a better argument than "this guy can win and has unenthusiastic fans, this guy can't win and his fans fucking love him." That's all you need to counter the "I brought 14 million voters out, most in history." We live in a 400 million person country, 14 million is a vast minority.
Gold: 40.42
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev19019029039049053169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll