d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > "why Has America Made China Its Enemy"
Prev18910111226Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32,517.50
Dec 15 2022 10:00am
Quote (ferdia @ Dec 15 2022 03:15pm)
I have not seen this before, apologies now. It looks interesting, ill add it to the christmas list.

looking at wiki it looks like a manifesto / ideology. I have not read the book but it looks quite interesting. I accept that it looks quite far out there from a western standpoint. presumably it was written based off observations of what is perceived wrong (some of which is wrong) with western political systems but as an alternate it looks to me that it has its own inherent flaws (no plan is perfect).

in the round, I read various books about various people in order to better understand where they are coming from and what will happen next. As an example I read the Kwasi Kwarteng book and it just reinforced a previously held view by me that he was going to borrow a large sum of money, which duly occured. Liz Truss on the other hand was doomed from the get go as she thought she had a mandate when she did not. coupled with an inability to listen or compromise, she was doomed to fail, which again was proven. i.e. if it was not the budget then there would have still been a number of fundamental problems that would have caused her govt to collapse by now.

That moved swiftly into an anti UK rant. I approve :D

Gaddafi was a maniac. That is not my view from a western standpoint, simply an objective standpoint. I am sure it would be an interesting read but anyone that thinks his ideas were good, I would be extremely cautious of.

Gold: 46,068.00
Dec 15 2022 10:02am
Quote (ferdia @ 15 Dec 2022 23:51)
This is bottom of the barrel. As I understand it, the Chinese cannot fathom why in the western world competent leaders are removed from office due to activities they carry out which is not related to their office. i.e. provided the guy does a good job and is succeeding, don't have a hang up on the other stuff. Now I accept this is not the western way of doing things but a bit of pragmatism is required from time to time. If you have a source re: legendary and serial, provide it, but understand that alot of politicians, in alot of countries, fall under that umbrella.

As an example: Boris Johnston was bold and did not do a good job in England. He was kicked out because he was bold, when he should really have been kicked out for doing a good job.

Provoking users re: X person was legendary rapist / drugs addict, is steering the conversation towards personal attacks / insults and is the type of thing that trolls would do. your better then that, and should be able to win an argument via logic not who can insult better/who has the last word.

Ultimately Africa is a fractured continent and a unifying leader of Africa, to my mind, would have been good for Africa, while accepting that Neither the US or China may have wanted that.

We can point to any country and highlight gross failings in person/govt. That is not what this topic is about. Instead we are discussing the fractured relationship between the US and China and what may happen next.

As bad as it sounds , I don't think Europe is going through what she is now before 2011. You are Irish, you were from the region and I m sure you travelled.

The only thing that tourist were worried about are petty crimes by gypsies.
Nothing major.
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 15 2022 10:05am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Dec 15 2022 04:00pm)
That moved swiftly into an anti UK rant. I approve :D

Gaddafi was a maniac. That is not my view from a western standpoint, simply an objective standpoint. I am sure it would be an interesting read but anyone that thinks his ideas were good, I would be extremely cautious of.

I had originally included Bill Clinton but then took him out. afaik he was impeached? but he did not lose office? therefore he was not kicked for activities related to competence. (users may consider this as rope to duly hang me with however). The Lizz Truss topic was only my 2nd topic created in this subforum (russia ukraine being the 1st) therefore i was trying to provide proof to support my position. if that makes sense. Any politician that lost office due to some scandal (involving women, drugs etc) could have been used.

Ultimately everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. you can be very good in one thing and very bad in another. I invoke the obligatory Godwins Law (this is an internet debate after all): Hitler was a family man, apparently. and he liked dogs. In this regard while we all saw one face of Gaddafi I am sure that his supporters looked at the other face. I am not taking sides here im just highlighting one may like mushrooms, but I dont.

Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Dec 15 2022 04:02pm)
As bad as it sounds , I don't think Europe is going through what she is now before 2011. You are Irish, you were from the region and I m sure you travelled.

The only thing that tourist were worried about are petty crimes by gypsies.
Nothing major.

I have not been to South America (but i saw man on fire and touching the void) and I have not been to Africa (but i saw black panther?) yes I have been all over europe and alot of other places. Tourists can get into trouble in alot of places around the world but your not wrong, europe is, broadly, safer then alot of other places, but what is the context here, are you comparing this to Libya / Middle East ?

Europe has broadly not changed in the last 20 years. it is still, relatively, safe (relative to other continents).

maybe circle back to US and China?

This post was edited by ferdia on Dec 15 2022 10:17am
Gold: 175,091.69
Dec 15 2022 02:30pm
Quote (Ghot @ Dec 14 2022 09:04pm)
The US has zero imperialistic plans. We were asked to build those bases by countries that don't want to be over run by other countries that DO have imperialistic plans.
What countries have we tried to take over... to own.... ever?

That's the difference here. The US isn't trying to "dominate" anyone. But China... is. LOL

Stay out of politics
Gold: 10,485.00
Dec 15 2022 02:42pm
Quote (ownyaah @ Dec 15 2022 03:30pm)
Stay out of politics

Go away, your mama's calling.
Dec 15 2022 03:15pm
Quote (ferdia @ 16 Dec 2022 00:05)
I had originally included Bill Clinton but then took him out. afaik he was impeached? but he did not lose office? therefore he was not kicked for activities related to competence. (users may consider this as rope to duly hang me with however). The Lizz Truss topic was only my 2nd topic created in this subforum (russia ukraine being the 1st) therefore i was trying to provide proof to support my position. if that makes sense. Any politician that lost office due to some scandal (involving women, drugs etc) could have been used.

Ultimately everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. you can be very good in one thing and very bad in another. I invoke the obligatory Godwins Law (this is an internet debate after all): Hitler was a family man, apparently. and he liked dogs. In this regard while we all saw one face of Gaddafi I am sure that his supporters looked at the other face. I am not taking sides here im just highlighting one may like mushrooms, but I dont.

I have not been to South America (but i saw man on fire and touching the void) and I have not been to Africa (but i saw black panther?) yes I have been all over europe and alot of other places. Tourists can get into trouble in alot of places around the world but your not wrong, europe is, broadly, safer then alot of other places, but what is the context here, are you comparing this to Libya / Middle East ?

Europe has broadly not changed in the last 20 years. it is still, relatively, safe (relative to other continents).

maybe circle back to US and China?

china is safe because of the cameras. China is a lot safer for white people than yellow dudes , just to let you know
Dec 15 2022 03:33pm
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Dec 15 2022 09:15pm)
china is safe because of the cameras. China is a lot safer for white people than yellow dudes , just to let you know

i have been to china and america btw.
Dec 15 2022 03:35pm
Quote (ferdia @ 16 Dec 2022 05:33)
i have been to china and america btw.

yesh, china i s pretty safe

Shenzhen, xiamen, shanghai, beijing , tianjin., chengdu and szechuan.

But other places i will have to agree with you if u feel unsafe at the moment.

I ahve been to America too, it was so safe when i was there , now i am not sure.
Dec 15 2022 03:43pm
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Dec 15 2022 09:35pm)
yesh, china i s pretty safe

Shenzhen, xiamen, shanghai, beijing , tianjin., chengdu and szechuan.

But other places i will have to agree with you if u feel unsafe at the moment.

I ahve been to America too, it was so safe when i was there , now i am not sure.

the point is irrelevant to the topic. a country or location can be safe or dangerous, thats a social problem for the country in question but irrelevant from a geopolitical stand point.
Dec 15 2022 03:45pm
Quote (ferdia @ 16 Dec 2022 05:43)
the point is irrelevant to the topic. a country or location can be safe or dangerous, thats a social problem for the country in question but irrelevant from a geopolitical stand point.

I m half drunk i reply when i wake up . :lol:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18910111226Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll