d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Iran Boogaloo
Prev18910111283Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Jan 3 2020 10:28am
Quote (CarsV @ Jan 3 2020 11:11am)
Imagine being this fucking stupid and delusional.

Imagine following me around and hanging on my every word lol. Get a life buddy.

Quote (bogie160 @ Jan 3 2020 11:26am)
Iran is in shock right now. There was the belief that Trump would not respond like this in the face of an election. They need to recalibrate.

We'll see how this all plays out, but unpredictability is good.

Irratic behavioral is good? Who knew his personality disorder would work out in our favor.

I guess Trump has his first kill now.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 3 2020 10:29am
Gold: 57.00
Jan 3 2020 10:29am
Quote (bogie160 @ 3 Jan 2020 11:26)
Iran is in shock right now. There was the belief that Trump would not respond like this in the face of an election. They need to recalibrate.

We'll see how this all plays out, but unpredictability is good.

they're not the only nation that needs to re-calibrate it seems:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-dangerous-world-iran-killing-102124110.html

China, Russia and France, all permanent members of the U.N. Security Council, took a dim view

"Peace in the Middle East and the Gulf region should be preserved,”

>something that does not exist must be preserved
ok then
Gold: 12,055.00
Jan 3 2020 10:30am
Quote (CarsV @ Jan 3 2020 11:11am)
Imagine being this fucking stupid and delusional.

To some of these people Trump is like the sun exerting a gravitational pull. No matter what, he's central to every lens they view the world.

On this issue tho, i don't know enough about the general that got killed to say it's good or bad that he's gone but i don't really like the direction this is heading into. Some posters are citing Iran's recent moves as justification for this response but realistically their actions are reactions to some heavy duty sanctions that's absolutely strangle holding their economy which is spawning a lot of internal and external issues for Iran.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jan 3 2020 10:34am
Gold: 2,504.69
Jan 3 2020 10:49am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jan 3 2020 10:30am)
To some of these people Trump is like the sun exerting a gravitational pull. No matter what, he's central to every lens they view the world.

On this issue tho, i don't know enough about the general that got killed to say it's good or bad that he's gone but i don't really like the direction this is heading into. Some posters are citing Iran's recent moves as justification for this response but realistically their actions are reactions to some heavy duty sanctions that's absolutely strangle holding their economy which is spawning a lot of internal and external issues for Iran.

i dont think you're allowed to have a nuanced stance sir.

honestly when i read posts with "you just say anything trump did was bad" from posters who shill for trump generally its nauseating. im glad you have a very reasonable stance among the stans.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 3 2020 11:00am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jan 3 2020 11:30am)

I'm just glad we have a president and an administration who will actually do something and stand up to Iran. You know, unlike do-nothing Carter who allowed Americans to be taken hostage for YEARS. Bootlickers like Skinned and other media-fed leftists are delusional and gullible with their "B-b-but Iran was our friend, they pinky swore to not enrich uranium!"

Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 3 2020 11:49am)
i dont think you're allowed to have a nuanced stance sir.

honestly when i read posts with "you just say anything trump did was bad" from posters who shill for trump generally its nauseating. im glad you have a very reasonable stance among the stans.

It's not a matter of nuance, it's a matter of standing for something. I like you, but the more I read from you the more I get "Mr. Middleground". You're too timid to stand for anything so you fall for anything. The type of person who will inject into a discussion, examine it, and input: "Well yeah, Obama didn't do much in terms of foreign policy, but neither has Trump". Always playing up to both sides so you don't have to bear any serious consequence when you do happen to be taken to task on your opinions. Like a leaf in the water, going wherever the current will take you.

As batshit crazy as someone like MxVivianWulf is, I'll at least credit him with standing for something.

This post was edited by CarsV on Jan 3 2020 11:07am
Jan 3 2020 11:08am
Quote (CarsV @ Jan 3 2020 11:00am)
It's not a matter of nuance, it's a matter of standing for something. I used to like you, but the more I read from you the more I get "Mr. Middleground" from you. You're too timid to stand for anything so you fall for anything. The type of person who will inject into a discussion, examine it, and input: "Well Yeah, Obama didn't do much in terms of foreign policy, but neither has Trump". Always playing up to both sides so you don't have to bear any consequence when you do happen to be taken to task on your opinions.

or maybe i thought a diplomatic solution was the best, but also thought Obama's wasn't a viable solution nor that the agreement did enough to ensure Iran wouldn't start making weapons with the freedom we gave them.

you can call me a coward if it makes you feel like a man. i dont consider "taking a stand" that involves the death of thousands of american soldiers in a drawn out decades long war with Iran manly. thats what a little bitch who thinks he's tough talks about. i live in reality where people live and die by these calls, not in a fantasy land where you score points by taking hard stances you wouldnt have the balls to take in real life.

last time you tried this rhetoric i coughed up about 10 stances i take very hard positions on, you backed down and shut up.

but sure, lmk what cutting the head of a hydra does here. im sure Iran will name a national holiday after this guy because he's THAT important.... :rolleyes:

i've already posted a plan i'd implement to alleviate US position on middle east oil and how that could be leverage in a negotiation we currently have very little leverage in. i have not only a hard stance but an actual well thought out and researched course of action. meanwhile you want to shoot pop cans on the back 40 to win the war. i could write it all down again, but why would i do that on an otherwise peaceful friday at work? just to shut you up, again? i'd rather keep working.
Gold: 22,164.69
Jan 3 2020 11:10am
Jan 3 2020 11:14am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 3 2020 12:08pm)
or maybe i thought a diplomatic solution was the best, but also thought Obama's wasn't a viable solution nor that the agreement did enough to ensure Iran wouldn't start making weapons with the freedom we gave them.

you can call me a coward if it makes you feel like a man. i dont consider "taking a stand" that involves the death of thousands of american soldiers in a drawn out decades long war with Iran manly. thats what a little bitch who thinks he's tough talks about. i live in reality where people live and die by these calls, not in a fantasy land where you score points by taking hard stances you wouldnt have the balls to take in real life.

last time you tried this rhetoric i coughed up about 10 stances i take very hard positions on, you backed down and shut up.

but sure, lmk what cutting the head of a hydra does here. im sure Iran will name a national holiday after this guy because he's THAT important.... :rolleyes:

i've already posted a plan i'd implement to alleviate US position on middle east oil and how that could be leverage in a negotiation we currently have very little leverage in. i have not only a hard stance but an actual well thought out and researched course of action. meanwhile you want to shoot pop cans on the back 40 to win the war. i could write it all down again, but why would i do that on an otherwise peaceful friday at work? just to shut you up, again? i'd rather keep working.

Yeah that's it, go with the masculinity angle lol.

So what should we have done about a foreign military leader actively leading attacks on American sovereignty? Ask them politely to stop? A regime who routinely preaches "death to America!"? Iran is no different from many other totalitarian regimes. They want control. They want to project power and influence. For them it's about the strait. Unfortunately for them, and clearly the Washington Post as well, America and some of its allies won't allow that. I know, it reads like some simple boogeyman South Park episode script. But, some things in the real world are more simple than they're made out to be.

Also, we aren't reliant on the Mid-East for oil. That's Europe's dog.

No you didn't.

This post was edited by CarsV on Jan 3 2020 11:16am
Jan 3 2020 11:17am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 3 2020 12:10pm)

Imagine the media's reaction when we went after that soulless-eyed guy in Libya under Obama. Oh wait.... I guess Osama bin Laden was "assassinated", as well.

This post was edited by CarsV on Jan 3 2020 11:19am
Jan 3 2020 11:23am
Quote (CarsV @ Jan 3 2020 11:14am)
Yeah that's it, go with the masculinity angle lol.

So what should we have done about a foreign military leader actively leading attacks on American sovereignty? Ask them politely to stop? A regime who routinely preaches "death to America!"? Iran is no different from many other totalitarian regimes. They want control. They want to project power and influence. For them is about the strait. Unfortunately for them, and clearly the Washington Post as well, America and some of its allies won't allow that. I know, it reads like some simple boogeyman South Park episode script. But, some things in the real world are more simple than they're made out to be.

Also, we aren't reliant on the Mid-East for oil. That's Europe's dog.

pretty simple math. cost of life in attacks versus cost of lives in a war. cost of cleaning up attacks versus cost of a war. etc.

lol we aren't reliant on Middle Eastern oil, but Trump went from clowning Obama for sucking saudi dick to on his knees within half a term. are we reliant in truth? maybe not depending on your definition. are we president after president, from both parties, bowing down to the Saudis? yes. and they're the "good guys" in the middle eastern Islamic cultural war? Rotten fruit belongs in the trash, you dont keep half because it's less rotten.

Obummer wasted an opportunity to make a decent deal with Iran, Trump trashed it and rather than correcting it he went the opposite direction.

in any case, how does this lead to less attacks? what does Iran have to lose? more terrorists? losing a war? lol we can't even win in Afghanistan against backwater Jihaadists, let alone Iran who fund the Jihaadists.

the sanctions are in place, and seem to be working. not ideal, but seems to be working. please tell me what this accomplishes other than "sending a message", aka the masculinity angle. certainly not less attacks, i pray you're not that silly.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18910111283Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll