d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Why Are Republicans Against Higher Education?
Prev18910111213Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Sep 16 2017 08:56pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ 17 Sep 2017 03:18)
what is? Your statement below? lmao.

the stagnant real wages talking point is misleading and not entirely true(benefits, increase in product quality, not recognizing the increasing compensation for individuals by lumping in new immigrants and looking at averages) and doesn't prove exploitation.
nor is that the totality of what is meant by the cries of exploitation, which is a theory that predates modern wage trends.

Nor would it be reasonable to expect wages to match increases in productivity in a world where people invest in machinery that makes workers more productive.
Thats a daft fauxcahontas talking point.
The big incentive for businesses investing in the new/improved tech is more profit.
There has also been large increases in the cost of doing business and the cost of hiring people that go far beyond hourly wages. regulations have exploded. lo and behold..hourly wages are held down.

Deluding yourself into thinking I was saying 'actually stealing money from the workers' was the argument is pure nonsense..
Portraying this misrepresentation of your own as you deigning to point out something so 'obvious' and beneath you was an extra layer of smug ignorance.

Yes there are some unsavory figures and bad policies that negatively effect people. Yes there are cases of actual exploitation in the world.
Those specific people and policies are to blame, not "the 10%" or the 1% or all employers, nor does it make them all evil exploiters that aren't enriching the masses/employees.

the only "daft fauxcahontas talking point" is you pretending that i demanded the real wage to MATCH the increase in productivity - at no point did i say or even suggest that.
you know there's plenty of middle ground between stagnation and exactly matching the development in productivity, right? and guess what, regulations and machinery existed before the mid 70s and so did 'bad apples' - so that's hardly enough to explain the ever growing gap away...

but hey, at least you're embarrassed (based on your extremely defensive reply riddled with ad hominems), i give you credit for that...
Gold: 7,428.20
Sep 16 2017 09:08pm
Quote (fender @ Sep 16 2017 10:56pm)
the only "daft fauxcahontas talking point" is you pretending that i demanded the real wage to MATCH the increase in productivity - at no point did i say or even suggest that.

Elizabeth warren said you demanded real wages match the increase in productivity? Fascinating.

Or perhaps I explained why that stagnant wage talking point doesnt have much merit as it relates to proving ~10% exploitation, after you brought that up as the supposed true representation of exploitation theory.
Mind blown.jpg

you know there's plenty of middle ground between stagnation and exactly matching the development in productivity, right?

Yes.
We are somewhere in that middle ground in reality, as I was saying.

and guess what, regulations and machinery existed before the mid 70s and so did 'bad apples' - so that's hardly enough to explain the ever growing gap away...

This isn't news to me and doesnt refute anything I said.
Regulations have undeniable increased in recent decades, increasing the cost of doing business and holding down hourly wages.

but hey, at least you're embarrassed (based on your extremely defensive reply riddled with ad hominems), i give you credit for that...

More delusions.

How dare I defend my post from ignorant attacks with my logic and facts!!! so uncalled for! its an admittance of embarrassment!!
Shameful reply by someone whose smug post was trashed by inconvenient facts and reality.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Sep 16 2017 09:09pm
Sep 17 2017 01:19am
Quote (cambovenzi @ 17 Sep 2017 04:08)
Elizabeth warren said you demanded real wages match the increase in productivity? Fascinating.

Or perhaps I explained why that stagnant wage talking point doesnt have much merit as it relates to proving ~10% exploitation, after you brought that up as the supposed true representation of exploitation theory.
Mind blown.jpg

Yes.
We are somewhere in that middle ground in reality, as I was saying.

This isn't news to me and doesnt refute anything I said.
Regulations have undeniable increased in recent decades, increasing the cost of doing business and holding down hourly wages.

More delusions.

How dare I defend my post from ignorant attacks with my logic and facts!!! so uncalled for! its an admittance of embarrassment!!
Shameful reply by someone whose smug post was trashed by inconvenient facts and reality.

when you have to pretend that elizabeth warren speaks for me in order to justify your misrepresentation of my point... pathetic...

and no, we're NOT somewhere in that middle ground. your flimsy excuses that you have to retract every time i point out how ridiculous they are, and numbers you apparently pulled out of your ass do not explain the ever increasing gap between real wage and productivity.
the only delusion here is that you seem to think your uninformed angry rants are able to distract from the fact that you obviously have no clue and just arrogantly try to defend your initial narrative against all facts and reason...
Sep 17 2017 01:31am
Quote (fender @ Sep 17 2017 03:19am)
when you have to pretend that elizabeth warren speaks for me in order to justify your misrepresentation of my point... pathetic...

You are not understanding a reference and then getting triggered and saying im 'pretending warren' speaks for you. A+

and no, we're NOT somewhere in that middle ground.

evidence says otherwise.

your flimsy excuses that you have to retract every time i point out how ridiculous they are, and numbers you apparently pulled out of your ass do not explain the ever increasing gap between real wage and productivity.

Me blowing apart your cocky asinine posts is actually me retracting what i am saying? are you completely insane?

I mentioned a number of factors that do in fact effect wages, total compensation and its relation to productivity gains.
If you would like further evidence and some reading assignments, just ask. dont run your mouth like a douche and say i pulled them from my ass when its just a matter of you being wildly ignorant on the topic and getting hostile that anyone would dare disagree, as always.

the only delusion here is that you seem to think your uninformed angry rants are able to distract from the fact that you obviously have no clue and just arrogantly try to defend your initial narrative against all facts and reason...

Thats a great description of your posts here. You get angry and call people names and cant back up your ignorant assertions when people contest them.

Rather than accepting or responding to my extended point by point reply to your whining objections, you take personal shots at me and pretend i'm the one without a clue. Completely absurd twilight zone stuff.
Its pathetic behavior, unfit for mature intellectual discussion. Do you need to sit in timeout?
Sep 17 2017 01:45am
Quote (cambovenzi @ 17 Sep 2017 08:31)
You are not understanding a reference and then getting triggered and saying im 'pretending warren' speaks for you. A+

evidence says otherwise.

Me blowing apart your cocky asinine posts is actually me retracting what i am saying? are you completely insane?

I mentioned a number of factors that do in fact effect wages, total compensation and its relation to productivity gains.
If you would like further evidence and some reading assignments, just ask. dont run your mouth like a douche and say i pulled them from my ass when its just a matter of you being wildly ignorant on the topic and getting hostile that anyone would dare disagree, as always.

Thats a great description of your posts here. You get angry and call people names and cant back up your ignorant assertions when people contest them.

Rather than accepting or responding to my extended point by point reply to your whining objections, you take personal shots at me and pretend i'm the one without a clue. Completely absurd twilight zone stuff.
Its pathetic behavior, unfit for mature intellectual discussion. Do you need to sit in timeout?

your immature deflections and projections, your angry ad hominems can't hide the simple fact that you can't explain away the constantly increasing gap between real wages and productivity.
that's what it comes down to if you leave all the butthurt out of it.
Sep 17 2017 01:59am
Quote (fender @ Sep 17 2017 03:45am)
your immature deflections and projections, your angry ad hominems can't hide the simple fact that you can't explain away the constantly increasing gap between real wages and productivity.
that's what it comes down to if you leave all the butthurt out of it.

I explicitly mentioned several reasons for the gap and mitigating factors that make it misleading, challenged the relevance of the gap to what was being discussed(10% "exploitation"), challenged the idea that marxist exploitation theory(or saying 10% or employers are exploiters) rests on the modern wage trend talking point, challenged your incorrect accusations of "misrepresentation", etc etc.

Somehow these are 'immature deflections' and secretly means I am not able to explain it..
If you dont know what the hell I am talking about, how about politely asking for clarification or citations instead of this shameful display? Has that thought ever crossed your mind?
Gold: 200.83
Sep 17 2017 02:31am
Quote (cambovenzi @ 17 Sep 2017 08:59)
I explicitly mentioned several reasons for the gap and mitigating factors that make it misleading, challenged the relevance of the gap to what was being discussed(10% "exploitation"), challenged the idea that marxist exploitation theory(or saying 10% or employers are exploiters) rests on the modern wage trend talking point, challenged your incorrect accusations of "misrepresentation", etc etc.

Somehow these are 'immature deflections' and secretly means I am not able to explain it..
If you dont know what the hell I am talking about, how about politely asking for clarification or citations instead of this shameful display? Has that thought ever crossed your mind?

i don't know what "libertarian" internet platform you stole your opinions on economics from, but please amuse me and show me who actually claims that these factors, that i already identified as insufficient to explain the ever increasing gap, are responsible - and not increasing exploitation of the working class. i wonder if that also explains the growing economic inequality...

just these damn regulations and machinery i guess?
Sep 17 2017 03:14am
Quote (fender @ Sep 17 2017 04:31am)
i don't know what "libertarian" internet platform you stole your opinions on economics from, but please amuse me and show me who actually claims that these factors, that i already identified as insufficient to explain the ever increasing gap, are responsible - and not increasing exploitation of the working class. i wonder if that also explains the growing economic inequality...

just these damn regulations and machinery i guess?

economic knowledge appropriation! 'stealing' information to know what you are talking about is so bad!

here are some examples:
http://money.cnn.com/2010/03/26/smallbusiness/employee_costs/
http://www.heritage.org/jobs-and-labor/report/productivity-and-compensation-growing-together
http://www.aei.org/publication/the-decline-of-unions-didnt-cause-the-growing-gap-between-pay-and-productivity-which-may-not-be-happening-either-study/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2016/03/14/of-course-wages-have-been-stagnant-thats-whats-supposed-to-happen-in-a-recession/
https://fee.org/articles/wages-productivity-and-prices/

You haven't even begun to establish how 'stagnating or lagging wages = exploitation' in the first place.

In my first post I explicitly said that some bad actors and bad policies do deserve blame, yet this is not representative of "the 10%" or of all employers being impoverishing evildoers.

Do you deny that regulations have made doing business and hiring people more costly?
Do you recognize the fact that machinery/tech increases productivity and is invested by the ~owners, typically with a profit motive in mind?

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Sep 17 2017 03:16am
Sep 17 2017 04:48am
Quote (EndlessSky @ 17 Sep 2017 00:32)
If you feel exploited then leave. I'm living extremely comfortably and so do most sane Americans.

Immigration costs us money and it should stop.

Terrible argument. 'It doesn't affect me therefore it's not a problem'. Funny how you don't apply that reasoning to immigration... Or maybe you do? Tell me, how does immigration affect you personally? Other than you being uncomfortable when you see a brown person or hear a foreign accent I mean.

Quote (cambovenzi @ 17 Sep 2017 00:53)
Tired of this marxist exploitation theory nonsense.
"The rich are not making you poorer, they are paying your salary" -Ben Shapiro

Some disclaimers and exceptions apply of course.

Lol Ben Shapiro. Dude is marginally better than Milo.

Quote (Ghot @ 17 Sep 2017 00:56)
We went through this in the DACA topic...and proved that illegal immigration cost us mucho dollars. Same with the Dreamers.

I haven't read that thread but I will check it out and be incredibly surprised f you yourself have proved anything other than your utter ignorance on any subject you argue about.

Tell me bud - Was Obama's birth certificate fake? How did he commit a terror attack against the US? and, possibly most importantly, why should I take anything you say seriously when you talk such utter shit all the time?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18910111213Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll