d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Forced Vaccinations For Children?
Prev18910111247Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 10 2015 09:13am
Quote (Caedus @ 9 Feb 2015 19:42)
And what have people die from preventable diseases? No thanks. Vaccinations is one of the reasons life expectancy is so high and rising.

I know. It's fucking horrible.
Gold: 0.76
Feb 10 2015 09:18am
Quote (Santara @ 10 Feb 2015 09:49)
Lotta statist motherfuckers up in this bitch. I see no real problems with mandating some vaccines for entry into public schools, but they've gone overboard. Chickenpox vaccine? For fuck's sake. I know people can get some irritating diseases later in life if they don't get chickenpox early in life, but is it such a major public health threat that they have to essentially force people to vaccinate kids for the fucking chickenpox? Please.

Then there's the ignorant motherfuckers saying vaccines are safe. For the most part, sure they are. But they also have some serious, life altering/ending effects too. The notion that you can strip people of the right to choose whether to accept or deny healthcare is sickening. Bunch of you statists should just /wrists and do the world a favor.

Or full-on 1984.

Deal with it by yourself. And so you know, the Amish get vaccinations too. Maybe not as much as you'd like to force onto them, but enough to be noteworthy.

The flu vaccine is actually more dangerous than doing nothing. People who get flu vaccines should just find the nearest lemming and chase it to wherever it leads.

http://sharylattkisson.com/govt-researchers-flu-shots-not-effective-in-elderly-after-all/

The only vaccines I am talking about are lifesaving vaccines, small pox/ mmr. If we don't continue with vaccinating for these we open the doors for catastrophic epidemics. look at how much smaller our planet has become. How many more people move from here to there than did the last time these were a problem. There were no transcontinental flights no bumper to bumper 8-lane interstates imagine how fast smallpox or the measles would travel if the no-vaccine trend caught fire. If everyone got lazy or scared and became irresponsible parents. How many millions could die?

At the bold ...look at the percentages, in the beginning pages of this thread the days of mercury use are over vaccines are safe, are they 100% no.. but nothing is 100% safe
you do realize that you contradict yourself in that statement or at least lump yourself into the ignorant motherfuckers club you can be vice president if you want. :P
Gold: 8,933.00
Feb 10 2015 09:25am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Feb 10 2015 09:18am)
The only vaccines I am talking about are lifesaving vaccines, small pox/ mmr. If we don't continue with vaccinating for these we open the doors for catastrophic epidemics. look at how much smaller our planet has become. How many more people move from here to there than did the last time these were a problem. There were no transcontinental flights no bumper to bumper 8-lane interstates imagine how fast smallpox or the measles would travel if the no-vaccine trend caught fire. If everyone got lazy or scared and became irresponsible parents. How many millions could die?

At the bold ...look at the percentages, in the beginning pages of this thread the days of mercury use are over vaccines are safe, are they 100% no.. but nothing is 100% safe
you do realize that you contradict yourself in that statement or at least lump yourself into the ignorant motherfuckers club you can be vice president if you want. :P

Aren't you liberals always complaining there are too many people on this small planet? There weren't intercontinental flights when the Spanish flu killed tens of millions either, just so you know, and it spread across the world simultaneously too. No one is saying we should stop vaccinating. We're just saying that with the small percentage of people out there who don't want it, don't force it on them. What are you worried about? You're VACCINATED!

What I lump myself into is that I support choosing a polio, mmr, tetanus or smallpox vaccine. I do not support forcing it on anyone, and I do not support choosing chickenpox or flu vaccines for myself or my family.
Gold: 4,921.71
Feb 10 2015 09:40am
Mmr should be forced on all who decide to walk out of their house and mingle with another human being

Not fair on the immunocompromised citizens (not just children but adults too) who have to suffer to the the zOMg-rights crowd. Why are their rights to live weighed less?

This post was edited by Bazi on Feb 10 2015 09:40am
Feb 10 2015 09:41am
Quote (cambovenzi @ 10 Feb 2015 10:00)
Typical appeal to emotion. Keeping vaccines voluntary does not mean vaccines go away completely.
Nor does it mean returning to high death tolls at the height of various diseases.
A large portion of society chooses to get vaccinated for various things. Many diseases were already being mostly stamped out before the onset of their vaccinations. There are numerous leaps we have taken in many areas outside of vaccinations that sharply reduced the consequences and likelihood of disease spreading.

I wrote that sarcastically emotional response in rebuttal to the quoted equally patriotic reasoning for non-vaccinating ( it was sappy on purpose)

Quote (2sexy4u @ 10 Feb 2015 10:04)
Sorry for google translation + french source:

Experts who study the anti- vaccine movement know that parents are not ignorant on the matter, on the contrary. They read tons of search results and talk back and forth with friends.

With the exception of some religious communities, the most likely people to reject vaccines are educated people who are attracted to alternative medicine and believe they know what is best for their child.

A US study has produced similar results.

Monika Naus , however, says that vaccination rates were stable in the country and that the refusal rate has not increased.

http://www.985fm.ca/national/nouvelles/les-autorites-de-la-sante-incapables-de-convaincre-555684.html

there is no alternative for the small pox/polio/ mmr vaccine what would they use wWtchhazel ? Rosemary?

Gold: 277,740.50
Feb 10 2015 09:45am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Feb 10 2015 11:41am)
I wrote that sarcastically emotional response in rebuttal to the quoted equally patriotic reasoning for non-vaccinating ( it was sappy on purpose)

there is no alternative for the small pox/polio/ mmr vaccine what would they use wWtchhazel ? Rosemary?

Many post here claim that parent who refuse to vaccinate there kids are ignorants, i just wanted to pointed out, with proof, that they totally wrong.

Quote (Santara @ Feb 10 2015 11:25am)
What I lump myself into is that I support choosing a polio, mmr, tetanus or smallpox vaccine. I do not support forcing it on anyone, and I do not support choosing chickenpox or flu vaccines for myself or my family.

I agree

This post was edited by 2sexy4u on Feb 10 2015 09:46am
Feb 10 2015 09:52am
Quote (Santara @ 10 Feb 2015 10:25)
Aren't you liberals always complaining there are too many people on this small planet? There weren't intercontinental flights when the Spanish flu killed tens of millions either, just so you know, and it spread across the world simultaneously too. No one is saying we should stop vaccinating. We're just saying that with the small percentage of people out there who don't want it, don't force it on them. What are you worried about? You're VACCINATED!

are you using a strawman as well? I only support the vaccination of children there is truly no way to enforce it I suppose you could vaccinate through a school program, which is the way I was I still have the scar to prove it. I don't think withholding education from a child is the answer I'd rather see it maybe done in either a tax incentive or penalty that way the ones making the choice are the ones affected not the child.

But seriously if you are thinking of Not having your child vaccinated talk to a pediatrician find one who will take time to explain the real risks and benefits of the vaccine, don't rely on anything you read on the internet. Not when it comes to your kid.
We can fuss and fight, but talk to a medical professional, if you don't have one ask around, parents of older kids will have some good names

Feb 10 2015 09:58am
Quote (2sexy4u @ Feb 10 2015 10:45am)
Many post here claim that parent who refuse to vaccinate there kids are ignorants, i just wanted to pointed out, with proof, that they totally wrong.

I agree

... and believe they know what is best...

What proof?

That some hipsters think their opinion based on conversations with their
friends
and
tons
of google results are better than decades of evidence based medical knowledge?

:thumbs up bro! Good proofs!
Gold: 277,740.50
Feb 10 2015 10:00am
Quote (Bazi @ Feb 10 2015 11:58am)
What proof?

That some hipsters think their opinion based on conversations with their and of google results are better than decades of evidence based medical knowledge?

:thumbs up bro! Good proofs!

Studies from experts, no goggle there. see post #90

Feb 10 2015 10:02am
Quote (2sexy4u @ Feb 10 2015 11:00am)
Studies from experts, no goggle there. see post #90

I'm on my phone atm it often bugs up on jsp

Do you mind posting just one of these expert studies?

I have no doubt they "believe" they are doing what is best for their child. The fact is that they are setting up a situation very lethal do countless immunocompromised citizens while simultaneously providing no benefit to their child.

This post was edited by Bazi on Feb 10 2015 10:03am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18910111247Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll