d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Voter Id Good Idea? Or Illegal Poll Tax? > Decisions Are Across The Board
Prev18910111214Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Oct 19 2014 01:14pm
Quote (Santara @ Oct 19 2014 01:37pm)
Anyone can get a student ID, but only legal residents can get a CC permit. Derp.

Not anyone can get a student ID. Only students can get a student ID. Come to my university and see if they let you have an identification card :lol:

I also had to show identification to enroll as well. College ID cards do identify the people who hold them. If you're not registered to vote somewhere you aren't going to vote regardless of your immigration status as a student.

You just derped me on some complete bullshit and I request a retraction of said derp.

Hell, a CC permit in Texas isn't even good in Ohio, because they give them away so easily they don't pass the muster of full faith and credit.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 19 2014 01:15pm
Gold: 25.00
Oct 19 2014 01:36pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 19 2014 02:14pm)
Not anyone can get a student ID.  Only students can get a student ID.  Come to my university and see if they let you have an identification card  :lol:

I also had to show identification to enroll as well.  College ID cards do identify the people who hold them.  If you're not registered to vote somewhere you aren't going to vote regardless of your immigration status as a student.

You just derped me on some complete bullshit and I request a retraction of said derp.

Hell, a CC permit in Texas isn't even good in Ohio, because they give them away so easily they don't pass the muster of full faith and credit.

So colleges are racist?
Oct 19 2014 01:55pm
Quote (Mangix @ Oct 19 2014 02:36pm)
So colleges are racist?

Funny thing is mine college is right in the middle of a city, and many of the students are imported from the suburbs and rural Ohio. I have heard them say that being at the University of Cincinnati was the most diverse place they've ever been, while in reality there might be one or two black people in any given class at a time. There are tons and tons of Chinese engineering students and computer scientists but I don't think non-English speaking Asians are what they mean :lol:

Meanwhile since the college is right in the middle of the city young hood niggas are robbing the shit out of them, often with a pointed fingers in their pockets. Then we get an email every time it happens.

I've lived in this neighborhood for a decade now and never had a problem. I wonder what these poor students are thinking. One of the emails said a black teenager walked up to a student and asked them for their iphone, and the student just gave it to them. It did not report that a weapon was there. Is it a robbery if somebody asks you for something and you give it to him? The email listed it as such.

But short answer, yes, mine is. They let blacks in as long as they can slam dunk or run into each other head first really well.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 19 2014 01:56pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 19 2014 02:11pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 19 2014 02:14pm)
Not anyone can get a student ID.  Only students can get a student ID.  Come to my university and see if they let you have an identification card  :lol:

I also had to show identification to enroll as well.  College ID cards do identify the people who hold them.  If you're not registered to vote somewhere you aren't going to vote regardless of your immigration status as a student.

Non-citizens and non-residents can get a college ID.

Not so with CC.

GC ยง411.172. ELIGIBILITY.
(a) A person is eligible for a license to carry a concealed handgun if the person:
(1) is a legal resident of this state for the six-month period preceding the date of application under this subchapter or is otherwise eligible for a license under Section 411.173(a);

This post was edited by Santara on Oct 19 2014 02:11pm
Oct 19 2014 03:43pm
Quote (Santara @ Oct 19 2014 03:11pm)
Non-citizens and non-residents can get a college ID.

Not so with CC.

You completely ignored the content of my post.

I still request a withdraw of that derp.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 19 2014 03:44pm
Oct 19 2014 03:46pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 19 2014 04:43pm)
You completely ignored the content of my post.

I still request a withdraw of that derp.

Why would I withdraw it? A CC permit, by reason of the criteria for obtaining one, identifies a person as a legal resident of the state. A college ID does not, precisely because while the people who have one MAY be citizens, they aren't NECESSARILY citizens of TX.
Oct 19 2014 03:49pm
Quote (Santara @ Oct 19 2014 04:46pm)
Why would I withdraw it? A CC permit, by reason of the criteria for obtaining one, identifies a person as a legal resident of the state. A college ID does not, precisely because while the people who have one MAY be citizens, they aren't NECESSARILY citizens of TX.

The identification law is so that people working at polling stations know that the person presenting the ID is who they say they are. Why again would a college ID be insufficient for that narrow task that it is necessary for?
Oct 19 2014 03:54pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 19 2014 04:49pm)
The identification law is so that people working at polling stations know that the person presenting the ID is who they say they are.  Why again would a college ID be insufficient for that narrow task that it is necessary for?

Because doing something ever so familiar like presenting a photo ID and a recent utility bill may establish residency for same-day voting registration, they in no way indicate the validity of said registration until the vote has been cast (and intermingled with the legitimate votes).
Oct 19 2014 04:05pm
Quote (Santara @ Oct 19 2014 04:54pm)
Because doing something ever so familiar like presenting a photo ID and a recent utility bill may establish residency for same-day voting registration, they in no way indicate the validity of said registration until the vote has been cast (and intermingled with the legitimate votes).

Texas doesn't have same-day voter registration.

Against, request an un-derp-ing.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 19 2014 04:06pm
Gold: 25.00
Oct 19 2014 04:27pm
In more interesting news, here in NC the guy leading the charge of how 'racist' our new ID laws also known as Moral Mondays, Reverend SJW was caught telling people to pretty much muck up the voting process as much as possible. He wants them to force old and other people by bus into situations like taking them to wrong polling stations, and taking unregistered voters to vote on days they aren't allowed to register. so that those people are unable to vote and are then examples of voter being 'disenfranchised'.

They can't actually prove their case so he wants to go to extreme measures. #politicking

This post was edited by Mangix on Oct 19 2014 04:28pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18910111214Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll