d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Was Jesus Truly Crucified? > Open Your Minds And Research!
Prev18910111238Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 152.00
Aug 10 2012 06:08am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Aug 10 2012 07:54am)
...this post is directed at my fellow Christians !

...in my entire time on this forum I have never seen a thread that proves the following Scripture more than this one -

Matthew 7:6

New International Version (©1984)

"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

...if you truly value Holy Scripture do not argue with those who oppose it ; do not try to counter their lies or use the Bible as a weapon against them .

Peace

Duly noted, but I do hope not everyone in this thread is a dog or pig and is able to see reason ;)
Gold: 655.00
Aug 10 2012 06:31am
Quote (Voyaging @ Aug 10 2012 08:08am)
Duly noted, but I do hope not everyone in this thread is a dog or pig and is able to see reason ;)

i think of this line more in the sense of the line, let your alms sweat before you give them away.

in the idea of the man who was with his horse walking to town when he comes across a man fallen in the ditch asking for help to get to town. the man with the horse helps the fallen man up onto the horse, the moment the fallen man is on the horse he takes the reigns and gallops off. while the man who just had his horse stolen screams out "please dont tell any one how you got that horse!!!!!"

for the man with out his horse was more concerned that others would hear the story and not be willing to help a man fallen in the ditch then that his horse was stolen.

catholic churchs pretty much require you to donate to them, the idea of allways giving alms when asked, in a sense to counter the story above. in the hopes that people will continue to help people regardless of how many times they have been scammed.

while the passage above very clearly stats that you should let your alms sweat before you give them away.

though the phase let your alms sweat can also be found in the first chapter of the didache circa 50 ad.

Woe to him who receives; for if one receives who has need, he is guiltless; but he who receives not having need shall pay the penalty, why he received and for what. And coming into confinement, he shall be examined concerning the things which he has done, and he shall not escape from there until he pays back the last penny. And also concerning this, it has been said, Let your alms sweat in your hands, until you know to whom you should give.

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/didache-roberts.html

the line merely states, think before you give away what is valuable to yourself.

This post was edited by Ylem122 on Aug 10 2012 06:32am
Gold: 152.00
Aug 10 2012 06:35am
Quote (Ylem122 @ Aug 10 2012 08:31am)
i think of this line more in the sense of the line, let your alms sweat before you give them away.

in the idea of the man who was with his horse walking to town when he comes across a man fallen in the ditch asking for help to get to town. the man with the horse helps the fallen man up onto the horse, the moment the fallen man is on the horse he takes the reigns and gallops off. while the man who just had his horse stolen screams out "please dont tell any one how you got that horse!!!!!"

for the man with out his horse was more concerned that others would hear the story and not be willing to help a man fallen in the ditch then that his horse was stolen.

catholic churchs pretty much require you to donate to them, the idea of allways giving alms when asked, in a sense to counter the story above. in the hopes that people will continue to help people regardless of how many times they have been scammed.

while the passage above very clearly stats that you should let your alms sweat before you give them away.

though the phase let your alms sweat can also be found in the first chapter of the didache circa 50 ad.

Woe to him who receives; for if one receives who has need, he is guiltless; but he who receives not having need shall pay the penalty, why he received and for what. And coming into confinement, he shall be examined concerning the things which he has done, and he shall not escape from there until he pays back the last penny. And also concerning this, it has been said, Let your alms sweat in your hands, until you know to whom you should give.

the line merely states, think before you give away what is valuable to yourself.

I think it specifically refers to spreading the word of God.
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 10 2012 06:36am
Quote (Voyaging @ Aug 10 2012 07:08am)

Apparently the OP falls into that category though.
Aug 10 2012 06:41am
Quote (Voyaging @ Aug 10 2012 08:35am)
I think it specifically refers to spreading the word of God.

1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

i disagree

more specifically with this passage it infers the idea of judging people as less then you and going to help them, similar to the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

i.e. think before you give away what is valuable to your self.

This post was edited by Ylem122 on Aug 10 2012 06:44am
Gold: 7,252.72
Aug 10 2012 06:43am
Quote (Ylem122 @ Aug 10 2012 08:31am)

...why do you rely on your own mistaken interpretation and not the teachings of the Biblical scholars ? Your personal interpretation is not in agreement with Christian teaching .
Aug 10 2012 06:45am
Quote (Ylem122 @ Aug 10 2012 08:41am)
1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

i disagree

more specifically with this passage it infers the idea of judging people as less then you and going to help them, similar to the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

i.e. think before you give away what is valuable to your self.

...do you understand the concept of Biblical concordance ?
Aug 10 2012 06:46am
listen to the pharisees you say?

Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Aug 10 2012 08:45am)
...do you understand the concept of Biblical concordance ?

This post was edited by Ylem122 on Aug 10 2012 06:47am
Aug 10 2012 06:47am
Quote (Ylem122 @ Aug 10 2012 08:46am)

...you need to start over and submit to sound teaching so that when you do talk about Scripture you have solid footing .
Aug 10 2012 06:48am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Aug 10 2012 08:47am)
...you need to start over and submit to sound teaching so that when you do talk about Scripture you have solid footing .

is not the gospel sound?

This post was edited by Ylem122 on Aug 10 2012 06:48am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18910111238Next
Closed New Topic New Poll