d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Paul Ryan Budget
Prev18910111215Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 29 2012 01:03pm
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ Mar 29 2012 02:02pm)
not nearly as disastrous as it could be. and its the ONLY way to stave off the eventual disaster for all.

We could wait for a more steady recovery, make modest tax increases and spending cuts, and we could have a balanced budget in 10 years.

All pointless discussion of course, Washington won't ever balance the budget.
Gold: 1,513.00
Mar 29 2012 01:04pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 29 2012 02:56pm)
I agree, I'm just not as extreme about it.  Cutting deficits isn't going to immediately translate into job growth, and there are a hell of a lot of people out of work.

It's not going to be a tiny bit of suffering, it's going to be disastrous(if we do it your way).

Horseshit. People can't find jobs because they aren't looking. Or they are too proud to take any job handed to them. Retail, fast food, and restaurants are *always* hiring.

Sure they won't be making the same wage, but they won't be unemployed.
Gold: 83.30
Mar 29 2012 01:05pm
Quote (njaguar @ Mar 29 2012 07:02pm)
Doubtful, because if it was even remotely obvious that you wanted a recovery I would have done a right click -> Notes -> Recovery paste of the canned response I give to the thousands of these requests I receive each month. I reply to nearly every message I receive, unless it is about a subject that clearly says do not PM staff about (such as name changes for names that are already taken, warn issues, banned accounts, etc -- so perhaps if you made it sound like the account was banned or something, maybe that was why it was ignored). Otherwise I at least direct everyone to General Help as a last recourse.

In any case, knock off the conspiracy shit, it's tiring, and I'd think after being in here for years with you guys, those of you with a fraction of brain would realize these baseless accusations are patently false. I have disagreed with everyone in here at one time or another, and will continue to do so. Disagreeing has never got anyone in trouble, because I have never considered that a basis for any wrong-doing whatsoever.

Regarding your character, if you're of the mind that you make baseless judgments against authority figures and then hold that grudge years later, then yes, it speaks volumes about your "character". You're a scorner.

Now, let's get back to the budget discussion.

RUSSiABANK: Decrease in expenditures will decrease income by a fair amount. How much is left up to speculation, and recovery and regain of that is also of the same. Since this has never been tried to this level, it really is uncharted territory.

Am I allowed to disagree with that?
Gold: 285.00
Quote (njaguar @ Mar 29 2012 02:02pm)
Doubtful, because if it was even remotely obvious that you wanted a recovery I would have done a right click -> Notes -> Recovery paste of the canned response I give to the thousands of these requests I receive each month. I reply to nearly every message I receive, unless it is about a subject that clearly says do not PM staff about (such as name changes for names that are already taken, warn issues, banned accounts, etc -- so perhaps if you made it sound like the account was banned or something, maybe that was why it was ignored). Otherwise I at least direct everyone to General Help as a last recourse.

In any case, knock off the conspiracy shit, it's tiring, and I'd think after being in here for years with you guys, those of you with a fraction of brain would realize these baseless accusations are patently false. I have disagreed with everyone in here at one time or another, and will continue to do so. Disagreeing has never got anyone in trouble, because I have never considered that a basis for any wrong-doing whatsoever.

Regarding your character, if you're of the mind that you make baseless judgments against authority figures and then hold that grudge years later, then yes, it speaks volumes about your "character". You're a scorner.

Now, let's get back to the budget discussion.

RUSSiABANK: Decrease in expenditures will decrease income by a fair amount. How much is left up to speculation, and recovery and regain of that is also of the same. Since this has never been tried to this level, it really is uncharted territory.

Way to get super defensive.

I never implied there was a conspiracy. No RP avatar here.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 29 2012 01:06pm
Admin
Gold: 16,845.00
Trader: Trusted
Quote (TopherJohn @ 29 Mar 2012 14:04)
Horseshit. People can't find jobs because they aren't looking. Or they are too proud to take any job handed to them. Retail, fast food, and restaurants are *always* hiring.

It's not quite that simple in all cases. In some cases, you make less money by having one of those jobs than by accepting unemployment. Not saying it's right to do so, but it is how some people justify it.

Quote (Skinned @ 29 Mar 2012 14:05)

Way to falsely accuse/blame me in the first place.
Gold: 133,165.00
Mar 29 2012 01:06pm
I wouldn't call it uncharted. I would absolutely agree with you though that there will be an initial dip/plunge as the cuts are first enacted. Of course, he plans to do them in phases, as to mitigate any ridiculous. And the results down the road will be increased prosperity and rapid growth.

Ron Paul's point is that no matter what, we need to start going backwards and undoing all of these regulations and bureaucracies. If we do not do it fast enough, the debt is going to destroy our currency when its not longer the reserve currency. The BRIC countries are already working on undoing the dependency on the US dollar. The writing is on the wall.
Mar 29 2012 01:07pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 29 2012 12:03pm)
We could wait for a more steady recovery, make modest tax increases and spending cuts, and we could have a balanced budget in 10 years.

All pointless discussion of course, Washington won't ever balance the budget.

tax increases do not help to solve the problem, which is job growth. We actually need tax cuts.

We need to kill the Federal Reserve too, and its low interest rates. There is a reason we aren't building capitol.

This post was edited by RUSSiABANK on Mar 29 2012 01:07pm
Gold: 2,255.00
Quote (TopherJohn @ Mar 29 2012 02:04pm)

Tell that to the guy who get told they're over-qualified, and that the job should go to a kid who needs the job experience. I've heard it, I can count 3 close friends off the top of my head I know have heard it, and I'm sure theres more than just us 4.

Ron Paul's point is that no matter what, we need to start going backwards and undoing all of these regulations and bureaucracies

I agree generally speaking, but wasn't it lack of regulation that caused a major part of the last big collapse?

This post was edited by bigspot_05 on Mar 29 2012 01:09pm
Gold: 83.30
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ Mar 29 2012 07:06pm)
I wouldn't call it uncharted. I would absolutely agree with you though that there will be an initial dip/plunge as the cuts are first enacted. Of course, he plans to do them in phases, as to mitigate any ridiculous. And the results down the road will be increased prosperity and rapid growth.

Ron Paul's point is that no matter what, we need to start going backwards and undoing all of these regulations and bureaucracies. If we do not do it fast enough, the debt is going to destroy our currency when its not longer the reserve currency. The BRIC countries are already working on undoing the dependency on the US dollar. The writing is on the wall.

Are there any real world examples of RP theory working and promoting economical growth along with increased wealth?
Mar 29 2012 01:08pm
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 29 2012 12:05pm)

I never implied there was a conspiracy.  No RP avatar here.

insinuating that conspiracy theories are reserved for a select group of people. That made me laugh.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18910111215Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll