d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Intellectual Child Abuse > When Should It Become Illegal?
Prev18910111239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,004.00
May 24 2011 11:37am
Quote (njaguar @ May 24 2011 12:28pm)
Let's tackle this piece by piece:
Carbon dating- doesn't work beyond 40-50k years. Fail.
Geological evidence (rock layers) - Cannot be effectively dated directly through any known methods, by itself. Fail.
Dinosaurs being killed/captured- There are many ancient cultures that depict "dinosaur" like creatures in their artwork, and stories. All ancient cultures had "dragons" as part of their history. How did all them come up with this at the same time? Fail.
Dinosaurs photographed- FAIL. Seriously?

We don't need carbon dating to work beyond 40-50k Dinosaurs were here long before that, and humans less than that. If the bones are so old carbon dating doesn't work then they didn't live with us.
Geological evidence is strong enough to substantiate that dinosaurs were long before us. We don't need to put an exact date on how many millions of years if we're only talking about if they lived with people or not.
Dragon pictures? I love that one. I LOL every time I see it on some YEC site. I have some drawings of bigfoot, too.

Not only does the existing evidence show dinosaurs lived long before us, there is no credible evidence to suggest they did live with us.
Gold: 90.65
Warn: 50%
May 24 2011 11:37am
Quote (njaguar @ May 25 2011 05:17am)
He obviously didn't google it. Look for yourself:
http://www.google.com/search?q=proof+that+dinosaurs+did+not+live+with+man

I see a lot of sites detailing proof that man MIGHT have lived with dinosaurs, but none that provide proof to the contrary, that are not in a discard it through laughter sense. Oh wait, that's exactly what this entire topic is trying to do. My bad, I forgot that's the "science" they are teaching kids these days. Laugh at the other person when you can't explain it.

was that link supposed to in some way strengthen your arguement ?

Quote (njaguar @ May 25 2011 05:18am)
Cite the study that was done, or I'm calling bullshit on your made up statistic.

call all the bullshit you want
show your own studys that the majority of christains in fact do beleive this

Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ May 25 2011 05:38am)
...and there is zero evidence that they didn't

checkmate

yeah , all those older strata with dinosaurs , and no humans
and all those newer strata , with humans , and no dinosaurs
zero evidence ........

This post was edited by Matao on May 24 2011 11:40am
Gold: 4,910.00
May 24 2011 11:38am
as long as it's not taught as certainty, but as an opinion/belief it's not abuse.. if it's taught as certainty aka straight up lying, than that's wrong... obviously parents are teaching this to their kids as factual, which is fucked up.
Gold: 7,252.72
May 24 2011 11:38am
Quote (ArcticShadow @ May 24 2011 01:37pm)
We don't need carbon dating to work beyond 40-50k Dinosaurs were here long before that, and humans less than that.  If the bones are so old carbon dating doesn't work then they didn't live with us.
Geological evidence is strong enough to substantiate that dinosaurs were long before us.    We don't need to put an exact date on how many millions of years if we're only talking about if they lived with people or not.
Dragon pictures?  I love that one.  I LOL every time I see it on some YEC site.    I have some drawings of bigfoot, too.

Not only does the existing evidence show dinosaurs lived long before us, there is no credible evidence to suggest they did live with us.

checkmate
May 24 2011 11:39am
Quote (njaguar @ May 24 2011 12:30pm)
No, they are your world-view that you choose to believe over another! Do not confuse this for anything other than what it really is, you are indoctrinating others based upon your beliefs. There are other explanations, and "commonly accepted" is a misnomer. Cite your studies that contend what is and isn't common please, with the specific date, locations it encompassed, and questions asked.

Believing something is not knowing something.

A belief requires no evidence or reason, which is why that term is used with religion.
May 24 2011 11:41am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ May 24 2011 12:38pm)

checkmate

You can only come to that conclusion by willfully ignoring the evidence. Simply closing your eyes and ears doesn't make something go away.
Gold: 11.00
May 24 2011 11:41am
Quote (ArcticShadow @ May 24 2011 01:37pm)
We don't need carbon dating to work beyond 40-50k Dinosaurs were here long before that, and humans less than that.  If the bones are so old carbon dating doesn't work then they didn't live with us.
Geological evidence is strong enough to substantiate that dinosaurs were long before us.    We don't need to put an exact date on how many millions of years if we're only talking about if they lived with people or not.
Dragon pictures?  I love that one.  I LOL every time I see it on some YEC site.    I have some drawings of bigfoot, too.

Based on what? You keep saying "They were and they weren't" but you aren't providing any proof.
What geological evidence? Can you provide please?
Why do you think dragon pictures in ancient times aren't proof of dinosaurs living with man?
What existing evidence? You haven't shown us any. Also, you are saying the evidence that says likewise isn't credible? How do you know that?

Quote (Matao @ May 24 2011 01:37pm)
was that link supposed to in some way strengthen your arguement ?

call all the bullshit you want
show your own studys that the majority of christains in fact do beleive this

We don't need to find proof to prove YOUR theories right.
Gold: 270.56
May 24 2011 11:42am
Quote (OgreDan @ May 24 2011 09:36am)
I'm still waiting for them to even try and show their proof. I haven't seen it yet.

what is a fact? how do you define truth?
Gold: 7,252.72
Quote (ArcticShadow @ May 24 2011 01:41pm)
You can only come to that conclusion by willfully ignoring the evidence.  Simply closing your eyes and ears doesn't make something go away.

I wonder how many people actually know what this discussion is about ?

( hint - it's not dinosaurs )
Admin
Gold: 15,820.00
Trader: Trusted
Quote (ArcticShadow @ 24 May 2011 12:37)

You fail to understand how carbon dating works. It no longer works accurately beyond 40-50k years, meaning the results are jaded. You cannot use carbon dating to prove or disprove dinosaur age being old or young.

Geological evidence is based purely on assumptions, no direct dating techniques work to identify the true age of rock formations. We have found trees that grow through multiple rock strata, how is that possible? Trees that are hundreds of millions of years old? Talk about fairy tales.

I have a picture of Abraham Lincoln. By your logic, that doesn't prove he ever existed, and by your very statement, you agree that you will not take photographic evidence into account as proof. This means that you yourself are limiting what you will accept as proof, and basing this entirely on belief. Even rudamentary studies on ancient cultures will show that Dragons are not simply "lul", unless you truly believe that man in all parts of the world came up with the same stories, magically, by chance, out of thin air. Heck, you're free to believe anything you want. :)
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18910111239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll