d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Existence Is Cringe.
Prev18910111216Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 80,771.69
May 9 2023 03:14pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ May 8 2023 11:55am)
Imo the continuance of existence is pretty cringe.

Like, we have to eat and shit and stiff and that's pretty dumb. Any God worth his salt wouldn't have made the world so dumb.

Imo we should seek a way to rip apart spacetime to eliminate all of existence to avoid how cringe it is.

I often blame my dead grandpa for his estate falling apart, youre not even remotely on point.
Gold: 260.11
May 9 2023 03:18pm
Quote (lodd222 @ May 9 2023 04:14pm)
I often blame my dead grandpa for his estate falling apart, youre not even remotely on point.

So God is dead? I'm confused as to what you're saying.
Gold: 291.00
May 9 2023 03:34pm
Quote (duffman316 @ May 9 2023 11:33am)
Have you heard of our lord and savior Jesus christ

man, where's frodo when you need him
Gold: 80,771.69
May 9 2023 03:38pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ May 9 2023 02:18pm)
So God is dead? I'm confused as to what you're saying.

im proud you finally got a riddle of mine:

Gold: 11,345.00
May 9 2023 05:01pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ May 9 2023 03:49pm)

I find myself curious about how accessible God is to folks who claim such a relationship, and what the nature of that communication is like. I had the thought of asking two people who feel like they have such a relationship with the same God to individually ask God a question, such as "Can you give me the same 5 numbers ranging from 1 - 5,000 that you'll also give to Person B?", and if people were able to generate the same numbers, well, then that would certainly be interesting.

This is a silly notion, that's not how it works.

Communication with God isn't like our typical understanding of what we mean when we say communication, like for example me responding to you right now.

Typically from my experience, we Christians communicate with God through prayer. Sometime prayers are answered with various action in one's life, or lack of actions, or through Bible verses or through the Holy Spirit which I would liken to having an internal dialogue in your thoughts with something that is always God-aligned.

And the bolded is nonsense. God is not Chat GPT to be tested and toyed with. You would never find such a person, and anyone that tells you they communicate with God in that manner is full of it.
Gold: 0.00
May 9 2023 05:10pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 9 2023 04:01pm)

Communication with God isn't like our typical understanding of what we mean when we say communication, like for example me responding to you right now.

Typically from my experience, we Christians communicate with God through prayer. Sometime prayers are answered with various action in one's life, or lack of actions, or through Bible verses or through the Holy Spirit which I would liken to having an internal dialogue in your thoughts with something that is always God-aligned.

And the bolded is nonsense. God is not Chat GPT to be tested and toyed with. You would never find such a person, and anyone that tells you they communicate with God in that manner is full of it.

But I think that's exactly it, is that there are a great many people who share your and Elite's perspective on what it might mean to "communicate with God", but there are many other interpretations, perspectives, and claims about what that means to others.
May 9 2023 05:17pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ May 9 2023 07:10pm)
But I think that's exactly it, is that there are a great many people who share your and Elite's perspective on what it might mean to "communicate with God", but there are many other interpretations, perspectives, and claims about what that means to others.

The people that tell you they have conversations with God and he tells them to do silly things oh idk go do circles in a field or go kill someone or some other schizoesque things vast majority of time can be disregarded as nonsense. you talk to most Christians and they’ll tel you the same thing.

May 9 2023 05:27pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 9 2023 06:01pm)

This is really the problem, that God is totally indistinguishable from confirmation bias. Kind of a shitty God if he's so vague every religion can claim to be speaking to you and nobody can ever prove otherwise.
May 9 2023 05:32pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ May 9 2023 07:27pm)
This is really the problem, that God is totally indistinguishable from confirmation bias. Kind of a shitty God if he's so vague every religion can claim to be speaking to you and nobody can ever prove otherwise.

I mean throughout the years you’ve been full of garbage takes, at least youre consistent in this regard with yet another one.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on May 9 2023 05:32pm
May 9 2023 06:03pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 9 2023 06:32pm)
I mean throughout the years you’ve been full of garbage takes, at least youre consistent in this regard with yet another one.

If by "garbage take" you mean "unambiguously factual take" then sure.

Your God is totally indistinguishable from confirmation bias by your own description lol.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18910111216Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll