d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev18898908918928933169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 152.00
Oct 12 2016 05:58pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ Oct 12 2016 07:51pm)
I actually think you are all thinking about these few recent points wrongly.... I think it is just that conservatives and liberals have different morals. If we were to consider things like being straight and getting married and living by the law and having a happy life, including having children you can support because you want to and can support them moral then you are on the conservative side.

If you want to be on the liberal side you have to consider it moral to have sex, consensual, at any time you want. If you get pregnant, if you don't want it you abort it. There is a 30-40 percent chance you are gay so you won't get married you will get a life partner, and you two will support each other while rejecting the opposite sex. You may even adopt a child and act as surrogate parents, whereas they may as you which is the mommy and which is the daddy. This is the liberal kind of moral. Also you can call people racist and not be racist if you think simliarly to those you call racist just because you are callin gthem racist. also you can disobey the law if you disagree with it

Yes they just have different morals. The problem, though, is that the Republican's morals are not morals at all. They are fundamentally Ayn Randian selfish anti-morals. It is the opposite of morality.
Gold: 2,620.00
Oct 12 2016 06:00pm
Quote (IceMage @ 12 Oct 2016 18:45)
Moral considerations aren't black and white. You can say that supporting a man like Trump for president is immoral, but not supporting him guarantees a woman like Hillary, who has incredibly immoral positions like support of late-term abortion, the presidency. Grown ups don't think in black and white terms, we work through issues in the gray.

Conservatives care about the morality of America just like liberals do, just in a different way. They might lose the moral battle to win the moral war.

My point is that it is all politics. Conservatives don't actually posses some grand moral compass, and the time it has taken them to distance themselves from Trump has made that abundantly clear. In fact, most of the party and GOP voters still support him.

Do Democrats and Liberals really care about poor people, women, or minorities? Maybe, maybe not. But they mainly care about votes.

There's hardly any morality in American politics. It's all about votes and power. But at least one party doesn't consistently and falsely advertise themselves as being on the morally principled high ground, and that's my point.
Gold: 28,296.75
Oct 12 2016 06:02pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ Oct 12 2016 04:51pm)
I actually think you are all thinking about these few recent points wrongly.... I think it is just that conservatives and liberals have different morals. If we were to consider things like being straight and getting married and living by the law and having a happy life, including having children you can support because you want to and can support them moral then you are on the conservative side.

If you want to be on the liberal side you have to consider it moral to have sex, consensual, at any time you want. If you get pregnant, if you don't want it you abort it. There is a 30-40 percent chance you are gay so you won't get married you will get a life partner, and you two will support each other while rejecting the opposite sex. You may even adopt a child and act as surrogate parents, whereas they may as you which is the mommy and which is the daddy. This is the liberal kind of moral. Also you can call people racist and not be racist if you think simliarly to those you call racist just because you are callin gthem racist. also you can disobey the law if you disagree with it

I have felt like I've been in a political twilight zone episode for a year. I'm starting to believe someone is actually putting shit in the water to fuck with and destroy minds
Gold: 1.73
Oct 12 2016 06:04pm
Quote (Voyaging @ 12 Oct 2016 19:58)
Yes they just have different morals. The problem, though, is that the Republican's morals are not morals at all. They are fundamentally Ayn Randian selfish anti-morals. It is the opposite of morality.

I'm not sure what you are speaking of. Mostly people who handle their money correctly and plan well choose when to have children and don't need to have abortions or anything of the like. Through all the BLM and other scandelous issues we see on both sides of the current election we forgot the original divisions of liberals and republicans in this recent times.

Most of it had to do with how we apply healthy care, when abortion is or is not legal, marijuana legalization, whether or not gays can get married (Im pretty sure this is legal in most states now but i don't keep up on these things), and the rights of people on welfare and how long they are allowed to be on it.

Forget BLM, forget grab by the pussy, forget the deleted emails and the exploitation of taxes through legal means.....

Most of these issues are pointless, or pertaining to the crimes/ cringe reasons why people wouldn't elect a candidate.

Most conservatives believe in abortion only if the person has been raped. Liberals believe in right of choice, but there is different consideration on when is the 'bundle of cells' as they call it is considered a human being.

Recently you posters in this part of the forum have gotten a high of how smart you think you are because you have a certain set of morals that happen to agree with each other but forgotten how equal you are with the rest of the posters here (honestly there are few really intelligent people here. Most of you are quite average, including me)

I think its quite funny. I also think spelcheck is one of the stupidest people on both sides.
Gold: 9,164.33
Oct 12 2016 06:07pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Oct 12 2016 03:05pm)
Paul Ryan and Republican leaders are distancing themselves from Donald Trump in light of his leaked audio tape for political reasons, not for moral reasons.

If they really had strong moral principles that they wanted to adhere to, they wouldn't have endorsed or supported avery clearly racist and sexist candidate (and by most accounts, a generally awful human being) in the first place.

Food for thought as it pertains to a party and ideology that says it's all about morals and principles.

Do you think saying groupies exist is sexist? Is it sexist to think that women naturally are attracted men who are powerful and of high status?
Whatever racist argument you have for Trump can be negated by Hillary saying black people are "super predators" and need to be "brought to heel"
Quote (Voyaging @ Oct 12 2016 03:58pm)

lmao

This post was edited by majorblood on Oct 12 2016 06:08pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 12 2016 06:09pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Oct 12 2016 07:00pm)
My point is that it is all politics. Conservatives don't actually posses some grand moral compass, and the time it has taken them to distance themselves from Trump has made that abundantly clear. In fact, most of the party and GOP voters still support him.

Do Democrats and Liberals really care about poor people, women, or minorities? Maybe, maybe not. But they mainly care about votes.

There's hardly any morality in American politics. It's all about votes and power. But at least one party doesn't consistently and falsely advertise themselves as being on the morally principled high ground, and that's my point.

I agree with you to a point, it is mostly politics, but each side has the end goal in mind. Each side has it's own brand of morality and ideology that they want to legislate.

It's time to stop pretending conservatives or Republicans are the only party that cares about morality. We just care about a brand of morality that differs from the liberal/popular culture brand.
Oct 12 2016 06:09pm
Quote (majorblood @ 12 Oct 2016 20:07)
Do you think saying groupies exist is sexist? Is it sexist to think that women naturally are attracted men who are powerful and of high status?
Whatever racist argument you have for Trump can be negated by Hillary saying black people are "super predators" and need to be "brought to heel"

no but things people said in the past don't matter now ! Hillary said these thigns but obvoiusly those things don't apply now ! But when Trump said somethign years ago when he wasn't even a politician and had to watch his mouth *i guarantee you that politician men or woman say horrendous shit off mic all the time too they just grill trump for it cuz politics* it certainly matters!
Gold: 28,296.75
Oct 12 2016 06:15pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ Oct 12 2016 05:09pm)
no but things people said in the past don't matter now ! Hillary said these thigns but obvoiusly those things don't apply now ! But when Trump said somethign years ago when he wasn't even a politician and had to watch his mouth *i guarantee you that politician men or woman say horrendous shit off mic all the time too they just grill trump for it cuz politics* it certainly matters!

Rape and sexual assault were just as wrong when he was 60 as they are today no matter his political status .

And no

Not all people say rapey shit. Not all people do rapey shit.

The locker room talk everybody does it excuse is bullshit

It's unacceptable to rape and it's unacceptable to boast about sexual assault no matter a person's age, wealth, political affiliation, or social status
Oct 12 2016 06:17pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 12 Oct 2016 20:15)
Rape and sexual assault were just as wrong when he was 60 as they are today no matter his political status .

And no

It's unacceptable to rape and it's unacceptable to boast about sexual assault no matter a person's age, wealth, political affiliation, or social status

What about when you hit your girlfriend, why aren't you in jail for that right now?

Other than the personal slander. What makes emails or laundering money any better than locker room talk, let me hear it pls?

This post was edited by ChrisKz on Oct 12 2016 06:18pm
Gold: 9,164.33
Oct 12 2016 06:18pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Oct 12 2016 04:15pm)

And no

saying "they let you grab them" isn't rape or sexual assault, stop virtue signaling
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18898908918928933169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll