d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev18888898908918923169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 260.11
Oct 12 2016 05:12pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Oct 12 2016 05:05pm)
Paul Ryan and Republican leaders are distancing themselves from Donald Trump in light of his leaked audio tape for political reasons, not for moral reasons.

If they really had strong moral principles that they wanted to adhere to, they wouldn't have endorsed or supported a very clearly racist and sexist candidate (and by most accounts, a generally awful human being) in the first place.

Food for thought as it pertains to a party and ideology that says it's all about morals and principles.

So the sex comments really hurt Trump in Utah with the Mormons, but didn't touch his evangelical base. Really shows you which sects of Christianity live their values and which are just Christians for show.
Gold: 9,164.33
Oct 12 2016 05:17pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 12 2016 03:12pm)
So the sex comments really hurt Trump in Utah with the Mormons, but didn't touch his evangelical base. Really shows you which sects of Christianity live their values and which are just Christians for show.

Christianity teaches us that we are all sinners and if someone geuniely asks for forgiveness he or she should not be cast aside
Gold: 40.42
Oct 12 2016 05:18pm
Quote (majorblood @ 12 Oct 2016 15:17)
Christianity teaches us that we are all sinners and if someone geuniely asks for forgiveness he or she should not be cast aside

I found the problem with your theory
Gold: 22,720.48
Oct 12 2016 05:19pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Oct 12 2016 07:18pm)
I found the problem with your theory

Sorry not sorry!
Gold: 40.42
Oct 12 2016 05:20pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ 12 Oct 2016 15:19)
Sorry not sorry!

Yeah I'm like. tooootally sorry and promise not to let you hear me do it again
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 12 2016 05:25pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 12 2016 06:12pm)

That's not entirely true, evangelicals on his faith council condemned his remarks and some backed away from him. Voting for a president as an evangelical usually means you morally object to some of the candidate's positions or their character. Most have made the calculation that keeping Hillary's liberal judges off the Supreme Court is so important that they can vote for a man of poor character.

I disagree with them completely, but I don't think they aren't serious about living their faith because they've made the decision to stay behind Trump.
Gold: 2,620.00
Oct 12 2016 05:28pm
Quote (IceMage @ 12 Oct 2016 18:07)

I realize you've vocally distanced yourself from the Republican party this election, but let me phrase this in a way that implicates your political ideology:

Conservative politicians don't care about morality or ensuring America remains a morally 'pure' country. They care about politics, and those politics are often very cruel and inconsiderate of poor people, minorities, women, and others.

Trump represents a more brash and outwardly disguisting version of some of those items, and that's why many Conservative and Republican leaders have struggled with deciding whether to support Trump or not.

This tape made it easy. Apparently some line was crossed for Paul Ryan and Conservatives. Apparently this was simply too much. But what about all the other awful things Trump has said? Where was their moral compass then? The answer is that it really never was there. The political climate has now favored a non-endorsement, and so that what has happened.

You're voting for the other team this election, but who is to say you and millions of other Conservatives who are taking a stand against their own party on moral grounds will be able to cut through the bullshit next time, when it is more insidious and less obvious? Trump is just exposing things about the GOP that a lot of us have noticed for a long time, most notably post-2008 since Obama was elected.
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 12 2016 05:45pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Oct 12 2016 06:28pm)
I realize you've vocally distanced yourself from the Republican party this election, but let me phrase this in a way that implicates your political ideology:

Conservative politicians don't care about morality or ensuring America remains a morally 'pure' country. They care about politics, and those politics are often very cruel and inconsiderate of poor people, minorities, women, and others.

Trump represents a more brash and outwardly disguisting version of some of those items, and that's why many Conservative and Republican leaders have struggled with deciding whether to support Trump or not.

This tape made it easy. Apparently some line was crossed for Paul Ryan and Conservatives. Apparently this was simply too much. But what about all the other awful things Trump has said? Where was their moral compass then? The answer is that it really never was there. The political climate has now favored a non-endorsement, and so that what has happened.

You're voting for the other team this election, but who is to say you and millions of other Conservatives who are taking a stand against their own party on moral grounds will be able to cut through the bullshit next time, when it is more insidious and less obvious? Trump is just exposing things about the GOP that a lot of us have noticed for a long time, most notably post-2008 since Obama was elected.

Moral considerations aren't black and white. You can say that supporting a man like Trump for president is immoral, but not supporting him guarantees a woman like Hillary, who has incredibly immoral positions like support of late-term abortion, the presidency. Grown ups don't think in black and white terms, we work through issues in the gray.

Conservatives care about the morality of America just like liberals do, just in a different way. They might lose the moral battle to win the moral war.
Gold: 1.73
Oct 12 2016 05:51pm
I actually think you are all thinking about these few recent points wrongly.... I think it is just that conservatives and liberals have different morals. If we were to consider things like being straight and getting married and living by the law and having a happy life, including having children you can support because you want to and can support them moral then you are on the conservative side.

If you want to be on the liberal side you have to consider it moral to have sex, consensual, at any time you want. If you get pregnant, if you don't want it you abort it. There is a 30-40 percent chance you are gay so you won't get married you will get a life partner, and you two will support each other while rejecting the opposite sex. You may even adopt a child and act as surrogate parents, whereas they may as you which is the mommy and which is the daddy. This is the liberal kind of moral. Also you can call people racist and not be racist if you think simliarly to those you call racist just because you are callin gthem racist. also you can disobey the law if you disagree with it
Gold: 22,720.48
Oct 12 2016 05:53pm
Next time you have a thought, just let it go.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18888898908918923169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll