d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev18868878888898903169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 3.33
Oct 12 2016 01:09pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 12 2016 08:05pm)
Ya only potheads want to stop paying to jail millions for pot offenses...

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/10/police_arrest_more_people_for.html

If pot legalization doesn't concern you as a voter its because your head is in the sand and/or you're still drinking the DARE koolaid and believe legalization is a gateway to hell.

there aren't many rational moderates around like us these days. people are really far left or far right.
Gold: 40.42
Oct 12 2016 01:13pm
Quote (IceMage @ 12 Oct 2016 10:59)
Lol... not hard at all. Only potheads are overly concerned with a candidate's stance on marijuana legalization.

www.gallup.com/poll/186260/back-legal-marijuana.aspx

I personally don't care much if I'm going to have to wait for the weedman instead of going to the store, and it's not like it's a make or break issue for many voters, but it's definitely the kind of thing that makes swing voters will their eyes and take you less seriously.
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 12 2016 01:14pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 12 2016 02:05pm)
Ya only potheads want to stop paying to jail millions for pot offenses...

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/10/police_arrest_more_people_for.html

If pot legalization doesn't concern you as a voter its because your head is in the sand and/or you're still drinking the DARE koolaid and believe legalization is a gateway to hell.

Plus pot use among millennials is huge, and reporting on that is really underwhelming. In legalized states the millennial numbers are really yuge.

I smoke weed lol, but a candidate's position on legalization is almost irrelevant to me. States will continue to decriminalize and legalize with or without the president's approval. I don't see John Kasich as a figure who will increase the harassment of dispensaries like Obama did.

Marijuana legalization is an issue for stupid people and stoners.
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 12 2016 01:18pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Oct 12 2016 02:13pm)
www.gallup.com/poll/186260/back-legal-marijuana.aspx

I personally don't care much if I'm going to have to wait for the weedman instead of going to the store, and it's not like it's a make or break issue for many voters, but it's definitely the kind of thing that makes swing voters will their eyes and take you less seriously.

In a hypothetical world where John Kasich is the GOP nominee, I don't think many millennials would pick What Is Aleppo over him because of marijuana legalization.
Gold: 2,504.69
Oct 12 2016 01:19pm
Quote (dro94 @ Oct 12 2016 01:09pm)
there aren't many rational moderates around like us these days. people are really far left or far right.

If PARD were a sampling we'd have almost no moderates lol, but this place is polarizing as hell.

Quote (IceMage @ Oct 12 2016 01:14pm)
I smoke weed lol, but a candidate's position on legalization is almost irrelevant to me. States will continue to decriminalize and legalize with or without the president's approval. I don't see John Kasich as a figure who will increase the harassment of dispensaries like Obama did.

Marijuana legalization is an issue for stupid people and stoners.

I more meant, when it happened Kasich had almost zero name recognition. He got a small boost in debate 1 and i believe it happened in debate 2. So at that time people were considering a vote for him lightly and such a bad pivot could turn people off. I talked with multiple people who all said that left a bad taste in their mouth, like who tf goes to heroin overdoses. Especially when the classic GOP pivot is "state's choice, big brother doesn't need to decide that."
Gold: 22,164.69
Oct 12 2016 01:49pm
The majority of americans support legalization, but the amount who actually care is smaller and far more weighted to anti-legalization. Politicians know that for every 1 hippy pothead they motivate to get out and vote (and probably doesn't vote at all anyway), there will be 100 elderly white voters who furl their brows.
Gold: 2,009.99
Oct 12 2016 02:04pm
Quote (IceMage @ Oct 12 2016 01:39pm)
Hey Trump supporters, what do you think about the Democratic officials emailing Podesta that they were hoping Trump would be nominated because they thought any other legitimate candidate(not Ben Carson) would be really tough to beat?

If a legitimate candidate were nominated the Republican party would probably hold the presidency, senate, and house. The Republican party wouldn't be experiencing such turmoil because a bigoted, loud mouth scumbag wouldn't be the standard bearer.

Let that marinate for a bit.

It's extremely unfortunate. I don't recall what the polling data was showing for Rubio/Cruz. However, I remember Kasich polling at a +8 vs Hillary in the primaries, which is why I I voted for him, while Trump was like a -5. Clinton obvioisly has a lot of name recognition & experience, but her unfavorability ratings are sky high...just not quite as high as Trumps. If you didn't have someone like him, who was constantly shooting himself in the foot with a .44 magnum, she would be very,very beatable.
Oct 12 2016 02:12pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 12 2016 01:49pm)
The majority of americans support legalization, but the amount who actually care is smaller and far more weighted to anti-legalization. Politicians know that for every 1 hippy pothead they motivate to get out and vote (and probably doesn't vote at all anyway), there will be 100 elderly white voters who furl their brows.

I agree with that, and my premise isn't that Kasich should have come out pro-legalization. I simply said he scared off millennials, some of which are dumb enough to think the right president will come in and have pot in every gas station with no issues. He should have pivoted to a more soft state-choice stance. It also added in a seemingly out of date stance on drug treatment as he used overdoses as an overtly negative thing to pivot to, in my eyes, but maybe that was just me.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Oct 12 2016 02:13pm
Gold: 22,164.69
Oct 12 2016 02:47pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 12 2016 02:12pm)
I agree with that, and my premise isn't that Kasich should have come out pro-legalization. I simply said he scared off millennials, some of which are dumb enough to think the right president will come in and have pot in every gas station with no issues. He should have pivoted to a more soft state-choice stance. It also added in a seemingly out of date stance on drug treatment as he used overdoses as an overtly negative thing to pivot to, in my eyes, but maybe that was just me.

To me it seems like they should have done a redirect and try to spin it as opening up a new extremely cheap, effective and safe painkiller for america's senior citizens, framed around the opioid abuse epidemic
Instead of making Jill Anderson scared of black thugs and their gangsta music selling reefer to the kiddies, make it part of medicare and see how many votes that brings.
Oct 12 2016 03:11pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 12 2016 02:47pm)
To me it seems like they should have done a redirect and try to spin it as opening up a new extremely cheap, effective and safe painkiller for america's senior citizens, framed around the opioid abuse epidemic
Instead of making Jill Anderson scared of black thugs and their gangsta music selling reefer to the kiddies, make it part of medicare and see how many votes that brings.

The gop is missing out on the libertarian message of an overreaching govt that permeates their base

This post was edited by thesnipa on Oct 12 2016 03:11pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18868878888898903169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll