d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev18788899091307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,399.70
May 3 2023 05:57am
Quote (SP00K @ May 3 2023 01:13pm)
I have said more times than 1 that I do not care what your beliefs are

Its not about me or my beliefs here, I agree on this observation. Doesnt matter what anyone believes because truth wont change because of what we believe or dont believe.

What I thought is, that someone who is posting his views would actually care about what people think of it. Why post them otherwise?
I just like to share my thoughts and always like to have a good discussion - which most of the time doesnt happen.

But its fine. I am an atheist, but not a militant one.
I am not here to convince you of anything. Your belief in god doesnt harm anyone, so I have no reason to dislike your position.
Gold: 2,195.46
May 3 2023 06:34am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ May 3 2023 07:57am)
Its not about me or my beliefs here, I agree on this observation. Doesnt matter what anyone believes because truth wont change because of what we believe or dont believe.

What I thought is, that someone who is posting his views would actually care about what people think of it. Why post them otherwise?
I just like to share my thoughts and always like to have a good discussion - which most of the time doesnt happen.

I am not here to convince you of anything. Your belief in god doesnt harm anyone, so I have no reason to dislike your position.

Besides OP and the resident schizophrenic, that dude has probably posted the most in the thread; he's clearly upset people don't believe in his sky wizard.
Gold: 14,569.69
May 3 2023 11:26am
Quote (SP00K @ May 2 2023 11:40pm)
Romans 1 28-32

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Good luck

so your judging me.. just as I stated. Way to NOT be like Jesus.
debate over.. typical judgmental Christian.. **shocker.
Gold: 14,569.69
May 3 2023 11:29am
Quote (CPK001 @ May 3 2023 01:47am)
Yeah it's called The Armor of God, found in Ephesians 6:10-20.

Why do you act so surprised that the Bible is brought into this? You're the one who mentioned the "genocides".

God created things which had free will. That means creatures which can go either wrong or right. Some people think they can imagine a creature which was free but had no possibility of going wrong; I cannot. If a thing is free to be good it is also free to be bad. And free will is what has made evil possible. Why, then, did God give them free will? Because free will though it makes evil possible, is also the only thing that makes possible any love or goodness or joy worth having. A world of automata-of creatures that worked like machines-would hardly be worth creating. The happiness which God designs for His higher creatures is the happiness of being freely, voluntarily united to Him and to each other in an ecstasy of love and delight compared with which the most rapturous love between a man and a woman on this earth is mere milk and water. And for that they must be free.

Of course God knew what would happen if they used their freedom the wrong way: apparently He thought it worth the risk. Perhaps we feel inclined to disagree with Him. But there is a difficulty about disagreeing with God. He is the source from which all your reasoning power comes: you could not be right and He wrong any more than a stream can rise higher than its own source. When you are arguing against Him you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all: it is like cutting off the branch you are sitting on. If God thinks this state of war in the universe a price worth paying for free will-that is, for making a live world in which creatures can do real good or harm and something of real importance can happen, instead of a toy world which only moves when He pulls the strings-then we may take it it is worth paying.

Short answer is Prayer.

As a matter of fact, that is one of my favorite songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK-PAzu1Tmw

this makes prayer useless.. If god where to intervene he then removes all free will.

This post was edited by theCrossbones on May 3 2023 11:30am
Gold: 3.00
May 3 2023 12:15pm
Quote (theCrossbones @ May 3 2023 12:26pm)
so your judging me.. just as I stated. Way to NOT be like Jesus.
debate over.. typical judgmental Christian.. **shocker.

Lol you really have no idea what's going on, do you?
Quote (Modulok2405 @ May 3 2023 06:57am)

I'm posting my views in response to the claims being made against people who do believe. I did not make a topic and im not trying to sway peoples opinion. This topic was meant to justify OPs beliefs as well as to show others how irrational Christian belief is. Now, why would an atheist even care to do this?
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
May 3 2023 12:16pm
Quote (addone @ May 2 2023 10:52pm)
OK so complete trust and belief without proof? Like here is a bible and you like ok say no more I believe it?

your the proof

Quote (addone @ May 2 2023 11:19pm)
That means you have no way of knowing anything it claims other then your faith. You literally took on a belief system of how life works on a book with no outside validation other than the words it contains.
I am mostly curious now as to why you selected this particular religion and not thousands of others options. Was it because it's passed down from the family or you made a calculated decision based thousand other schools of thought that this one is the best one?
Could I perhaps convince you of a different a more factually beneficial belief system?

right back at you. why do antitheists select christianity out of the thousands of other options?

May 3 2023 12:23pm
Quote (addone @ May 2 2023 10:23pm)
For example you cannot deny covid is real. Because the evidence was presented. You can literally see it under the microscope, you can test it, measure it and millions of people have had it to testify beyond shadow of a doubt.
You could however make a case the vaccines are ineffective as they claim by supplying evidence. Here is 10 scientific results, here is data showing its not working as well, here is a video of fauci without a mask being a hypocrite, here is a study of perfectly healthy people developing cardiac arrest after the jab etc, etc. OK cool thanks for the evidence and valid points we can now debate and come to a conclusion.

Ask a religious person for some proof to clarify how they know it's God.
... Bible told me... Faith.... Here is some quotes from a book that tells us it's true without any outside verifiable means....proceeds to spam irrelevant projections and demands how you can't disprove their story and other emotional whataboutisms.

Here is a thought, maybe you got roped into it when you were young, maybe you never had to put your beliefs to public scrutiny or ask yourself the most basic questions how do you know? Now that you are being exposed and you realise you don't want to end up like a complete idiot you just double and triple down and dig that hole deeper. You can hide behind copy paste of endless quotes, you can re run circular logic, you can post memes which are complete projections, you could keep dodging with whataboutisms and strawmans but deep down you are scared. Scared that you might have to think for yourself, scared to be wrong, scared that your world has been built upon a lie.

genetic fallacy

lol chit dude :)

Quote (Modulok2405 @ May 2 2023 10:29pm)
Thats accurate. But they'll response with a biiiig amount of alleged evidence and 3 - 5 youtube videolinks, trust me.

i tell you what. aint nothing as dumb as a flying spaghetti monster

Quote (addone @ May 2 2023 10:34pm)
No zingers just trying to figure out how you determined it was God?
Like what's your process? Was it sound logic, scientific research, data, someone's sales pitch, you were told to believe it at gunpoint, was it perhaps some kind of a feeling or experience, maybe you heard a voice in your head or did you without proof just said to yourself I believe this now?

Right at the critical moment you are being hyper evasive.

tested the scripture. something you havent done
Gold: 3,069.20
May 3 2023 12:25pm
Tldr full thread. Regardless is religion is a lie, it forms a sense of community, faith and encourages better behavior then alot of shit.

Some parts of religion suck, but not all of it.
May 3 2023 12:25pm
Quote (SP00K @ May 2 2023 10:40pm)
Nah I was talking to the other guy. The one I quoted...

Faith.

I've literally told you 4 times now and your response was "EvAsIvE" I have no idea what else you want me to say here. You're literally debating yourself

they dont have any thing. they are just trying to wear you down.

May 3 2023 12:35pm
Quote (Modulok2405 @ May 2 2023 11:44pm)
There is no such thing as a faith based argument.

faith is just another word for trust. that you think it means something else is just some trick thats been put on you.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18788899091307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll