d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Earth Is Flat > Gods Work
Prev18788899091111Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 15 2016 03:42pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 15 2016 03:35pm)
A drive wheel is a wheel of a motor vehicle that transmits force, transforming torque into tractive force from the tires to the road, causing the vehicle to move. The powertrain delivers enough torque to the wheel to overcome stationary forces, resulting in the vehicle moving forwards or backwards.[1][2]

A two-wheel drive vehicle has two driven wheels, typically both at front or back, and a four-wheel drive has four.

Friction torque is the torque caused by the frictional force that occurs when two objects in contact move. Like all torques, it is a rotational force which may be measured newton metres or pounds-feet.

Engineering
Friction torque can be disruptive in engineering. There are a variety of measures engineers may choose to take to eliminate these disruptions. Ball bearings are an example of an attempt to minimize the friction torque.

Friction torque can also be an asset in engineering. Bolts and nuts, or screws are often designed to be fastened with a given amount of torque, where the friction is adequate during use or operation for the bolt, nut or screw to remain safely fastened. This is true with such applications as lug nuts retaining wheels to vehicles, or equipment subjected to vibration with sufficiently well attached bolts, nuts or screws to prevent the vibration from shaking them loose.

So theres all that or just go with coriallis effect, i really dont care

I'm not sure you understand my question now. How does the engine apply different torque force to the left side of the train's wheels than it does the right side? And how are all trains consistent with this difference to result in consistent wear in north-south running lines?

I don't need copy pasta on how a train engine make a train move, i already know that. What I don't know is how a train engine applies differential force to a left and right side wheel when in many cases they are on a common shaft. In other words how does a left tire spin faster than a right tire when both spin about the same fixed axis?

At this point I'd be a jerk if i didn't offer you the "i don't actually know anything about trains" out, its pretty clear your knowledge of train mechanics is google. I mean i admit i laid an egg with the Australian toilets, now its your turn to eat crow and admit the north-south train wear isn't something you can account for with your knowledge of the flat earth model. Its really that easy.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Aug 15 2016 03:43pm
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 15 2016 03:51pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 15 2016 11:42am)
I'm not sure you understand my question now. How does the engine apply different torque force to the left side of the train's wheels than it does the right side? And how are all trains consistent with this difference to result in consistent wear in north-south running lines?

I don't need copy pasta on how a train engine make a train move, i already know that. What I don't know is how a train engine applies differential force to a left and right side wheel when in many cases they are on a common shaft. In other words how does a left tire spin faster than a right tire when both spin about the same fixed axis?

At this point I'd be a jerk if i didn't offer you the "i don't actually know anything about trains" out, its pretty clear your knowledge of train mechanics is google. I mean i admit i laid an egg with the Australian toilets, now its your turn to eat crow and admit the north-south train wear isn't something you can account for with your knowledge of the flat earth model. Its really that easy.

It just proves that your a bit slow and doesn't understand what a drive wheel is, you asked for a reason why and i told you why for the second time, i thought the official google explanation would work better than the exact same thing i said but apparently nothing works for you.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 15 2016 04:03pm
Aug 15 2016 04:06pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 15 2016 03:51pm)
It just proves that your a bit slow and doesn't understand what as drive wheel is, you asked for a reason why and i told you why for the second time, i thought the official google explanation would work better than the exact same thing i said but apparently nothing works for you.

Ok, so lets ignore the mechanical disagreement. That seems to have us, wait for it, spinning out wheels.

So lets look at this logically. We have a phenomenon, that being that north-south tracks have consistent differential wear on one set of tracks. One side always wears down faster than another.

So if we are to believe, as you do, that it is the train that is causing this, due to a mechanical process through torque to the wheels, we are also to accept that separate train manufacturers, throughout separate eras, employing entirely separate drive mechanisms from steam to gas to electronics, all consistently follow this same design which results in the mechanical process of one side wearing down faster than another. Despite the design of an electric driven train looking almost nothing alike a steam engine. Despite a German designed train looking relatively nothing like a Japanese one. Despite the incredible advancements from the advent of the train to today's modern bullet trains.

Despite all of this you believe that all of the trains that have ever existed, or to be fair a LARGE number of them worldwide, all have some sort of inconsistent torque to a single side of the tracks caused by a defect universal in train design that for hundreds of years no one thought to correct to save on incredibly expensive train track material.
Aug 15 2016 04:48pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 15 2016 12:06pm)
Ok, so lets ignore the mechanical disagreement. That seems to have us, wait for it, spinning out wheels.

So lets look at this logically. We have a phenomenon, that being that north-south tracks have consistent differential wear on one set of tracks. One side always wears down faster than another.

So if we are to believe, as you do, that it is the train that is causing this, due to a mechanical process through torque to the wheels, we are also to accept that separate train manufacturers, throughout separate eras, employing entirely separate drive mechanisms from steam to gas to electronics, all consistently follow this same design which results in the mechanical process of one side wearing down faster than another. Despite the design of an electric driven train looking almost nothing alike a steam engine. Despite a German designed train looking relatively nothing like a Japanese one. Despite the incredible advancements from the advent of the train to today's modern bullet trains.

Despite all of this you believe that all of the trains that have ever existed, or to be fair a LARGE number of them worldwide, all have some sort of inconsistent torque to a single side of the tracks caused by a defect universal in train design that for hundreds of years no one thought to correct to save on incredibly expensive train track material.

http://cprr.org/Museum/Rail_Wear_Johnson/index.html

On a sharp curve, the lower (inside) rail is subjected to a fair amount of abuse and wear due to rather simple axel arrangements used in both rolling stock and locomotives. The top of the railhead takes the most abuse and on an older section of rail typically would be "spalled" or for lack of a more descriptive word, looking like it had tiny pieces of metal chipped out of the running band of the rail. This is due to the solid state of wheels and railroad axel. Unlike automobiles that use differentials to allow the right wheel to turn at a different speed then the left one, railroad wheels are connected by a rather substantial solid axel. Therefore the outside wheel must travel farther
that the inside wheel. Since they are solidly connected, the inside wheel spins when rounding a curve

On a model train the type of engine or the manufacturer or that the wheels are connected does not matter since the weight of the train shifts when it goes around corner and since it is powered by a drive wheel with a fixed axle and there is no time to correct this force, one tracks wears out faster.There other factors to consider - like how well are the tracks level, how level are each of the wheels , how consistent are the tracks made, is one wheels any less lubricated than the other, if it is receiving more force - friction will cause its lubrication to wear out faster.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 15 2016 04:58pm
Aug 15 2016 05:06pm
Ok. So let's assume that your attempt to explain the known phonomenon of a track consistently wearing down faster is explained by a train defect. What happens when the train comes back? The forces you're claiming world be mirrored on a return trip negating the uneven wear.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Aug 15 2016 05:06pm
Aug 15 2016 06:28pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 15 2016 01:06pm)
Ok. So let's assume that your attempt to explain the known phonomenon of a track consistently wearing down faster is explained by a train defect. What happens when the train comes back? The forces you're claiming world be mirrored on a return trip negating the uneven wear.

no because no matter which direction u go in , the outside track to the curve will always withstand the force of going around that curve, why do you always challenge me, i mean it's fine fine but it's setting yourself up really

Gold: 260.11
Aug 15 2016 06:30pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 15 2016 06:28pm)
no because no matter which direction u go in , the outside track to the curve will always withstand the force of going around that curve, why do you always challenge me, i mean it's fine fine but it's setting yourself up really

And when it occurs in a straight line?
Gold: 5,388.33
Aug 15 2016 06:35pm

posting this nasa live stream for fun
Aug 15 2016 07:09pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 15 2016 02:30pm)
And when it occurs in a straight line?

proof that the train itself has completely even distribution of weight after going around a curve? Proof of how a train even distributes this weight after going around a curve? Proof it lubricates any increased friction from this increased force on one side?

Quote (majorblood @ Aug 15 2016 02:35pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njCDZWTI-xg

posting this nasa live stream for fun

just looks like a wide angle lense witch curves the perspective of things in the distance - do you know even understand the basics of focal length? why is the curve so different in each each shot? Doesn't that prove there just using different focal length lenses instead of you just blindly believing the picture?

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 15 2016 07:17pm
Gold: 0.00
Aug 15 2016 07:11pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 16 2016 02:09am)
proof that the train itslf has completely even distribution of weight after going around a curve?

Curves are not straight lines.

I'm pretty convinced you're either trolling or have a learning disability now.

e/ Most likely the latter, possibly both.

This post was edited by KublaiKhan on Aug 15 2016 07:13pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18788899091111Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll