d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev18768778788798801036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Jun 2 2022 07:08pm
Quote (PapaPsych @ Jun 2 2022 09:04pm)
Those three are non issues.
You didn't even mention the ever more apparent looming Nuclear Holocaust™ from this abject bullshit policy of arming Ukrainian.

We have looming nuclear holocaust because psychopaths have nuclear weapons, period. And the cat is out of the bag.

Other than that we've had about 10 wars with Russia in my lifetime and the sky hasn't fallen yet.

You don't have to embrace the philosophy of cuckolds because you're a little scared. The world is a scary place, and its okay.
Gold: 14,158.00
Jun 2 2022 07:10pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 2 2022 07:08pm)
We have looming nuclear holocaust because psychopaths have nuclear weapons, period. And the cat is out of the bag.

Other than that we've had about 10 wars with Russia in my lifetime and the sky hasn't fallen yet.

You don't have to embrace the philosophy of cuckolds because you're a little scared. The world is a scary place, and its okay.

Arming fascist Ukrainians to help them kill more of their own nation's citizens is something a fascist regime would do.

Oh yeah, forgot Biden fits the profile
Gold: 96,293.69
Warn: 10%
Jun 2 2022 07:16pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 2 2022 09:08pm)

Your just grasping at straws trying to come up with insults you think are cleaver and won't violate any rules, you don't really believe any of your bullshit.
Half of Ukraine doesn't want to be in Ukraine since the western backed coup, arming western Ukrainian Nazis to subjugate eatern and southern Ukrainians is wrong, and will always be wrong.
Gold: 285.00
Jun 2 2022 07:18pm
Quote (PapaPsych @ Jun 2 2022 09:16pm)
Your just grasping at straws trying to come up with insults you think are cleaver and won't violate any rules, you don't really believe any of your bullshit.
Half of Ukraine doesn't want to be in Ukraine since the western backed coup, arming western Ukrainian Nazis to subjugate eatern and southern Ukrainians is wrong, and will always be wrong.

Nazis with a jewish president lol thats stupid
Gold: 12,730.67
Jun 2 2022 09:33pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 2 2022 03:29pm)
You, of all people, should be able to recognize tongue-in-cheek hyperbole. ;)

But okay, let's make a quick, incomplete list:

Domestically, we have:
- soaring gas and energy prices
- soaring food prices, in some cases empty shelves
- supply chain issues at large, which is, for example, slowing the construction of new housing
- a worsening economic outlook
- a comparatively tight labor market which threatens to exacerbate and consolidate high inflation rates even if the shockwaves from the exogenous shocks (covid, ukraine) abate
- soaring crime rates in lots of America's largest cities
- a situation at the southern border that's quite out of control
- a gridlocked Congress that won't let Biden pass any ambitious policy in spite of being under Democratic control

As a megacrisis, the war in Ukraine that:
- slows the pivot to the Pacific region
- weakens the global economy
- threatens a huge humanitarian crisis in both Ukraine itself as well as the Third World
- strengthens China geopolitically

Further foreign policy issues:
- mounting tensions with China in general, over Taiwan in particular
- an emboldened and increasingly assertive India
- Turkey acting like a Trojan Horse in NATO, but also with regard to Northern Syria
- Iran inching closer to the bomb
- North Korea continuing its tests of ICBMs undeterred

That's 17 different issues, and I'm sure I still forgot some. But sure, I'm only shitting on Biden because he's a bad public speaker or because I secretly wish my own country's leader was more like Biden (LOL!)...

This is absurd but I can understand why you would list all these things as "crises" given that you're a Bernie supporter. Ultimately, there are 2 things to worry about: Ukraine and inflation. Ukraine is a legitimate crisis and I think Biden is doing about as well as one possibly could given European weakness. Inflation (which is apparently 5 items on your list) isn't a crisis necessarily but it's something that we should keep an eye on given that we have a lot of financially illiterate people in this country. Personally, I think Biden should increase tax rates by 5% across the board to help solve the issue but that doesn't seem to be popular. Everything else is simply business as usual that we've been dealing with since GWB.
Gold: 57.00
Jun 2 2022 10:04pm
Quote (thundercock @ 2 Jun 2022 23:33)
This is absurd but I can understand why you would list all these things as "crises" given that you're a Bernie supporter. Ultimately, there are 2 things to worry about: Ukraine and inflation. Ukraine is a legitimate crisis and I think Biden is doing about as well as one possibly could given European weakness. Inflation (which is apparently 5 items on your list) isn't a crisis necessarily but it's something that we should keep an eye on given that we have a lot of financially illiterate people in this country. Personally, I think Biden should increase tax rates by 5% across the board to help solve the issue but that doesn't seem to be popular. Everything else is simply business as usual that we've been dealing with since GWB.

unfortunately the big guy in the WH is dumber than GWB (history proves this - Biden supported all of GWB's dumb decisions ie: invading Iraq and Afghanistan for no reason, and managed to do other dumb things on his own accord during his 3+ decades in the Senate) but seems to have an even more incompetent behind the scenes staff.
they straight up denied the inflation and infant formula shortage for months!
Gold: 12,730.67
Jun 2 2022 10:12pm
Quote (excellence @ Jun 2 2022 09:04pm)
unfortunately the big guy in the WH is dumber than GWB (history proves this - Biden supported all of GWB's dumb decisions ie: invading Iraq and Afghanistan for no reason, and managed to do other dumb things on his own accord during his 3+ decades in the Senate) but seems to have an even more incompetent behind the scenes staff.
they straight up denied the inflation and infant formula shortage for months!

I agree that Biden is dumber than GWB and Harris is SIGNIFICANTLY dumber than Cheney. I'm not sure I agree with Biden's staff being more incompetent though given the whole Iraq debacle.
Gold: 57.00
Jun 2 2022 10:24pm
Quote (thundercock @ 3 Jun 2022 00:12)
I agree that Biden is dumber than GWB and Harris is SIGNIFICANTLY dumber than Cheney. I'm not sure I agree with Biden's staff being more incompetent though given the whole Iraq debacle.

Iraq was all Cheney and Rumsfeld, with an assist from the military brass looking the other way as our government gave favorable no-bid contracts to Lockheed, Northrup, and Cheney’s firm. GWB just figured “hey daddy blew up the middle east and slick willie blew up iraq and yugoslavia and tried to somalia, guess its tradition”. Every single politician entered into strategic investment positions on both sides of the aisle here, fwiw. maybe Barnie didnt because as you put it, not very successful even when he knows what’s gonna happen.

as far as the rest of the staff its pretty bad for both. Maybe it’s recency bias because Katrina was awful, but so is the infant formula shortage. Oh the economic strategy for both are both F- tier

This post was edited by excellence on Jun 2 2022 10:30pm
Gold: 4,404.67
Jun 3 2022 04:29am
Quote (thundercock @ 3 Jun 2022 05:33)

Inflation and Ukraine are the root causes which manifest themselves in multiple different crises. For example, the looming food crisis in Northern Africa and the Middle East as a result of blocked grain exports is not the same crisis as the military situation of Ukrainian forces in the Donbass. Likewise, supply chain issues and soaring gas prices both contribute to inflation, but have different causes. Crime and the border are wholly independent crises which have nothing to do with inflation or supply chain isues, and which were exacerbated by the policies of Democrats and/or the Biden admin. Similarly, Iran and NK have nothing to do with the war in Ukraine.

Generally speaking, inflation might not necessarily be a problem for rich, privileged folks like yourself, but for many poorer people, it is a very heavy burden, in some cases even existential. We've been over the other stuff in previous discussions, e.g. our disagreement about tax hikes. Combatting an inflation which is, in large parts, driven by supply side issues/exogenous shocks this way would only worsen the decline of consumer purchasing power... when maintaining purchasing power is the actual reason why we want to temper inflation in the first place. It's the economic equivalent of a doctor saying "our ICU is overcrowded" and then being told to "shoot half of them in the head to make room".

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jun 3 2022 04:30am
Gold: 0.69
Jun 3 2022 10:01am
bogus dude says a 9mm will blow a lung out of the body

i am telling you all ......
its all a test of how effective TDS is
TDS is some kind of zombie brain hack

This post was edited by TiStuff on Jun 3 2022 10:04am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18768778788798801036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll