d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev18687888990307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,399.70
May 3 2023 12:44am
Quote (SP00K @ May 3 2023 07:31am)
You just typed all that to show an evidence based argument vs a faith based argument. Do you honestly believe that there are people who don't know the difference?

The entire bottom half I could post the exact thing. Ultimately Christianity has you so obsessed that you stick to a trading forum to "disprove" peoples personal beliefs. Cringe

There is no such thing as a faith based argument.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
May 3 2023 12:46am
Quote (SP00K @ May 3 2023 06:24pm)
I have faith that Christianity is the true religion

So you don't have a reason behind it? Like even kids who believe in Santa were convinced by their parents that he is real. They believe Santa is true because he puts presents under the tree every year. But they don't believe in St Nicolas because they haven't even heard of him.

You just belive in Christianity because you said "fuck it why not" or you believe in Christianity because you were convinced in some way?

This post was edited by addone on May 3 2023 12:53am
Gold: 260.11
May 3 2023 12:47am
Quote (SP00K @ May 3 2023 01:18am)
What does that have to do with the topic

Use your brain
Gold: 3.00
May 3 2023 12:50am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ May 3 2023 01:44am)
There is no such thing as a faith based argument.

Statement #1
Quote (addone @ May 3 2023 01:46am)
So you don't have a reason behind it? Like even kids who believe in Santa were convinced by their parents that he is real. They believe Santa is true because he puts presents under the tree every year. But they don't believe in St Nicolas because they haven't even heard of him.

You just belive in Christianity just because you said "fuck it why not" or you believe in Christianity because you were convinced in some way?

My reasoning is my faith. This is literally a dead end dude I am shocked you are still pursuing it.
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ May 3 2023 01:47am)
Use your brain

I'm guessing this is some type of larp?
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
May 3 2023 01:00am
Quote (SP00K @ May 3 2023 06:50pm)
Statement #1

My reasoning is my faith. This is literally a dead end dude I am shocked you are still pursuing it.

I'm guessing this is some type of larp?

OK so you believe it because you believe it? No reason just purely why not I believe this. This book I don't need any explanation or evidence it's I trust what it's saying purely of faith. No explanation no convincing required don't even have to understand it just outright I believe this and I've made up my mind. Nothing at all to question or reason with. I am right I don't need proof other than my faith. I believe it therefore its true!

Am I getting this right?
May 3 2023 01:17am
Quote (SP00K @ May 3 2023 08:50am)
Statement #1

There is no way to argue about truth without a certain amount of evidence. Doesnt have to be 100% proof of course, theories are never 100% proof (thats why they are called theories), but even theories have pretty strong evidencial facts going along with them.
The Big Bang theory for example is a viable option BECAUSE there are so many facts playing along. It is logically traceable, you can make a logic argument about how it could have happened. Doesnt mean its true, but does mean its logically possible and we can draw a possible, logical, factbased path to it.
I understand the argument that you cannot follow those usual paths of evidence with god, but that also means you have to understand that there is no foundation for me to believe it.

I said I wont argue over this again and now I still did it again, I know. Wont be long tho, I know where this will lead, so I guess I'll stop very soon anyways.

Sorry for my english btw., I know grammar is sometimes all over the place but its my 3rd language so please forgive me.

This post was edited by Modulok2405 on May 3 2023 01:44am
Gold: 0.00
May 3 2023 02:47am
Quote (Meanwhile @ May 2 2023 11:20pm)
What a mess. Far right Israeli governement is maintaining violences to get reelected. At least since Isaac Raabin assassination.
Meanwhile, You are using the Bible as a weapon.

Yeah it's called The Armor of God, found in Ephesians 6:10-20.

Why do you act so surprised that the Bible is brought into this? You're the one who mentioned the "genocides".

Quote (addone @ May 3 2023 07:48am)
This brings up a good point I haven't thought about if this "God" is all knowing he knew that Adam and Eve would eat the fruit, he knew all about evil things people will do, he knows everything about anyone any time. Yet acts all surprised, still kills people, gives children cancer
Meanwhile Christians in a robotic voice "this is the way!"

Also this doctrine on punishment is fucked up because let's say you made a door and that door didn't close how you want it to. You don't get mad at the door and burn the entire house down like a psycho. You just realise you installed a faulty door and then you fix it. What need is there for a God to be so butthurt that he sends his creation to burn forever? What's the lesson or purpose? How about just delete them entirely and skip all the extra steps? Why create the choice you don't want others to make in the first place?

Normal rational people: maybe just maybe the church created a boogyman to scare the plebs into attending their church and to fill their coffers with people's donations.

God created things which had free will. That means creatures which can go either wrong or right. Some people think they can imagine a creature which was free but had no possibility of going wrong; I cannot. If a thing is free to be good it is also free to be bad. And free will is what has made evil possible. Why, then, did God give them free will? Because free will though it makes evil possible, is also the only thing that makes possible any love or goodness or joy worth having. A world of automata-of creatures that worked like machines-would hardly be worth creating. The happiness which God designs for His higher creatures is the happiness of being freely, voluntarily united to Him and to each other in an ecstasy of love and delight compared with which the most rapturous love between a man and a woman on this earth is mere milk and water. And for that they must be free.

Of course God knew what would happen if they used their freedom the wrong way: apparently He thought it worth the risk. Perhaps we feel inclined to disagree with Him. But there is a difficulty about disagreeing with God. He is the source from which all your reasoning power comes: you could not be right and He wrong any more than a stream can rise higher than its own source. When you are arguing against Him you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all: it is like cutting off the branch you are sitting on. If God thinks this state of war in the universe a price worth paying for free will-that is, for making a live world in which creatures can do real good or harm and something of real importance can happen, instead of a toy world which only moves when He pulls the strings-then we may take it it is worth paying.

Quote (addone @ May 3 2023 11:46am)
I didn't ask the bible I am not talking to a book.

I asked you personally. How do you know it's God who revealed truth in the bible?
Stop hiding behind memes and quotes and other people's takes. No more dodging. You already stated that "God" revealed "truth" in the bible. So how do you know it's God?

Short answer is Prayer.

As a matter of fact, that is one of my favorite songs.

May 3 2023 04:13am
[QUOTE=CPK001,May 3 2023 10:47am[/QUOTE]

My ears just had a Near Death Experience

Gold: 3.00
May 3 2023 05:13am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ May 3 2023 02:17am)
There is no way to argue about truth without a certain amount of evidence. Doesnt have to be 100% proof of course, theories are never 100% proof (thats why they are called theories), but even theories have pretty strong evidencial facts going along with them.
The Big Bang theory for example is a viable option BECAUSE there are so many facts playing along. It is logically traceable, you can make a logic argument about how it could have happened. Doesnt mean its true, but does mean its logically possible and we can draw a possible, logical, factbased path to it.
I understand the argument that you cannot follow those usual paths of evidence with god, but that also means you have to understand that there is no foundation for me to believe it.

I said I wont argue over this again and now I still did it again, I know. Wont be long tho, I know where this will lead, so I guess I'll stop very soon anyways.

Sorry for my english btw., I know grammar is sometimes all over the place but its my 3rd language so please forgive me.

I have said more times than 1 that I do not care what your beliefs are. I don't care about your expectations that lead to belief. I am not arguing on behalf of Christianity to sway anyone's opinion.
Quote (addone @ May 3 2023 02:00am)
OK so you believe it because you believe it? No reason just purely why not I believe this. This book I don't need any explanation or evidence it's I trust what it's saying purely of faith. No explanation no convincing required don't even have to understand it just outright I believe this and I've made up my mind. Nothing at all to question or reason with. I am right I don't need proof other than my faith. I believe it therefore its true!

Am I getting this right?

Bruh I'm literally getting lost in your responses

I am sufficiently satisfied with the explanations laid out in the Bible on the origins of life, evil and redemption.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 3 2023 05:42am
Quote (CPK001 @ 3 May 2023 10:47)
Yeah it's called The Armor of God, found in Ephesians 6:10-20.
Why do you act so surprised that the Bible is brought into this? You're the one who mentioned the "genocides".

Thanks for pointing out Bible is dangerous.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18687888990307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll