d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread, Continued
Prev18687888990702Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Mar 31 2022 09:07am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 31 2022 10:04am)
Fine, it's true that most craziness which is tried out in some cities dies right there. But in the case of wokism/liberal identity politics/liberal cancel culture, this is clearly not the case. Like I said, the underlying ideology has already become part of the mainstream of Democratic thought, and it is set to become the mainstream of the liberal half of the political spectrum. Censoring a 60 year old, decorated, powerful anti-racism book because it inevitably has to portray racism (duh) is lunacy, but - and that's the key distinction - it's at the same time exemplary of the modern speech police and its rigid, dogmatic approach.

and yet BLM is largely run on a city level with each city's chapter disagreeing with the overall organizers to a point they barely cooperate. can u meet with cops to work out plans? do we need cops at all? should all drugs be legal? should slave descendants get reparations? cities a short drive from each other have chapters that cant agree to the basic tenants of CJ reform.

Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 31 2022 10:06am)
Ah y checked some and seems the novel was removed from classrooms in Virginia in 2016, it's hardly for kids. "absolute beyond parody" is meme fail, another short minded one triggered.

like i siad, it's a bad example, this book is for adults and contain extreme violence, sex, rape, bestiality etc...

did you see that 1984 was also on the table ? hf

we read it in 5th grade, its not an adult book.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Mar 31 2022 09:07am
Gold: 22,164.69
Mar 31 2022 09:26am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 31 2022 10:06am)
Ah y checked some and seems the novel was removed from classrooms in Virginia in 2016, it's hardly for kids. "absolute beyond parody" is meme fail, another short minded one triggered.

like i siad, it's a bad example, this book is for adults and contain extreme violence, sex, rape, bestiality etc...

did you see that 1984 was also on the table ? hf

are you familiar with the book? I take for granted that American students almost all have To Kill a Mockingbird as required learning, but I imagine euros would benefit from it or reading it on their spare time. Or at least you would while the US retained top dog status, maybe a few years of Biden will push our history into irrelevancy on a world stage. Its told from the perspective of children, with a child's view of the trial. Its a perfectly suitable piece of literature for adolescents, I think I read it in 5th grade or something, then again I finished my college calculus credits by 10th grade so I'm not a typical example.
Mar 31 2022 10:10am
Inappropriate Post Content
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 31 2022 11:16am
Quote (thesnipa @ 31 Mar 2022 16:07)
and yet BLM is largely run on a city level with each city's chapter disagreeing with the overall organizers to a point they barely cooperate. can u meet with cops to work out plans? do we need cops at all? should all drugs be legal? should slave descendants get reparations? cities a short drive from each other have chapters that cant agree to the basic tenants of CJ reform.

The actual BLM agenda, like the famous "Defund the Police"-slogan, is not fully fleshed out yet, and it hasn't become mainstream (yet?). There is no majority for this stuff among the liberal half of the politcal spectrum (yet?) while wokeism is.

Imagine John Kerry in 2004 campaigning on the promise to specifically nominate a black woman to the Supreme Court, or supporting race-segregated sensibility trainings in corporations and public institutions, or banning 50 year old books because the language they contain doesn't meet today's standards for political correctness. Now that I think about it, even Obama in 2012 would have triggered a shitstorm if he had embraced these policies the way the Biden admin as well as Democratic politicians on the state and local level are doing now.
Mar 31 2022 11:19am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 31 2022 12:16pm)
The actual BLM agenda, like the famous "Defund the Police"-slogan, is not fully fleshed out yet, and it hasn't become mainstream (yet?). There is no majority for this stuff among the liberal half of the politcal spectrum (yet?) while wokeism is.

Imagine John Kerry in 2004 campaigning on the promise to specifically nominate a black woman to the Supreme Court, or supporting race-segregated sensibility trainings in corporations and public institutions, or banning 50 year old books because the language they contain doesn't meet today's standards for political correctness. Now that I think about it, even Obama in 2012 would have triggered a shitstorm if he had embraced these policies the way the Biden admin as well as Democratic politicians on the state and local level are doing now.

Obama caught a shitstorm for trying to bring in govt funded healthcare. the progressive docket changes, the fact that progressives are progressive doesn't. wokeism is just the flavor of the week, look at how little they're even trying to socialize healthcare anymore. this stuff doesnt come into existence and then stick in the platform forever at the same level of importance. there will always be a woke strain of liberal policy, but i dont think we can just look at what they're doing and say that democrats will choose black female VPs and SCOTUS judges in some forward reaching precedent forever.
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 31 2022 12:20pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 31 Mar 2022 18:19)
Obama caught a shitstorm for trying to bring in govt funded healthcare. the progressive docket changes, the fact that progressives are progressive doesn't. wokeism is just the flavor of the week, look at how little they're even trying to socialize healthcare anymore. this stuff doesnt come into existence and then stick in the platform forever at the same level of importance. there will always be a woke strain of liberal policy, but i dont think we can just look at what they're doing and say that democrats will choose black female VPs and SCOTUS judges in some forward reaching precedent forever.

The overton window on racial issues has constantly been moving in one direction only for the past 30+ years. I see no reason why it should stop now.
Mar 31 2022 12:43pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 31 2022 01:20pm)
The overton window on racial issues has constantly been moving in one direction only for the past 30+ years. I see no reason why it should stop now.

yes, but what we see through that window changes as it shifts.

unrelated but funny:

Gold: 107.77
Mar 31 2022 12:43pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 31 2022 01:22pm
Gold: 0.00
Mar 31 2022 03:15pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18687888990702Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll