d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev18586878889443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 20 2018 07:46am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 20 2018 06:59am)
"i was SURE, it probably did happen."

what awe inspiring confidence.

i'll say it again, if there's a burger here the dems have forgotten it on the grill until it's jerky, then served it as medium rare. what a colossal bungling. I'm starting to think Feinstien has the least blame here. Seems she got a report she knew she couldn't substantiate, sat on it for that reason and didn't tell anyone for that reason, then must have made the mistake of mentioning it to someone that pressured her into going public. As a result she had to ride or die on it, drug this woman into the spotlight, and is now forced to act like she never had a single doubt.

Do you really think that Feinstein being blissfully incompetent is a more rational explanation than intentionally timing the dubious accusation to drop after the hearings when it could have been picked apart like the GOP wants to do on monday? Especially considering that only the accuser, Feinstein & rep. Anna Achoo and their offices had access to the letter- republicans still haven't seen it- so one of them had to have leaked it, whether intentionally or blabbing to journalists. For a woman who was forced into the limelight, she sure came packing Debra Katz & Lisa Banks and then attached conditions to her testimony like she's Kim Dotcom doing the bullshit dance.

I think the most rational explanation is a bungled mix of cynical political manipulation and incompetence. Its not that its all a nefarious organized plot to topple Kavanaugh, it looks more like a nefarious disorganized plot that they're making up as they go along. Maybe Feinstein got the letter and held onto it until she thought it would do the most political damage and then leaked it intentionally and is trying to build a political frame around the accuser as best they can, but the wheels are falling off it as soon as it lurched to life.
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 20 2018 08:09am
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 20 2018 07:46am)
Do you really think that Feinstein being blissfully incompetent is a more rational explanation than intentionally timing the dubious accusation to drop after the hearings when it could have been picked apart like the GOP wants to do on monday? Especially considering that only the accuser, Feinstein & rep. Anna Achoo and their offices had access to the letter- republicans still haven't seen it- so one of them had to have leaked it, whether intentionally or blabbing to journalists. For a woman who was forced into the limelight, she sure came packing Debra Katz & Lisa Banks and then attached conditions to her testimony like she's Kim Dotcom doing the bullshit dance.

I think the most rational explanation is a bungled mix of cynical political manipulation and incompetence. Its not that its all a nefarious organized plot to topple Kavanaugh, it looks more like a nefarious disorganized plot that they're making up as they go along. Maybe Feinstein got the letter and held onto it until she thought it would do the most political damage and then leaked it intentionally and is trying to build a political frame around the accuser as best they can, but the wheels are falling off it as soon as it lurched to life.

I think I agree with most of that, but also think it can live peacefully in a world with what i said.

I think she got the letter, and realized it couldn't be substantiated, so she didn't bring it up in the hearings, knowing it would fall flat fast. and kept it hush hush because no ship in DC is leak free.

I think she then involved more people than we're being told in the DNC to strategize if and when they should roll it out. I think she was then met by incredulity from some of the people she talked to about how she hadn't released it yet, because they're likely more stupid than her. maybe at this point she realized involving others was dumb, and that she'd lost control of the rollout. So like Comey with the wiener laptop presser she pushed it into being, sans any details, to beat someone more malicious and less media saavy from doing it. Now she's stuck trying to manage a ditch fire with only one bucket.

I think it's correct to assume that Diane knows there is only one play, as late in the game post-hearings that she can. But i'm not convinced 100% that she wanted it out when it did come out, or that she wasn't backwardly pressured to go public. Like if you're getting ready to jump off a cliff into deep water but someone's behind you making rude comments about how long you're taking to do it, so you hastily jump and get off balance in the air and instead of a clean pencil dive you belly flop.

In short I think Diane knew there was only one play with regards to time, knows that the details need to be sparse to have any effect, was either going to release it or was heavily in favor of that, but may have been pressured from internal DNC legal-numbskulls who are now undercutting the effectiveness of the rollout. I give Diane a bit too much credit for the fail on this rollout, and i think there's more to the story. ALSO, lets keep in mind the possibility that IF kavanaugh was smeared effectively in the hearings, whatever small chance that is, that this wouldnt have been needed. you dont always need the ace up your sleeve to win the pot.

as to the accuser and her willingness to come forward, i think just about anyone who hates trump, perhaps after an evening of contemplation, could be pressed into service. this woman was likely told she could save america.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 20 2018 08:12am
Gold: 5.77
Sep 20 2018 09:15am
I think it's sad that we have to focus attention on a high school sexual assault when there are a thousand examples of why Kavanaugh is a partisan activist who will disgrace the SCotUS through his allegiance to party over country.
Gold: 9.00
Sep 20 2018 09:18am
Is he guilty? What doth the d2jsp political commentatiére say?
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 20 2018 09:21am
Quote (Tjo @ Sep 20 2018 08:18am)
Is he guilty? What doth the d2jsp political commentatiére say?

not a date or a location and no damning evidence yet

there may be a hearing monday, it's scheduled but we don't know what the accuser is going to decide to do yet but it's looking like a no show so probably a vote to confirm next week

no evidence of any wrong doing by kav as of yet on the sexual assault matter
Sep 20 2018 09:22am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Sep 20 2018 09:15am)
I think it's sad that we have to focus attention on a high school sexual assault when there are a thousand examples of why Kavanaugh is a partisan activist who will disgrace the SCotUS through his allegiance to party over country.

I heard a similar load of kaplooie yesterday on CNN when a woman came on and said, paraphrased: "at this point whether or not Kavanaugh is guilty of the crimes he's accused of doesnt matter. What matters is how he will treat that woman in the hearing when she confronts him, and if he has respect for a woman's pain. Which I already know he doesn't respect a woman's pain, based on his judicial record."

I know liberals are a bit odd with the subject of gender, but ascertaining your feelings about a gender's pain based on your court decisions is a bit too far out there even for me.

im sure you have a long list of the party-over-country moves we have to fear from a SCOTUS pick that isn't just bullshit fear mongering over Roe V Wade.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 20 2018 09:22am
Gold: 9.00
Sep 20 2018 09:28am
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 20 2018 05:21pm)
not a date or a location and no damning evidence yet

there may be a hearing monday, it's scheduled but we don't know what the accuser is going to decide to do yet but it's looking like a no show so probably a vote to confirm next week

no evidence of any wrong doing by kav as of yet on the sexual assault matter

the little that i have read it seems as if it will be very difficult to prove anything… if anything happened.
Gold: 5.77
Sep 20 2018 09:32am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 20 2018 08:22am)
I heard a similar load of kaplooie yesterday on CNN when a woman came on and said, paraphrased: "at this point whether or not Kavanaugh is guilty of the crimes he's accused of doesnt matter. What matters is how he will treat that woman in the hearing when she confronts him, and if he has respect for a woman's pain. Which I already know he doesn't respect a woman's pain, based on his judicial record."

I know liberals are a bit odd with the subject of gender, but ascertaining your feelings about a gender's pain based on your court decisions is a bit too far out there even for me.

im sure you have a long list of the party-over-country moves we have to fear from a SCOTUS pick that isn't just bullshit fear mongering over Roe V Wade.

He's a member of the Federalist Society. That's a good place to start if you want to see the sort of off the wall philosophy Kavanaugh subscribes to.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 20 2018 09:38am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 20 2018 10:09am)
I think I agree with most of that, but also think it can live peacefully in a world with what i said.

I think she got the letter, and realized it couldn't be substantiated, so she didn't bring it up in the hearings, knowing it would fall flat fast. and kept it hush hush because no ship in DC is leak free.

I think she then involved more people than we're being told in the DNC to strategize if and when they should roll it out. I think she was then met by incredulity from some of the people she talked to about how she hadn't released it yet, because they're likely more stupid than her. maybe at this point she realized involving others was dumb, and that she'd lost control of the rollout. So like Comey with the wiener laptop presser she pushed it into being, sans any details, to beat someone more malicious and less media saavy from doing it. Now she's stuck trying to manage a ditch fire with only one bucket.

I think it's correct to assume that Diane knows there is only one play, as late in the game post-hearings that she can. But i'm not convinced 100% that she wanted it out when it did come out, or that she wasn't backwardly pressured to go public. Like if you're getting ready to jump off a cliff into deep water but someone's behind you making rude comments about how long you're taking to do it, so you hastily jump and get off balance in the air and instead of a clean pencil dive you belly flop.

In short I think Diane knew there was only one play with regards to time, knows that the details need to be sparse to have any effect, was either going to release it or was heavily in favor of that, but may have been pressured from internal DNC legal-numbskulls who are now undercutting the effectiveness of the rollout. I give Diane a bit too much credit for the fail on this rollout, and i think there's more to the story. ALSO, lets keep in mind the possibility that IF kavanaugh was smeared effectively in the hearings, whatever small chance that is, that this wouldnt have been needed. you dont always need the ace up your sleeve to win the pot.

as to the accuser and her willingness to come forward, i think just about anyone who hates trump, perhaps after an evening of contemplation, could be pressed into service. this woman was likely told she could save america.

great comparison (not being sarcastic).
Sep 20 2018 09:41am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Sep 20 2018 09:32am)
He's a member of the Federalist Society. That's a good place to start if you want to see the sort of off the wall philosophy Kavanaugh subscribes to.

A group bent on returning the legal code to the constitutional level sending a judge to the court which decides if laws are constitutional. I can hardly contain my horror.

Quote (Horford @ Sep 20 2018 09:38am)
great comparison (not being sarcastic).

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18586878889443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll