d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev18518528538548553169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 22,164.69
Oct 5 2016 07:35pm
I'm saddened voyaging gets the recognition for page 1
My page 15 quote was even worse
Gold: 152.00
Oct 5 2016 08:01pm
Quote (excellence @ Oct 5 2016 09:10pm)
ad buy = buying airtime
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_buying
https://www.google.com/search?q=ad%20buy&rlz=1C1AFAB

not that a strung out dependent would know the difference

stick to howlers.

Pathetic.
Gold: 20.31
Oct 6 2016 02:26pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 5 2016 05:22pm)
No, there isn't. What alternate reality are you living in, where people even remember what was said a week later?
Average americans aren't going to spend weeks analyzing every sound bite from the VP debate, even the media isn't even going to make the story last a full week cycle, nobody is going to remember any of it let alone come to new conclusions out of the blue.

Yes, there is. And voters aren't asked to remember the sum total or even small pieces of every notable event weeks (or even one week) later because that's not how campaign messaging works or even what campaigns expect of them. Campaigns are constantly using message reinforcement day-by-day, hour-by-hour, minute-by-minute to present their message(s) to voters, and then drive them home repeatedly so that they can win an argument that lasts for 2 years but that a voter only spends 10 seconds in a voting booth to render a judgment. This is why you see ads run every day over the life of a campaign (by competent campaigns), surrogates on TV shows, candidates criss-crossing the country hosting events, campaigns flooding out press releases and using social media to reinforce their argument; they want every possible voter to hear and then keep hearing a fine-tuned message.

This is why the strategy that Pence employed (and that Trump's campaign uses overall to just outright lie about his past positions or statements were) can only work short-term: we have the Internet now, Clinton started September with $150 mil COH between HfA/her DNC committees. Voters are going to be seeing both earned and paid media that reinforces the reality that the Trump campaign is not only just fundamentally dishonest, but that Trump's the most dishonest candidate in the history of the country.

Quote (excellence @ Oct 5 2016 05:40pm)
as if a glorified intern at a polling company qualifies as an 'average american' :rofl:

Another swing, another miss. Better luck next time.
Gold: 22,164.69
Oct 6 2016 09:50pm
Quote (Pollster @ Oct 6 2016 02:26pm)
Yes, there is. And voters aren't asked to remember the sum total or even small pieces of every notable event weeks (or even one week) later because that's not how campaign messaging works or even what campaigns expect of them. Campaigns are constantly using message reinforcement day-by-day, hour-by-hour, minute-by-minute to present their message(s) to voters, and then drive them home repeatedly so that they can win an argument that lasts for 2 years but that a voter only spends 10 seconds in a voting booth to render a judgment. This is why you see ads run every day over the life of a campaign (by competent campaigns), surrogates on TV shows, candidates criss-crossing the country hosting events, campaigns flooding out press releases and using social media to reinforce their argument; they want every possible voter to hear and then keep hearing a fine-tuned message.

Gee too bad its been less than a week and the media cycle has already moved on and the VP debate isn't in the news anymore and nothing kaine brought up had any traction.
I can scroll my mousewheel up and down google news frontpage and not see a word about the debates and I'm not even done with my leftovers from my meal that night.
For such a finely tuned message, kaine sure managed to butcher it when he misspoke and quoted trump wrong and misfired his canned line on putin. It was sloppy execution and a punchable face that lost him his debate.

So no, the american voters aren't inevitably waking up tomorrow morning to reconsider what kaine said and stew over it, they don't even remember his name now, ur off your rocker.
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 7 2016 04:11pm
Donald J. Trump was caught on tape bragging in vulgar terms about making sexual advances toward a married woman, aggressively kissing and groping other women, and boasting that “when you’re a star they let you do it.”

The remarkable recording, unearthed by The Washington Post on Friday, was made in 2005 on the set of a soap opera where Mr. Trump was making a cameo appearance. Mr. Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, was captured on an open microphone that he apparently did not know was recording his conversation with Billy Bush, then the host of “Access Hollywood,” with whom he was sitting on a bus.

The lewd discussion offers more insight into how Mr. Trump has spoken about women in private and adds to evidence that he has a penchant for sexist behavior.

Mr. Trump said on Friday that he was sorry if his language offended anyone.

“This was locker room banter, a private conversation that took place many years ago. Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course — not even close,” Mr. Trump said in a statement. “I apologize if anyone was offended.”

During one part of the conversation, Mr. Trump discussed an incident where his advances were rebuffed by a woman. The conversation was recorded after he was already married to Melania Trump, his third and current wife.

“I moved on her and I failed. I’ll admit it,” Mr. Trump says.

He adds that he tried to have sex with the woman, and acknowledges knowing that she was married.

It is not clear whom he was referring to, but Mr. Trump says in very graphic terms that he “moved on” the woman “very heavily,” taking her shopping for furniture as a way to spend time with her.

“I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there. And she was married,” Mr. Trump says. “Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything.”

Mr. Trump has been aggressively courting Christian conservative voters while making former President Bill Clinton’s history of infidelity an issue in the campaign. The recording could prove damaging to his efforts to seem presidential and could add to his problems appealing to female voters with a month to go before the election.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/politics/donald-trump-women.html

Missed this gem:

“And when you’re a star, they let you do it,” Trump says. “You can do anything.”

“Whatever you want,” says another voice, apparently Bush’s.

“Grab them by the p---y,” Trump says. “You can do anything.”

This post was edited by IceMage on Oct 7 2016 04:17pm
Gold: 40.42
Oct 7 2016 04:35pm
Once again Trump is betrayed by his greatest liability, being Trump.
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 7 2016 04:36pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Oct 7 2016 05:35pm)
Once again Trump is betrayed by his greatest liability, being Trump.

The final nail in the coffin. Good riddance loud orange man.
Oct 7 2016 04:38pm
I'd like to think so, but I'm not relaxing until November 9th. :(
Gold: 260.11
Oct 7 2016 04:38pm
Nah guys, he hasn't alienated women at all. He's going to sweep women in November.
Oct 7 2016 04:39pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 7 Oct 2016 14:38)
Nah guys, he hasn't alienated women at all. He's going to sweep women in November.

He's the best with women, great with women, experts on women agree.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18518528538548553169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll