d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Earth Is Flat > Gods Work
Prev18384858687111Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 119,903.34
Aug 15 2016 06:15am
Quote (dro94 @ Aug 15 2016 06:57am)
This is really a damning indictment of a subforum where threads about the earth being flat gain more traction than threads on a range of important political issues (in the rare event somebody actually makes a thread about one)

Politics are largely subjective.

Flat earthers are just trying to disagree with one of the most well supported facts which is the earth is a sphere. So when a discussion actually happens, you can just keep bombarding people with the truth and watch them continue to do mental gymnastics in their head or get trolled cause honestly not sure how you can convince yourself the earth is really flat.
Gold: 3.33
Aug 15 2016 06:46am
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ Aug 15 2016 01:15pm)
Politics are largely subjective.

Flat earthers are just trying to disagree with one of the most well supported facts which is the earth is a sphere. So when a discussion actually happens, you can just keep bombarding people with the truth and watch them continue to do mental gymnastics in their head or get trolled cause honestly not sure how you can convince yourself the earth is really flat.

Arguing with flat earthers is not only a huge waste of time; you demean yourself in the process and actually gives credence to their point of view.
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 15 2016 07:51am
Quote (dro94 @ 15 Aug 2016 13:46)
Arguing with flat earthers is not only a huge waste of time; you demean yourself in the process and actually gives credence to their point of view.

Flat earth is a believe. With all its supporters we can almost call it a religion? Tbh... I was more annoyed this topic was in the science sub forum. I'd rather have it here. The many posts confirms the hype.. and the lack of interesting topics to write in at this time..

Just to let anyone know.. FACT: Flat earth theorists are hypnotized by the spaghetti monster, who was afraid the teapot would rule the sensitive to suggestion.

No-one can disprove this is wrong. So it must be right !

This post was edited by Knaapie on Aug 15 2016 08:12am
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 15 2016 08:48am
Quote (Santara @ Aug 15 2016 01:58am)
There aren't complete pictures of ball Earth because it's... get this... a ball. How in the actual fuck do you take pictures of all sides of a ball in one shot? Now if the Earth were flat like you claim, it would be super simple to take such a picture.

I find it more than ironic that you use a moon landing conspiracy video that clearly supports a ball Earth, what with all their talk of low Earth orbit, to attempt refuting ball Earth.

Stop asking for proof? I contend your worldview is false. I'm not going to do your job and look for the "proof" that fooled you. I want you to show it to me. You need evidence that the Earth is flat, because you're making the contention that it is flat. Prove it. That's how logic and debate work.

They can't take a picture of a ball? There is no proof of gravity? Convince me the world is a ball? No one is asking for all sides 360 degree proof, but they should be able to do that , the term composite is what they do by stitching together a bunch of high altitude photos with a believe they know what the whole picture looks like. So your saying that ball Earth is just like God, There is no photo of God, there's no actual proof he exists, right? Therefore anyone who has faith in God is crazy? Not sure about that but I would agree that the Ball is pretty unlikely.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 15 2016 09:15am
Aug 15 2016 10:16am
Quote (card_sultan @ 15 Aug 2016 15:48)
They can't take a picture of a ball? There is no proof of gravity? Convince me the world is a ball? No one is asking for all sides 360 degree proof, but they should be able to do that , the term composite is what they do by stitching together a bunch of high altitude photos with a believe they know what the whole picture looks like. So your saying that ball Earth is just like God, There is no photo of God, there's no actual proof he exists, right? Therefore anyone who has faith in God is crazy? Not sure about that but I would agree that the Ball is pretty unlikely.

http://www.smarterthanthat.com/astronomy/top-10-ways-to-know-the-earth-is-not-flat/

Here are 10 ways.. Said this before: watch a sunset, run up a ladder and watch it again... -> round... Unlikely would be if the world was flat, since you have to neglect all discoveries since Copernicus.. You can count all of that of proof of a round earth. It's a bit weird to have satellites providing gps applications on a flat earth though. It could have been done by a 5 balloons hovering over the flat earth. Anyone could create a gps like that.. Would be a hole in the market. and yet, no-one does it ? Could the world actually be round?

Yes you idiot.

This post was edited by Knaapie on Aug 15 2016 10:18am
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 15 2016 10:57am
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 14 2016 05:35pm)
Coriolis effect is just a myth - it doesn't affect the way toilets flush , the direction of the incoming water does, also you can find lots of example of hurricanes/Cyclones that spin in the opposite direction they should, you just need to look, not have someone tell you.

Aurora Borealis only happens in the North, if it really is sun "energy" interacting with the ball earth's magnetosphere, it should happen the same in the south. I look up the Aurora Australis (Southern Lights) and the first site that comes up was posted this laughable info

THE PROBLEM WITH SEEING THE AURORA:

Let's say two months from now the Aurora is flaring up in your area -- the sky is ablaze with greens, violets and reds -- but instead of watching it, you're home sitting on the couch.

Why? Because you simply didn't know about it.

That's one of the problems with seeing the Aurora. It doesn’t run on a schedule. Often Auroras happen with only 30 minutes warning.

So stupid, you can see the Northern Aurora Borealis from the 45th parallel, but the southern one is just an excuse of why you dont see it - your lazy ass is home - lol.

So why no photo of the entire flat earth - maybe they dont want you to think it's flat - WHY ARE ALL THE PHOTOS OF BALL EARTH JUST COMPOSITES THAT ARE JUST STITCHED TOGETHER AND HEAVILY AIR BRUSHED?

as of we needed more proof you're either trolling or mentally insane.

Go to the hardware store, buy an american toilet, take it to AUS, observe the water flush.

this is perhaps the easiest to dispel myth you propagate.

its been done countless times. Or are you really now adding all of the toilets in the southern hemisphere to the Illuminati conspiracy along with all pictures of space, rocket science, satellites, etc?
Aug 15 2016 11:02am
Quote (thesnipa @ 15 Aug 2016 17:57)
as of we needed more proof you're either trolling or mentally insane.
Go to the hardware store, buy an american toilet, take it to AUS, observe the water flush.
this is perhaps the easiest to dispel myth you propagate.

He has a vid near the equator with 2 whirlpools running in two different directions ^^ I think he is trolling though, but who cares ? ^^

Quote (Santara @ 15 Aug 2016 18:08)

all digitally produced.

Damn I could take over his role soon.

This post was edited by Knaapie on Aug 15 2016 11:11am
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 15 2016 11:08am
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 15 2016 09:48am)

Make up your fucking mind. You bitch and moan that they have no pictures of Earth, and somehow every picture of Earth given to you... every fucking one... is some kind of trick photography. Here's low Earth obit video:

Or this guy jumping from 127,000 feet with a clear curvature in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZWzb-1PbiQ

How many different photos would you like? I just want 1. 1 single photo of the Earth resembling a flat Earth map. Just one. C'mon, how hard could it be?
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 15 2016 11:10am
Quote (Knaapie @ Aug 15 2016 11:02am)
He has a vid near the equator with 2 whirlpools running in two different directions ^^ I think he is trolling though, but who cares ? ^^

As Kubla put it, at this point he's either trolling or mentally unfit to sit at the adult table on thanksgiving.

I tend to be leaning towards trolling for a few pretty clear to see reasons.

edited for thor

2. The constant bringing up of our velocity through space.

Now sure the numbers would be enough to give pause to any 3rd grader who reads them but the obvious troll part is the implying that one could feel such velocity. Since the day we were all born the earth has traveled at the same speed in the same direction without variance. How then would we even have something to compare it to to "feel it". This is quite obviously trolling or mental illness.

3. most importantly, the constant eluding to a need for fact based rebuttals to his points.

we've had pages and pages and pages of facts and math thrown at him and he's fucked up his math and understanding of physics from the start. the fact that he keep claiming that no one will rebut him with facts, simply because 60% of posts are calling him insane, is silly.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Aug 15 2016 11:46am
Aug 15 2016 11:21am
Flat earth theorists have thousands of videos on how to contradict all evidence given.. Imo the theory and hype is in the top 3 best trolls this decade.. It's hard to tell if the troll is taken serious or the troll is the troll. (pretty much his inception pic, lol)
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18384858687111Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll